Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 pm

She didn’t say that he would get no complaints from her. If he locked her in to give her kisses, she wouldn’t mind at all. Veyani enjoyed more of his kisses and reveled in the fact that he was in fact smiling and acting a little carefree for once. “You could try.” She teased, knowing full well she had no intention of kissing anyone else.

After he answered her question, she smiled. He had time then to be distracted for a little while. Hopefully he wouldn’t mind her monopolizing his free time. Veyani stood up slowly, completely not surprised that he wouldn’t offer to help her up. The idea of him actually thinking of being nice to her was preposterous anyway. Unless there was something in it for him.

“Just eating?” She asked, thinking he may have time for more than eating. “Nothing more?” Veyani took a seat at the table. Maybe she could eat some.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am

Whether they were going to be dating or not, S'jiro wasn't ready to be so forgiving of Veyani just yet. It was still a new concept for him, accepting someone like her into his life like that. So, even if he liked her it was going to take a little time for him to adjust to her constant presence in his life. Anyway, he was certain that Veyani wouldn't be so forgiving of him, either; she'd made it clear time and time again that she was not in any way going to agree with him over his perception of her lowly stature in life. Not just hers, but anyone of like circumstance. He didn't see her ever being accepting of the fact that they weren't 'equals' in some way. Even though he'd tried to explain it to her...

Maybe all common people thought that way. Maybe she couldn't help it? Maybe it was like... a disease?

Well, disease or no, he was frustratingly enough, coming to love her for all those perfect quirks. He was willing to accept all their disagreements as long as he could keep teasing her.

S'jiro rightened his chair and sat to eat again. "Just eating? Just what else did you have in mind? It doesn't have anything to do with that kissing rampage does it?"
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Blushing slightly, she wondered; what they would do after eating? There were many many things they had yet to do together. “Well you won’t always be able to monopolize my time, like you can today. I do have friends you know.” Although he would probably consider them his lessers. Except perhaps for Emerene and his sister. There were some things which she preferred to keep to herself. If they became more serious, he might want to meet some of her friends and realize they were not so bad.

She’d been thrown in with his friends already and while he had hoped to make her feel inferior, she never did. Some of his friends were even somewhat accepting of her presence. Although in truth she wasn’t sure she enjoyed their company as much as S’jiro did. Especially not the women. They were as Tsuki described them, probably a little worse than she had described them since Tsuki seemed willing to give others the benefit of the doubt, see the good side of them.

“So you’re going to have to come up with a way to keep these rampages contained to the limited times we will be together.” Of course he would probably throw it all back on her. If she wanted to be with him she would make herself available to him when he wanted. He should know though, that wouldn’t go over so well. She had an independent mind and she want him telling her how to think or what to do. Veyani figured, he did not want their relationship to be that way either. Or he would be with someone else. Someone more compliant.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:35 am

Compliant indeed. It was something which Veyani needed to work on -maybe in that sense, they could both learn to do a little compromising and being a little more understanding of one another if they had any plans of being together long term. Honestly though, it should would only be typical if S'jiro hadn't thought that far ahead yet. Even for Veyani's sake. He was still just getting used to her being in his life and in his Weyr and...

...what if things didn't work out in the end? But the Bronzerider wasn't questioning any of it. More of the sensual sort, he was running with his emotion on this one.

One eyebrow lifted in skepticism. He wasn't always going to be able to monopolize her time, eh? Had she forgotten who he was? He usually did quite what he pleased, within reason. As long as it didn't upset the order of things. In any case, he didn't like the idea of other people monopolizing all her time, either. "Well, it's not fair for your friends to be monopolizing all your time either. And if they won't be understanding, then I might just need to join you when you're in their company."

What was he saying? Oh, dear. Obviously he wasn't thinking it all through? Surely? But the offer stood, and he was going to stand behind it. And he was going to make himself intent on not ruining her time with her friends, either. Then again, depending on his own Wing schedules and time with his own friends, he might not have much time to join her; it would all depend... but he could certainly make efforts to roam outside his happy Bronzerider box.

