Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth Empty
PostSubject: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm

OOC Info:
Moniker:Caoimhe
How did you find out about us?: Co-Founder

Character Info:
Name: Shalanar

Pronunciation: Sh-all-an-r

Title: Wingrider

Honourific: Sh’nar

Age & Turn of Birth: 23 , Winter Turn 478 (updated for Turn 501)

Place of Birth: Harper Hall. Fort Hold

Current Place of Residence: Fort Weyr

Craft: Harper

Rank/Occupation/Role Desired: Wingrider/ Harper

Character Aspirations:

• He craves power above all things, so he would like to progress quickly through the ranks. Wingsecond, Wingleader and Weyrleader positions should all be held by him at some point.

OOC Character Development Goals:

• Want him to realize some day that power is not everything. He will have a huge breakdown hopefully...

Family: (Give their name, age/year of birth, rank and signify if they are deceased.)
    Father: Arkien, Master Harper, 60
    Mother: Wysthia, cook, 45
    Siblings: Henretta (25, f), Cordevia (18, f), Renard (14, m) Esrea (8, f)
    Children:
    Shayla (2, f) - Mother is a greenrider
    Other Significant:
    Karayla (20) :ex-lover, mother of his child. Rider of Green Veerath
    Belisse (21): current lover. Rider of Gold Jeneveth
    S'jiro (24): Best friend. Rider of Bronze Zemarith
    Tsuki (19): S'jiro's sister. (Helps S'jiro protect her) Jr. Journeywoman Harper

Appearance:
    Face: Chris Hemsworth
    Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth Shnar
    Hair: straight, blonde, cut short but never shaved to his head.
    Eyes: blue, angled, almost like slits sometimes but they are such a startling shape and color they draw in attention. He has long eyelashes, naturally brown in color.
    Height:6'3", He's tall but certainly not among the tallest here at the Weyr.
    Build: muscular but not huge. Being a dragonrider changed his body from simply a little toned to muscled though he is by no means a body builder type.
    Other Notable Physical Traits: He has a huge scar on his right thigh.
    Style of Dress: Most days he wears his leathers. Whenever he has free time and time to change, he wears loose fitting shirts, and linen type pants, sandals. Sort of a laid back, beachy feel. For really special occassions, he has a nice pair of black slacks, a couple button down shirts, one is a dark, wine red and the other is light blue. He usually has a formal jacket to go with and a pair of dress shoes.
    Possessions usually found on persona: A leather and wooden necklace. Its more of a charm, for him. Like a good luck sort of thing. All the best things that have happened have happened while he has been wearing. So now he keeps it on his person at all times.

History:

---Turns 478-484---
    0-6 Turns of age

[A world without power]

The cold wind whipped past the windows of the Hold, howling its rage at the stony walls. Baby Shalanar was born howling back at the wind's fury. Sometime after he was settled the wind too died down and the Hall was able to sleep peacefully. The baby was the son of a Harper and his wife whom already had one child and were hoping for more. The family would remain at the Harper Hall because of the father's connections.

Insisting that Shalanar begin learning some historical ballads at a young age, he drilled the boy all the time, often bullying him to keep him from giving up.He was told he was worthless, called a dimglow, beaten when he didn't learn things as quickly as his father wanted him to. He became a coward and was often bullied by other children too. His father was less than supportive of his problems with other children, thinking his son ought to know how to defend himself. However the boy was not much of a fighter and tried to avoid confrontation with the other children.

His father's drilling and abuse continued through his early childhood but you can bet Shalanar knew every ballad by heart before most kids even knew one. Once he had them down, word for word, his father began his musical training although the boy was not officially apprenticed. As a child he had a clear, high voice. One perfect for a boy choir which his father placed him in at the age of four and where he progressed. By the age of six he was already a soloist.

--Turn 485 - 494--
    Ages: 7-16
    ["There is only Power and those too weak to seek it."]

After one particularly bad beating from some other boys older than himself, he decided he would learn to fight because he was no longer going to allow himself to be bullied by them. He was learning quickly that the only way people lose power is in thinking that they don't have any. He could have power. He should have power. No one was going to treat him like this ever again. He could be different if he wanted to be and he would be.

