Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  Empty
PostSubject: Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath    Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  I_icon32Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 pm

OOC Info:
Moniker:
How did you find out about us?:

Character Info:
Name: Veyani  "Veya"

Pronunciation: VEY-ah-nee

Title: Weyrling

Honorific: N/A

Age & Turn of Birth: 16, Turn b. 485

Place of Birth: Keroon Hold

Current Place of Residence: Igen Weyr

Rank/Occupation/Role Desired: Candidate

Character Aspirations:

• To become a dragonrider.
  • To overcome her fears of living in such a big place.
  • Make a new family for herself at the Weyr among her friends.

OOC Character Development Goals: She is from the open space and rural community of a farming cothold and coming to the Weyr is going to take a lot of getting used to. She is going to have trouble with the closed in spaces, the sheer number of people in one places and all the new noises and dealing with rank hierarchies. Some people are probably going to give her a hard time. She might at some point think about leaving the Weyr, before Impressing. Some plotting going on between her and S'jiro too.

Family:
Father: Mairke, 47, farmer
Mother: Rynja, 46, farmer
Siblings:
Eaden, m. 28, farmer
Darbry f, 27 farmer
Regeo m, 26 farmer
Hesperia,  f, 24 farmer
Anantra f, 23 farmer
Sheerahn m, 21 farmer
Jayna f, 18  - Candidate for Igen Weyr
Mikrean m, 17- Candidate for Igen Weyr
Devrie m, 14 farmer
Amirast m, 12 farmer
Meledi f, 10
Keloria f, 8

Children: n/a
Other Significant: n/a

Appearance:
The dainty looking young woman is pale, somewhat above average in height and looks like the wind blew her in. She walks with a lilt as if just walking is fun. She tends to wear a mischievous smirk on her lips and a glint in her eyes says she is up to no good.

Face: Mia Wasikowski
Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  Veyani_zps9effd722
Hair: Dirty blond and thin, her hair falls just past her mid back.
Eyes: Dark brown, somewhat round, long light blonde lashes. Eyebrows are lighter than he rhair and hard to make out sometimes against her pale skin.
Height: 5'9"
Build: She is thin but not from lack of eating. To see her you'd think a strong wind might be able to blow her over but she is stronger than she appears to be. However she has little to no curves to speak of.
Other Notable Physical Traits: She has a mole above her lip on the left side of her face. Mischievous smirk.
Style of Dress: coarse old hand me downs, usually with patches sewn in. She tends to wear her brothers pants and loose blouses because she doesn't like to wear dresses.
Possessions usually found on persona: None yet

✣✣✣

History:

The family grows various vegetables including but not limited to grains, red fruit trees, tubers, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, lettuces and cucumbers. They do not keep livestock except for the large draft runners used for plowing fields and hauling the cart to the main Hold for Market.

Veyani has lived a fairly normal, rural farm life in her family's cothold. She has not had much contact with people from outside her cothold other than a passing trader or journeyman. Her family has become pretty close knit and she is used to having people who love and care for her around. She is not one of the youngest or one of the oldest children in the family so her early childhood she was under the skirts of her older sisters and as she got older she began to do a lot of farm chores. As her siblings grew older some married and moved away but not too far. She might not see them every day but they saw each other often enough.

Although farm life should have taught her responsibility, Veyani learned how to pawn her work off on her younger siblings in return for favors. She also found that it was easy to lose track of time out in the fields all day. She was often late for dinner and even punished for lateness. No matter what her parents tried it was impossible to keep the young girl on a schedule.

Veyani didn't pay much attention to the politics of the world and actually even though it affected her, she didn't really care. Even when the increasing of Tithes meant her family kept less food, she didn't see a direct effect on herself. For one thing, they always had a surplus. For another it was their duty to give to the Weyrs when needed. The increase was manageable and none of them would go starving. Her pa might make a few less extra marks come market time but even then, they had always done well enough even in slimmer Turns to have a little money put by. Then her parents were practical people and knew how to scrimp and save and work hard for everything they had. They might be a little unhappy about the increase but as it wasn't going to break them they didn't seem too concerned.

Searched from her family's farm along with two of her siblings. The increased Searches seem to mean the riders are less picky who they bring to the Weyr. Veya's parents believe the children were Searched because of attraction level and not because they will be dragonriders. They also don't like the fact that three of their "workers" will be taken to the Weyr instead of being around to help the farm.

Its a bit of a tricky situation getting out of the house to go to the Weyr, so she and her two Searched siblings leave without permission.  