The way she talked then about these apparent future rampages was displeasing to him. Rather, it was displeasing when combined with the thought that she might ever choose to be with someone else other than him. Of course, he'd never openly admit to being the jealous sort.

S'jiro continued chewing his food in silence. Truthfully, he was trying to suppress the feelings that she had always been able to arouse in him; even though there were other things they could do together, they hadn't really discovered those things they had in common just yet. Though he could perhaps help her with any of her Candidate studies if she needed a study partner. But...if he kissed her again while playing her little game, there was no promise it wouldn't lead to something else. Then again, how could he afford not to try and contain her? How could he not end up kissing her again?

Having a hard time finishing his food, the Bronzerider's focus was more and more on her. Why did she do this to him!? Better question, was she even trying? Probably not. Irritating him had always seemed to come natural to her.

Finally, S'jiro pushed his chair back and stood up, swallowing hard against the rising desire at his core. If he didn't say something to distract them from being physical, that's all they'd end up doing. So, he cleared his throat and suggested, "Do you have any studies to catch up on or that you need help with?... like reading?" Well, he wasn't completely being an ass again, in fact, he thought he was being rather thoughtful of her. Admittedly though, he did add that last little part in there just to get her worked up again.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:40 pm

At first, being a little surprised by his decision that he would come find her, even if she were with people he didn't approve of and make time to be with her even if she was with said undesireables was quite amazing to her. She knew he was falling for her in return but she didn't know how easy it would be for him to accept what her life was like. Where she came from was completely different from where he did.

"Really? You would do that?" She said, quirking her head to the side just slightly, then putting something in her mouth to keep herself from saying anything that would come across as sweet and naive. The roll was no longer warm but it was still soft and easy to chew. "Well as long as you don't mind talking with some of us more common types, you are always welcome to join me when I'm with my friends."

It might be a little too much too soon to say he could join her anytime, anywhere, whatever she might be doing. Veyani had nothing to hide from him. He knew who she was and she had been honest with him from the beginning of their interactions with one another. She didn't feel the need to have any romantic involvement with anyone else.

Knowing now that he might actually feel the need for her companionship more than he would readily admit, made her feel elated almost relieved. She was hoping he wanted to be around her as much as she wanted to be around him. There was nothing worse than having someone you didn't want around you, hovering and smothering you with attention.

Reading?! Her dark eyes shot him a look of complete vehemence. "Reading? I really think that would help but you might get irritated again..." She paused, "Maybe we could relax a little too..." She thought, thinking maybe she could lean back on him while she read. It would be comfortable and she did want him near her.

She wanted to be able to touch him when she was with him, it was part of her infatuation. He was a very physical man, driven by his own desires. Veyani wasn't much different than he was in that aspect. She was beginning to discover how much she liked being close to another person.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Veyani was right. His being with she and her friends meant that he'd have to be around commoners more. That thought irked him more than he was letting on at the moment, but his jealousy over her got the better of him. There was a positive side to it; he'd get to see how she lived her life every day while they weren't around one another, know her habits a little better, know who to go to if he was ever looking for her, the places she frequented -outside of his own personal reading spot.

It was likely though that he could be too busy to spend too much time with she and her commoner friends, and maybe he could drag her away from them sooner rather than later when he was there with them.. who knew. In any case, just a little time with them wouldn't kill him. Or would it? S'jiro had to wonder.

But this was all for her. S'jiro would do it for her. And his jealousy.

"Well," He didn't want her getting any big misunderstandings about his intention, "I'm sure it's best that you do most of the talking. They're your friends after all. I don't want to interfere or anything." He really just wanted to be with her. Where she went, he wanted to go and see.

The Bronzerider was almost kicking himself in the head at that point. What was he doing?! This was madness! Since when did he agree to sitting down with commoners!

When she was too busy shooting glares at him over his suggestion, he couldn't help but offer a sigh. Her reading skills really needed work still, and he knew what he was likely to happen if she just wanted to be close to him. They might as well just skip any plans they had of reading.