He approached the Guards at the Hall and requested training. He was too young still to apprentice so he had enough free time to learn.They were agreeable since he was having trouble defending himself and they felt they could help him. He spent the rest of his time at the Healer Hall, learning to fight with the guard as a secondary skill. His father seemed to find some respect for him after that and stopped being physically abusive. However the verbal abuse would continue.

At the age of twelve he began his official apprenticeship with one of the Master Harper's who resided at the Harper Hall. So he never had to leave home. The youth was already skilled in music theory, history and vocals, now he was learning instruments which required more work on his part to learn. He was not a natural when it came to music so everything he had to work twice as hard as other apprentices to get things right.  

He didn't enjoy his apprenticeship much but he did enjoy learning to fight. This was something he had control over. He began to grow taller, and gain muscle mass and soon he would be able to show them all that he was not going to get pushed around any longer. He was going to take his power and he was going to keep it and then he would be free.

He progressed much more quickly as he got older and his self confidence went from non-existent to almost arrogant. He might not be the best instrumentalist but the man could sure hit a note vocally. In fact Shalanar liked to write music more than perform but it was part of being a Harper to perform. so he became more used to performing as he grew older. Being in front of people was not as scary once he was more confident in himself and his abilities.

---Turns 495 to 500---
    Ages 17 to 22
    ["Power is not a means, it is an end."]

The Turns seemed to fly by more quickly as the teen became more mature. He had grown to over six feet tall before he was sixteen. He had no trouble with people anymore, even his father was practically out of his life. To say he resented the man would be an understatement. If he never had to see him again, he would be pretty damn happy.

Just a couple months before his eighteenth birthingday, he walked the Tables to Journeyman. Somehow events come quickly when they are life changing because not two days letter he was Searched. Once there he didn't have long to wait.  He was a Candidate for all of two sevendays which was barely enough time for him to know anyone. Not that he intended to be friends with anyone. He was far too interested in Impressing to care.  

He had wanted the prestige and power that came with being a Bronzerider so when he did Impress to the only Bronze in his clutch he was ecstatic. The Bronzerider, now Sh'nar was going to have no trouble with the work required of dragonriders.

Weyrling training went by much more quickly than he expected. It was a lot of hard work and kind of intense with the amount of learning they had to do. He was quite lucky he had been raised a harper and knew quite about about dragons already. He was pretty quick with everything and so earned respect from some people although he was not the easiest person to get along with.

As his Bronze grew older, he was increasingly aware of the dragon's urge to fly greens and Golds. So when one of the greens from their class flew, they gave chase. Winning the flight of course wasn't enough for Sh'nar. He manipulated the young woman into loving him and wanting to please him.

She bore his first child, Shayla. Shortly thereafter they were getting into verbal altercations all the time so finally, Sh'nar was quite honest with her and told her he had no feelings for her whatsoever.

He has a been a wingrider for almost two Turns.

Personality:

"I ask for so little.
    Just fear me, love me, do as I say
    and I will be your slave.[

To say he was a natural leader would be a complete and utter lie. He honestly has no training to be a leader and none so far to show he knows anything about leadership however he feels he is capable of leading a wing. Deluded? Perhaps. However, Sh'nar is a determined sort and a  bit single minded when it comes to positions of power. He wants to be the boss, the head honcho because he would rather have control over everything that goes on around him.

He is a bit arrogant but that comes with the territory when talking of Bronzeriders. Although he takes self-absorption to a whole new level. He cares little about other people or their suffering. His own problems and difficulties far outweigh anything anyone else faces. He will help people when he can but only for a price. Sh'nar  will make deals with people but somehow always ends up better off for it.

Cunning and manipulative, he will tell someone exactly what they need to hear in order for them to do exactly what he wants them to. He is never jealous and sees no reason for any of his lovers to be. The fact that he trusts them enough to be faithful should mean he gets the same amount of trust in return. Sh'nar can come off as a bit of a womanizer but its mostly due to his dragon. Cymrioth loves flights. The competition mixed with the dragon's chase urges, are almost impossible to control. Sh'nar is used to the dragon's needs although most women do not understand even if it is common at the Weyr.