Personality:
(Dancing through Life, Wicked)

• Dreamer-"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one..." She thinks the world could be a better place and sees the idealistic view of the world she wants to see without really thinking through any of it.
  • Free spirited- She doesn't need approval from her peers to be who she is. Veya does what she wants when she wants without judgement. People who judge her find she doesn't really care. She only cares about what she thinks of herself. She is free to do as she pleases.
  • ADD She gets distracted easily. Even sometimes it isn't necessarily that she is distracted but she gets so far ahead of the conversation that she seems to be coming from nowhere but has in fact linked what was just said to what she says next, though it won't appear that way to other people.
  • Whimsical/ Capricious She is unpredictable and acts according to her own whims. These tend to be erratic and strange to other people seeming to come out of nowhere.
  • Humble Veya doesn't see herself as anything great. She can be quite humble though she might appear to be someone who wouldn't be. She is a gracious person most of the time.
  • Good-nature You'll never meet anyone who is kinder or who has more love for other people than she does. She is never down and is always trying to have a good day.
  • Sense of humor Her sense of humor runs along the side of pranking people as well as joking around. She has a great sense of humor and doesn't mind if some of her own pranks come  back to bite her. Its all in good fun after all.
  • Honest - She can't lie. She has tried. She ends up blushing profusely and mumbling. Far better to tell the truth. Even if the truth is somewhat blunt and a bit too much for some people to handle.
  • Compassionate She does care about people and animals in a very deep way. She might not be the type to cry all the time but that doesn't make her feelings any less strong.

Shortcomings:

• Illiterate - She cannot read or write though they will teach her some at the weyr she will never be as good at it as people who learned as children.
  • Easily distracted - She has a hard time sitting through lectures but hands on training is better for her as she is less distracted. During long winded talks she has a tendency to zone out as well.
  • Childish - She comes off as childish because she does act on whims and doesn't shoulder much responsibility for her actions.
  • No little voice of reason...

Mannerisms or Habits:
Hair twirling
walking into the room as if there wasn't anything going on before she got there, she seems to be great at interrupting important things.
Sighing dreamily while staring off into space

Skills/Likes:
[Spontaneity]: Doing things spur of the moment leaves room for the freedom to do whatever she wants. She enjoys the excitement of not knowing what will be next.
[Learning new things]: One of the great things about life is that you are never done learning. She likes learning new things and generally picks up on them with ease because she is so accepting of learning from other people.
[Friendships]: The more the merrier. While she would like to have a ton of friends, the fact of the matter is, she can come off as a bit...strange.. so she doesn't have a ton of friendships but those that she does have are strong.
[Adventures]: The sense of discovery she gets from learning new things combined with not knowing what is ahead of her, is one of the best feelings to her. She loves a good adventure and she never backs down from something just because it might be dangerous.

Dislikes:
[Planning]:It requires forethought and its also kind of restricting. She doesn't like feeling her time is regimented in such a way that she can't do something else if the mood strikes her.
[Snobs/Elitists]: Who made them so much better than everyone else? She doesn't care if someone's parent is a Lord Holder, it doesn't give them the right to treat other people like dirt under their feet.
[Boredom]: Veyani prefers to have herself doing things than to be bored. Boredom is what gets her into the most trouble.
[Bullies]:Picking on people weaker than you isn't nice.

Fighting Style/Weapon of Choice:She has never needed to fight for any reason. In fact she isn't too fond of the idea of fighting in general. (peace and love, babe)

I have a dream, a song to sing, to help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels, something good in everything I see
I believe in angels, when I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

:: Dragon Information ::

Dragon Name:
Sonadorath
(sonadora is Spanish for 'dreamer')

Turn of Impression:
Turn 502 (Autumn)

Clutch Name:
Poetry of the Air

Weyr of Impression:

Fort Weyr

Wing Name:
Lyrical Wing

Colouring:
Spring-grass green.

Size:
Length: 23.6 meters
Height: 29.5 hh

Other Physical Characteristics:

Personality Traits:

Sonadorath is a dreamer, and clearly wants to explore from the moment she hatches.  She is be eager to find her place in the world, and is always looking for fun and new adventures.  She believes there is good in everything and everyone, no matter how they behave or seem to be proving otherwise.  As if nothing can ever go wrong, this particular green trills and hums more often than most other dragons.

Her mind voice suggests high, clear singing.  She enjoys music and can often be found listening to the harpers when they are playing-- she might even sneak off as a dragonet to listen to them (or perhaps 'sneak' is too strong a word for such a pure heart.)  She can't help herself, though, drawn as she is to the tales of dragons and far off places she has yet to see.

Voice: Amanda Seyfried

Last edited by Caoimhe on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath    Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  I_icon32Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:04 pm

ready for critique
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath    Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  I_icon32Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Mmmm.. /ponder ponder. I would kinna like to see a little more on history for her here. Mostly like.. maybe more on the type of farming they were involved in? Were increasing Tithes effecting them? What did they think about the decision of the holds and weyrs to make Keroon responsible for a second weyr?

Dunno, just trying to think of a few things that might help shape her up more specifically previous to her being searched.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath    Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath  I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Weyrling Veyani of Green Sonadorath
Page 1 of 1