With a coy smirk fixed upon his features, it was from the end of the relatively small dining table that S'jiro leaned over the spot where her plate was in front of her, propping himself up on one hand. He leaned toward her so that their proximity was quite close, likely disrupting her eating. "So long as you're not asking me to resist any urges I might have during that time. "
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 pm

"You? Interfere?" She almost laughed, "If I have to talk to those silly girls you hang out with then its only fair that you might have to say a few words to people like me." In fact she'd really rather he didn't hang out with any of those girls anymore. If they were going to hang all over him, she might just end up being quite rude.

She had swallowed another bite of food, when he leaned in close to her. S'jiro was close enough she couldn't possibly eat anymore. Which was fine with her, she wasn't really that hungry. The only reason she was munching on bread now was to keep herself from talking too much. Although she did that before they were technically together and it didn't seem to stop him from wanting to be with her.

Before she said anything in response, she gave him a smirk of her own. "And what might those urges be?" She might have a pretty good idea. If she were correct, she didn't see how he had ever resisted when he was around her. There was no reason for him to do so now. Unless he had an urge to kill her, then yes, he would have to resist!
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:34 pm

S'jiro's lopsided grin was growing to be infectious. He had a hard time keeping the laugh behind it under control, so he stood upright again. Urges indeed. He was certain that by this point he didn't need to elaborate when it came to his own urges. Or had he not educated her enough on that account?

The Bronzerider's features then melted into some expression more neutral, trying to shift his focus from what he would like to be doing with her right now, to... well... to anything else.

"When it comes to it, if you still don't know, then I'll be sure to tell you. In the mean time, was there something other than reading that you had in mind for us to be doing?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 pm

His reluctance to say what his urges were rather confirmed to her what she had thought. "I see. THOSE urges. Since when have you ever had to resist them?" She giggled then stood up too. She didn't walk away from the table just yet, but stretched her arms up behind her head.

"Oh, ummm." Well she had never been much of a planner. So she hadn't thought things through at all. They could do anything and she wouldn't care. "I hadn't really thought about what we were going to do. I mean I came here to tell you what Z'rim had told me and let you know how I felt and I've done that. I didn't imagine you'd have time to do much more than that. Now I find we both have time on our hands and I don't really plan things out too well I just sort of go with whatever I'm feeling at the moment."

The numerous words were now flowing out of her mouth because she didn't really know what to say or think. She shouldn't be nervous, because she knew him well enough to know he wouldn't find her too silly. "I like reading." She added with a shrug. "Is there something special you like to do when you have free time?" She paused and the mischievious glint was back in her brown eyes, "I mean other than to tease and seduce young farm girls gone Candidate..."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Well didn't Veyani just think she was so smart, calling him on his 'urges' like that. Of course he didn't resist taking what he wanted. He was perfectly obligated to have what he desired. But regarless of that fact, he had a witty remark of his own. He wasn't going to let her think he was the only one at fault here.

"Since when has there been any rule suggesting that I should resist my desires? And remind me also.. when you ever chose to resist me? See. No matter how much you want to argue with me, you still made those choices as much as I did."

He was snickering then, perfectly pleased with himself. Though, he did feel the occasional pang of guilt that he'd touched a girl so young as her, and even taken from her what most Hold bred girls considered most precious to them. He really was a monster sometimes?

She was choosing to be with him though, and he would show her that he cared for her beyond just physical desire.

The Bronzerider had to stop and think about her question then, "Mmm.. Read. And think. Even when I look like I'm reading, I'm not always. Sometimes I'm just thinking." Erm, well that didn't sound very interesting now did it?

"I do like art. Collecting and viewing. Z'rim and I share that in common. But his family was much more deeply involved in that sort of thing." And indeed, if one were to look about the outskirts of his room, S'jiro had a small collection of interesting art all his own. Whether it be a tapestry hung on the wall, a rug on the floor, a painting or pottery near the fireplace. Even the furniture could have been specially hand-carved. Maybe there was no telling just which things or how many things in his room, upon closer inspection, were actually of fairly high value as far as artistry went. Any number of his things could have some hidden Master Crafter's mark on them.