Sh'nar did not mind the flights as much as he pretended to. After all, it was practice for flying Golds which would gain him more position and power. He never stays with any woman long enough to get emotionally attached. Hearts might be breaking all over the weyr but the only heart he cares about is his own. He keeps a distance for a reason. He doesn't want to feel anything for anyone. It would interrupt his plans, keep him distracted from what he needs to think about. He has to keep his eye on the prize or he'll become mediocre.

Shortcomings:

• Love- He doesn't really know how to love anyone and he has given up on people ever seeing his good side. If he even has one. His thirst for power often interferes with his life especially concerning people he might care about. He will choose power over love, time and time again.
    • Self Centered- His ability to the world as it revolves around him instead of the truth, keeps him from being capable of empathizing with other people. He seems unfeeling and cold. Most people would consider him narcissistic.
    • Pursuit of power- the single minded, determination to achieve more and more power seems to keep him from being likeable as well. He can't let go of his desire for power because of his past. Something no one will ever know about if he can help it. He never wants to be powerless again. Impressing a Bronze was only the first step to his pursuits.

Mannerisms or Habits:

• He arches his left eyebrow when someone surprises him.
    • Has a habit of cracking his knuckles.

Skills/Likes:
    [Singing]: More of a skill than a like. He's been in the Harper Hall since birth, he knows how to hit a note. Music theory is his slave pretty much.
    [Control/Power]: He wants to be in control of everything in his life and wants power over people. So when he has these things he is very happy.
    [Fighting]: He has some skill and he actually enjoys dueling and winning. Even if dueling is frowned upon by some of the higher ups.
    [His children]: Having vowed to never be like his father towards his own offsping, when he spends time with Shayla (Which isn't nearly as often as his daughter would like) he makes certain to tell her how wonderful she is.

Dislikes:
    [Hard Work]: Why can't things in life just be easy. Everything in his life thus far has been handed to him. Why should he work if he doesn't have to? Well because someone else has told him to. Still he'd much prefer living an easier life.
    [Jealousy]: Women like him. Its as simple and logical as that. He shouldn't have to deal with jealousy or envy from a woman he is with because other women are talking to him. He might not give any of his girlfriends a reason to trust him but he expects them to.
    [Losing]: He is the sorest loser in all of Pern. He can't stand being on the lesser side of things. He wants to outfly, outrun, out think and out perform everyone else. (Although its not a realistic goal, it is how his mind works). To lose is to be weak.

Fighting Style/Weapon of Choice: Sword fighting and hand to hand combat as he was taught by guards at the Harper Hall and then continued sparring at the Weyr. He will do what it takes not to be beat down by anyone ever again.

Crafter Information:
    Craft: Harper

Years in Craft:10 Turns

Junior Journeyman, walked the Tables two days before he was Searched and not two weeks later he was Impressed.

Location of Journeymanship: Fort Weyr

Specialization: Song writing and Vocal.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 am

I posted my first draft of Belisse, my 'Belle' to counteract your 'Rumple'. Very Happy Do you want to change her to being the baby momma? Either way doesn't matter but let me know what you think of her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 am

I think it will create some conflict because he has had a child with someone else and they parted not so amicably. He does not love his ex but she might still love him which could bring some drama to Belisse if she finds out. He isn't going to be spending a ton of time with his child right now, in his pursuit of rank and power.

Love what you have so far. And I love Emilie de Ravin. I used her as a character once but that was a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 am

Caoimhe wrote:
I think it will create some conflict because he has had a child with someone else and they parted not so amicably. He does not love his ex but she might still love him which could bring some drama to Belisse if she finds out. He isn't going to be spending a ton of time with his child right now, in his pursuit of rank and power.

Love what you have so far. And I love Emilie de Ravin. I used her as a character once but that was a long time ago.

I am all about extra dramaz She'd definitely know that he had a kid with someone else, she's been at the Weyr since he Impressed. So I just need to find out what the relationship was between Sh'nar and the baby momma so I can decide if she's jealous of the woman or not.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:01 am

Let's see he met Karayla in Weyrling Training. But the relationship didn't take off till her green did and Sh'nar's Bronze caught her. After that they remained together till Shayla was born and then the fighting started and Sh'nar moved on because he never really loved her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Finished. Ready for critique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth   Wingrider Sh'nar of  Bronze Cymrioth I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Wingrider Sh'nar of Bronze Cymrioth
Page 1 of 1