Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Message for Weyrwoman Karen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivid

Vivid

A Message for Weyrwoman Karen Empty
PostSubject: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 am

A letter came by a rider from Telgar Weyr, a green rider who swooped low and hailed the watch dragon in a brassy, trill. She was an olive green, shaded in forest along her flanks. The rider was male, with close cut red hair and bold, brown eyes.

I am Lilanith and my rider is K'mit. We bring a message from the weyrwoman of Queen Eefraith.

*K'mit is an NPC
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 am

The greenrider was permitted to meet with the Senior Weyrwoman and directed to a place where he could indeed give her whatever message he was carrying.

When he was brought before Karene, she spoke first, "Wingrider K'mit, welcome to Fort Weyr." She smiled broadly. Karene generally assumed she needed no introduction.

Letting a hand indicate he might take a seat if he wanted to. The office was small and not normally where she conducted meetings. There were a few shelves which held many records along the walls of the room as well as a large desk in the middle of the space. A couple of comfortable chairs were placed in front of the desk.

"May I see the message?"
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:20 pm

K'mit sat himself as he was bade and Lilanith settled herself in the bowl and in the back of his mind. He smiled as he approached the chair and the Weyrwoman of Fort, bowing at the waist as was respectful. A moment later, he sat down and pressed his back against the chair.

"Thank you, Weyrwoman Karene and yes. I bring this message to you from weyrwoman Ambriel's own hand." and he passed the message to her.

Within the words read as follows...

Dear Weyrwoman Karene of Fort Weyr,

It is with sincerest apologies do I send these words. I was unable to attend out previous mentioned meeting with weyrwoman Zorayda because matters of a personal and family related nature arose. I would, however, would like to reschedule our meeting at your earliest convenience to discuss the future of Igen Weyr.

Sincerely,
weyrwoman Ambirel of Eefraith
Telgar Weyr

K'mit remained silent and awaited instruction.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 am

After the greenrider had made himself comfortable, Karene then sat in her own chair. When the messagew as given to her, she scanned the contents quickly. Looking up at the rider then, "I will write her a response immediately. Is Lilanith prepared to make a trip directly back to Telgar or will you need a respite first?"

While waiting for his answer, she readied a parchment and quill. "This will only take a moment."

There were a good many things Karene used as a Weyrwoman that were taught to her when she was just a child. Writing was one of them. She wrote with a practiced ease, allowing the letters to flow onto the parchment.

Junior Weyrwoman Ambriel,

I hope all is well with your family. There will be another meeting, a continuation of the one you were unable to attend. I will be sure to get you the date for the meeting after I hear from Weyrwoman Zorayda. In the meantime, you are cordially invited to the Masquerade we will be holding in a few sevendays.

Also, we may set up a one on one meeting, before the other is to commence if you wish to be int he know sooner.

Sincerely,

Senior Weyrwoman Karene of Fort Weyr

Letting the parchement absorb the ink, she waited a moment, before folding the message and closing it with her own wax seal.

"Deliver this directly to Weyrwoman Ambriel when you arrive at Telgar."
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:59 am

"I can be off with respite. Lilanith is in fine spirits, I thank you." K'mit said, eager to be back to Telgar and deliver the news to weyrwoman Ambriel.

"Yes, Weyrwoman Karene. I will do so directly. Do I have your leave to go?" the green rider asked, rising to his feet expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:09 pm

"Yes, rider. You are free to go." Karene said, "Extend my warmest regards to your Weyrwoman." She added, watching the rider leave. Indeed, Ambriel would need to spend some time with Zora and Belisse, sooner than later. Their personalities should work well together and Belisse had gotten extra training while she had been on bed rest. Everything would come together perfectly. As planned.

At the next meeting the advance party would be gathered and ready to go. She looked forward to that. They had a spy or spies to sniff out at Igen. The sooner the location was affirmed to be secure and the support staff was ready for more riders, the advance party would make themselves at home. Followed by the Goldriders and any other riders who would be transferring.

She could hardly contain the excitement within her to have something she had been planning for turns finally come to fruition. There were going to be some hiccups along the way but nothing she could not handle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message for Weyrwoman Karen   A Message for Weyrwoman Karen I_icon32

Back to top Go down

A Message for Weyrwoman Karen
Page 1 of 1