"Anyway, I don't suspect you'd probably be very interested in that?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:36 pm

"You're the one who brought it up. Said as long as I didn't ask you to resist your urges. Like I've ever said no before." She said, giggling, "I never said I wanted to resist MY urges. I do what I want when I want to and to Between with the consequences..."

Veyani was a bit reckless really, when one thought about it. That kind of recklessness could get her into trouble at some point but not now, not today.

"I do that too. I think so much I can't hear anything or see anything but what I've created in my mind. Its easier outside." Daydreaming was also something she did quite frequently. "I think about my dreams and desires and what I need to do to get them. I think about the past and the present and the future. Sometimes I get tired though, of just thinking about things and not acting on them."

She shrugged, " I don't know anything about art. I could find it interesting but you'd have to teach me about it and why its significant. " She didn't think art was at all significant. When she realized just how pointless it was, she would then wonder at why people spent their lives creating it.

"I do like your furniture, if that is considered art. "
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm

S'jiro was glad they were starting to have at least a couple of things in common, but he wondered at her lack of interest in the finer things in life. But that couldn't be helped granted her upbringing. If she thought his Weyr was amazing, she'd likely spend days exploring the halls of his home -or someplace even grander, like Fort Hold itself. He'd been there a handful of times and been fairly amazed himself. Though, each hold had its own individual beauty.

Just as each hold had its own unique qualities of attraction in his eyes, the art he enjoyed was similar in that aspect. It would be a feat though to convey all of his appreciation of art to her in one sitting, so he started simply. As he did so, he went to the chaise lounge near the hearth where they could sit together. "Well... art is often subjective. Its greatness determined by how it has inspired the lives of others. Sometimes it is simplicity that catches the eye, sometimes patterns or natural themes. Sometimes the surprise that crops up or the unity it brings to a space. There are many reasons to appreciate art, and its many forms."

Of course, S"jiro himself seemed to prefer unity and simplicity over all; perhaps the periodic piece that really transformed the space it was in with some exciting colour or design. A lot of things in his room seemed to have some sort of draconic theme recurring in them, too. Like the feet of the chaise lounge, carved into the shape of a dragon's paw and talons.

Granted that she probably knew more about him than he knew about her at this point, he decided to ask her the same question. "Mmmm.. so, how about you? Was there much to do on the farm growing up? What did you do for fun? What was it like?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 pm

"Interesting." She said, thinking about what she was going to say because she had a question, she was simply unsure how to word it. "Would you say art is a reflection of the world's natural beauty?" She preferred to see real things, natural things, the way they were intended to be. Perhaps he had lived in a place where this sort of beauty was overlooked in comparison to recreations and reincarnations. There were ways to tweak things just enough to make them seem original, even if they were not completely so. Veyani was pretty sure she would rather see the ocean.

"What was it like?" She said with a laugh, "I'm not sure you're going to want to hear this..." Because he tended to get offended when she mentioned how hard working farming was. "There isn't much time for recreation on a farm. You wake up before the sun rises to start the day. After we got morning chores done, mother would call us in for breakfast and as soon as we were done eating we were back out working. Usually we brought snacks to get us through the day until dusk at which point we came back in for dinner and then bed. "

"We weren't as busy in the winter months but there were still things to do to prepare for planting. As for me, well, as I've said before I would never have made a good farmer. I didn't care for it and I didn't care so I would be gone for candlemarks at a time, allowing others to do my chores for me. I didn't do it on purpose..."

She sighed, "I'd lose track of time. Its easy to do when there isn't much to farm work than work, work and more work. I'd get caught up in my own thoughts and dreams." She didn't want to sound like she was better than a farm, she actually felt horrible for not being good enough to be a farmer. It took more determination and hard work than anyone might know.

"I guess the most fun we had was when the neighboring families would gather for a big pot luck or marriage of some kind. Maybe once or twice a Turn. Then there was the occasional Harper or tradesman who would come through. They never stayed long at all. I found it all boring. Sadly, I didn't realize how much I could miss the quiet, or how much noise a bunch of people together could make. I didn't know what being enclosed in rocky passageways would be like."

She didn't really have time to adjust before she had met him and things had become complicated rather quickly. Maybe that was how the weyr was? Her home was quiet, not much happened. Turns could pass and no one would be the wiser except one had to plant and harvest. Things moved much more quickly here. She felt like she had been here much longer than she had.

"I wanted to see the world. And when I impress, I fully intend on seeing as much of it as possible. Most especially the ocean."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:55 pm

"Interesting." She said, thinking about what she was going to say because she had a question, she was simply unsure how to word it. "Would you say art is a reflection of the world's natural beauty?"

Glancing about his own Weyr at all the decor, simple in its form but rich with hand-painted or carved artistry of draconic figures, he thought that her observation must be true to some extent. "I suppose that would sometimes be the case." And if the Bronzerider had been somewhat surprised that Veyani would have any eye for observation when it came to art, his surprise was many times multiplied, as she rattled on, that she openly admitted to shirking her duties growing up.

Her story sounded about as exciting as his own childhood; but 'I didn't do it on purpose...', she says? Scoffing out loud as he crossed a ankle over one knee, leaning back with hands behind his head in repose on the chaise lounge, S'jiro's very expression mocked the girl. "You didn't do it on purpose? Just like you didn't keep coming back to my reading spot on purpose? Sounds suspicious if you ask me. I think you were trying to prove a point, if history has a way of repeating itself? And if that's the case, that you were really just trying to get a message through, then it's lucky our Searchrider showed up when he did, to rescue you."

Then again, transplanting her here could very well have just made life worse -if not just a great deal more complicated. But if that's what she wanted... it seemed as though that might be the case. Maybe S'jiro didn't have to feel so bad about the course of things after all.

"I wanted to see the world. And when I impress, I fully intend on seeing as much of it as possible. Most especially the ocean."

S'jiro was watching Veyani as she spoke those words, speaking nothing, but contemplating her very situation and what he might be able to do to make that wish come true.

Hopefully, one day she would Impress, but at present, there was no clutch on the sands. So, in the mean time, he could always see about an outing to give her a little time away from the cramped spaces of Fort Weyr. Of course, any time she wanted some peace and quiet, she could always come here, to his private quarters. Few would be looking for her here.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm

There it was again. He thought she had gone there on purpose to see him? Certainly seemed to be a bit of a stretch. After all, she had far more important things to concern herself with. Like finding a quiet place to ignore the rest of the world from. She wouldn’t let him get away with comments like that. And he knew it. Which was why he had said what he had.

“Are you trying to analyze me?” She almost laughed. There was some humor in the idea that he was trying to figure out why she did what she did. He would be hard pressed to figure her out entirely. “Yes, well isn’t that the way it is supposed to be? Fair young women carted off by good natured Searchriders to the weyr, where they are seduced by handsome, egotistical Bronzeriders…”

“I really should thank N’kai. There isn’t a traditional way to thank Searchriders is there? He could have been in a great deal of trouble on my account because I insisted we could sneak out and still be Searched without our parents being the wiser.” And while she was on that subject, she wondered if dragons liked to receive gifts as well… “Do dragons like presents?” Although she really did have to question what anyone could really get a dragon that a dragon would find useful or pretty.

“You weren’t even Searched as far as I know. Maybe I shouldn’t be taking advice from you…”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:01 pm

"Analyze you? I thought I'd been trying to do that since we first met, but such efforts have proved somewhat in vain. I hope you know just how much trouble you are." The Bronzerider could help but grin.

“Yes, well isn’t that the way it is supposed to be? Fair young women carted off by good natured Searchriders to the weyr, where they are seduced by handsome, egotistical Bronzeriders…”

S'jiro was nodding, seeming thoughtful with his head cocked to one side in slight. "Mmm, I do hear that is what happens. It is advised to take all precaution when faced with the roguish Bronzerider; one can never know what they might do next. Their true intentions are about as elusive as that of Veyani. But not quite." He loved to tease Veyani, and hoped he was doing a good job at it. Though, this round had been a little nicer than his typical efforts previously had been. He was still grinning as she went on, voicing her thoughts out loud about her being Searched.

“You weren’t even Searched as far as I know. Maybe I shouldn't be taking advice from you…”

That brought a smug expression to his face.

"Well, Kaisoth would probably not mind the extra attention." But presents? S'jiro mulled over that one for a moment longer. He didn't think that was typical, to give a dragon a gift, but many dragons would always enjoy an extra hand at being oiled or some such.

"It was your parent's choice to let the Riders conduct a Search. If they didn't want their children Searched, they should have refused. Likewise, it was N'kai's choice to bring you here. There is no thanks needed. That is what Searchriders do." But... if Veyani really wanted to express some measure of appreciation, he didn't see anything wrong with that, either. She needn't worry about the Bluerider's choice to return for her though. He was only doing what he thought was right at the time; that was his duty.

"If you really want to do something for Kaisoth though, you could always promise a play date at the lake. Many dragons enjoy swimming and playing.

"As for me, I came here of my own accord." Unless she wanted to prod for details, he was unlikely to divulge any more than that. He'd decided to come here, and he did. That was all most people need be concerned with. Though, most people did catch wind eventually, that the families of each of the Bronze foursome, were generous patrons to the Weyrs, which was assumed why, to some extent, their behaviour was tolerated as much as it was when they got a little out of hand or went asking for any special privileges. All in all though, they weren't a bad bunch. They just had a different perspective of the world, and had fun doling out a little hazing now and then. Veyani's case had been rather extreme.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 pm

"Someone has to keep you on your toes." She retorted. Somehow she didn't think she was going to be able to resist the urge to sit nearer to him. Too bad he was taking up the entire chaise lounge all by his lonesome.

And that crime alone wouldn't be so bad except he was teasing her yet again. Elusice? Her? Well maybe he thought so but she did not see herself being secretive at all. It was almost Her eyes danced in amusement. "I thought my intentions toward you were quite clear."
Veyani could reiterate what she'd already told him but by now he should know.

What he said next, despite criticizing him before hearing him speak on the matter, she decided she would just give Kaisoth some much needed attention and his rider a break. She could certainly oil a dragon, now that she knew how. Wouldn't that be a great way to help N'kai out too? He was going to be super busy until the masquerade.

Distraction took over again and she flitted back to the topic at hand. "I should hope so. No one would want you here against your will." Smiling she thought, he should have known she wouldn't leave the topic where it was now. At first she thought to ask him how that went but he was here now wasn't he? So how he got here mattered less than why. "Why did you choose to come to the Weyr?"

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:52 am

Really, there wasn't any reason to keep it from her, but it was more fun to tease her and make her guess. By not answering her question, her adventurous mind would probably start making up all kinds of crazy stories to fill in the unknown truth of things. And whatever story she made up about him was probably more exciting than what really happened, so he was alright with seeing what she came up with. If she was very creative, it might be interesting, but if she wasn't... well, he was going to be disappointed.

Anyway, women tended to like mysterious men, didn't they? At least that's what he'd always heard -though he never considered himself very mysterious. Keeping her guessing though, should suffice though. "You already know too many of my secrets; I don't know if I like the thought of giving more of them away."

S'jiro cast Veyani a bit of a sly side-glance then, wondering how seriously she'd take his comments, being that he'd kept his expression pretty even. "There are some things probably better off left in the dark, anyway." He could have been teasing, or he could have been completely serious.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 Veyani3_zpsb0d591be

"I see." She said and got out of the chair she had been sitting in. "Well maybe you'll tell me another time. When you feel open to sharing." Veyani admittedly, didn't think he wanted to share it because it might make him look bad or something. He was so concerned about his reputation of rude Bronzerider.

"I suppose you think you can keep me in the dark. I'll find out eventually. Even if you don't tell me." And she was almost ninety percent sure he wouldn't. Tsuki was more conversational, she would be able to get some of it out of her and use that information to glean the rest from him. But she had wanted to know why he came to the weyr when he had everything he could want where he was already. Why come to the weyr only to act like he was the wealthy holder's son all over again?

"I'd keep secrets from you but I've never been good at hiding my thoughts from you." In fact it was a little unfair. He could ask her anything and she would tell him. She had the courage to tell him how she felt before he said anything to her. She was honest and brave and completely incapable of holding her tongue.

Since didn't want to talk about any of his really personal decisions she went back to the conversation about traveling. "Have you ever been to the ocean?" Its not that he couldn't go if he wanted, obviously he could but he might never have thought to go. Or maybe he had and could tell her about it. She waited for the answer as she walked around the room, unable to sit still at the moment. Not because he wasn't an interesting person to talk to but because she had trouble being in close proximity to him. It was making her wish more and more they could be in closer proximity. So she was giving herself some space and pretended to be examining what he had in his weyr more thoroughly than before.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Well Veyani wasn't being very fun. S'jiro was hoping she'd put up an argument to get him to talk. It wasn't enough of a disappointment though to collect in his expression.

When Veyani got up from her seat to walk about the weyr, he wondered if she was getting bored or would rather leave. "Well, it's not my fault you have trouble keeping secrets." He teased her again. Though honestly, he did like her for that inescapable, open Honesty.

"I have been to the ocean a couple of times, when I was still living at the Hold. My father took me to Fort Sea Hold. The first time, I was too young to remember. The second, when I was older, but because he was there for other purposes, there wasn't time for much enjoyment."

Eyes following her a moment longer, he asked in turn, "The cothold you were born to, was it far from the ocean?" Likely, far from anything but grass and trees, he thought wryly.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 pm

She turned to smile at him, his attempts to rile her were not working, yet. "What fun would that be anyway? Its better to tell people what you are thinking, then they don't have to guess. Besides honesty is supposedly the best policy."

"If I kept secrets like you did, we wouldn't be here right now." She made a point, because she could. If he were open and honest with people maybe they would be open in return. Not that she wanted to change him really because although his secrets did keep her from knowing what she wanted to know, they also kept her wondering. He had intrigued her for some time and she still wasn't sure she knew how his mind worked.

"We never traveled farther than the nearest market. It was plains and beasts and farms as far as the eye could see."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:00 pm

To be honest, the two of them didn't really know eachother all that well yet. They'd hardly been in eachother's company but to irritate one another constantly. Maybe they wouldn't be together if she hadn't opened her too-honest mouth to begin with, but at the same time, it was a pure stroke of luck they were together at all, given what they'd been through together -and S'jiro's marital situation. [Veyani's a homewrecker!! >< ;P just kidding.]

Ah yes, endless farmland -probably not that much different than what surrounded the outer walls of the hold he grew up in. At least, that's how he was sort of imagining it all.

Well... the Bronzerider was at a loss to really know where to take the conversation next. She'd already told him how much fun she'd had on the farm growing up. Though, she hadn't told him what it was like going to the parties that the beastcrafters and farmcrafters hosted amoungst themselves. He thought that such events were probably quite different from a large Hold Gather. And if that was the case, he should take her to the Hold one day.

"The small gathers that the cotholds hosted amoungst themselves, what were they like? Much different from the Gather Festivals at the larger Holds?" He didn't think that Master Crafters or Holders or a lot of performing Harpers probably attended such distant, far removed events. Surely it was quite an intimate setting in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:18 pm

((she doesn't care.))

Veyani wondered if this was a way to make her feel inferior. Bringing up the difference between her small cothold upbringing and his big wealthy Hold upbringing. "I've never been to a Gather." She said with one of her shrugs and came back to sit down on the end of chaise lounge, sort of gently nudging his feet over so she could sit there.

"Once you've been to one, its the same every single time." She sighed "the neighboring cotholds get together. We eat, we dance, we play the same songs, make the same food with the same people. I guess it would have been better if I didn't think so much."

And he would now make the assumption that farmers were dull and stupid. Hmm, well that wasn't entirely so. "The thing is though it wasn't so bad. We had time off from working and we got to see people other than our family, if only for a few candlemarks. Mother had us dress in nicer clothes. Our hair was all braided. My brothers would dance with us and some of the other girls. The neighboring boys weren't so bad. Although they were all built a bit broader in the shoulders than you are. Maybe not as handsome..." Certainly not to her but perhaps to others.

"I think I had more of an issue with the purpose. I went to relax and have fun but it was really a looking for a life partner party every turn. When we girls got older it was the time to learn to flirt and find out what boys we liked. I never really was interested. I sort of hung back and kept to myself and when people did engage me in conversation I think I sort of came on too strong for them. I don't know but people tended to consider me a bit off." And that meant a shortage of non-relative dance partners and people laughing when she went by.

"I don't mind being different but it can make life a bit inconvenient."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:26 pm

The ONE time he wasn't trying to belittle her, and Veyani thought the worst of him. Though, she was probably right to expect it. At least he was doing a good job of keeping her on her toes.

After that, S'jiro had a hard time not grinning a little stupidly, as she went on about their parties. It sounded pretty normal to him, just a different setting, so maybe she was right, and they were really all the same, as Gathers went. It was likely that there was even politics involved on a whole different level, at the gathers in the countryside, amoungst themselves. It would be interesting to see it all. S'jiro was becoming very curious about her life as it had been before she came to the Weyr.

Well... he knew what it'd been like shortly after she arrived... He had his own special part to play in that.

"It'll be exciting for you then, when the Masquerade comes around. Harvest Gather is always a glorious event. Biggest feast of the turn, in Fort. It'd be nice to take you to visit back at the Hold, too. I'm really interested in going to see your farm, too." Believe it or not, he was being truthful. He was probably more excited about that, experiencing something new, because it involved her, than taking her to meet his family.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:52 pm

"What are Gathers like?" She wondered and in the same moment wondered whether he was going to have to bring Indylari for appearances sake. That would be awful. She might not want to stay long if he was going to be with those awful fake girls again. They could fawn all over him and he would allow them to but she didn't have to watch it happen. Hopefully though before the Masquerade he would have everything settled with his fiance and he would be able to attend with her.

At first she was more shocked that he would bring her with him to "the" hold as he put it. S'jiro was perfectly serious and being honest with her. And to say he wanted to see where she lived, well she figured he would get curious. He would see where she was from when they were together longer. It really would be too much to introduce him to her family now. They would think horrible things about him and about her. Better to wait a while.

"You're serious? You aren't just trying to tease me..." She said look across the lounge chair at him. Her brown eyes were wide with curiosity. "I've never been to a large Hold before, not anything near as large as Fort Hold. The Weyr might be bigger but Holds are different. Everyone will know I'm not ... like you. Are you sure you want to bring me?" She could handle any amount of teasing even bullying but S'jiro had never been treated like he was a lesser person. He would not know how to react to those situations from elitists like his family was certain to be. And she was going to have to meet them someday if they were going to continue on.

For now though it was probably best if she didn't try to get in touch with his family or hers. "I'm not sure you'll like the farm much but it is different. Perhaps you'll find it interesting since you haven't really ever been on a farm. Although as I've said before, we'll need to wait a while. Otherwise my father won't be very receptive to your arrival, with his daughter, only recently run off to the Weyr..."

She grinned, "But my sisters will all completely understand. They will probably make eyes at you the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)   An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

An Elite Intervention (Tags: Z'rim & S'jiro)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next