Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat May 03, 2014 2:42 pm

"I won't be looking for her. Not until all this is over." The voice he spoke in was firm, as though he'd already decided. "The closer she becomes to me now, the more danger she will be put in. So, the best thing I can do is to wait."

Yeoun also wanted to add that it would only be a distraction having to protect a sister at the same time he was carrying out the other tasks necessary to achieve his ends. Not to mention, under these circumstances he was in currently to try to devote himself to cultivating that neglected relationship? He hated to think that way. But still,... if his sister was alive, and had been living without him for all this time, then she could wait a while longer. Vice versa for him. It was just better that way.

"As far as I know, the Blood Moon Squad were all orphans from the time of the Rebellion. There are only boys. And most of us are old enough now to be given missions, and can be sent to pass the Guard Exams; though, there are still a few who are younger and have not yet reached that point.

"Many of us start training turns before most children ever hope to start an apprenticeship. However, just being brought to the camp for training doesn't mean you'll make it. Throughout the initial training, there's a culling process; because they wanted the Blood Moon Squad to be comprised of only Telgar's best guardsmen -raised to fight against forces like the Chorong. So, within the first month, if a boy couldn't prove himself strong enough,..."

Growing quiet again for just a moment, Yeoun went on to finish, "They made it clear to every one of us that we had to survive -even at that age. It seems a little brutal to me now, thinking back on it, but there were some who were allowed to perish in that first month, either drown or injured beyond mend. And in the culling process, we weren't allowed to help one another. What we accomplished had to be on our own power.

"Even as we surpassed that point though, some kind of danger was always there. Perhaps just to remind us of our mortality, seemingly at random, another life would be taken. A training exercise gone wrong, even what I suspected was murder. Sometimes there were quite serious power struggles amoungst the teams we were split into. I have no doubt that the Captain simply hid the truth of it in order to keep from losing skilled students -who were only doing what they'd been trained to do."

Stifling any more words, Yeoun realized he'd been rambling a bit uncharacteristically. Because of it, the young man seemed to flush, becoming a little flustered at himself. Then again, it wasn't often he ever spoke of his past, either; at least not outside of the Blood Moon boys.But then again, they all knew eachother like brothers.

Anyway, it was kind of cute seeing him able to relax a little. He wasn't nearly as up tight out here on the open road as he felt when he was at the Hold. He'd been raised in the wilds in any case. It should make him feel a little more at ease, in that light.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed May 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Indeed, it was far safer for any sister he might have to not get involved. Although knowing her father, the man had probably already searched for the girl and come up empty handed. Wherever Yeoun's sister was, she was well hidden from the Rebels and it was probably better not to go looking for her at all. She was likely to have been raised not knowing about any of this and if Yeoun showed up out of the blue and said he was some kind of anarchist, she would most likely not believe he was related.

Sorcha might suggest he not search for her at all ever. Or at least never interact with her. It might be better just to know she was safe and leave her be. The world they were caught up in, was not the world of most normal Pernese.

As he described the difficulties in making it through training, she might have felt some empathy for them but they were being trained to be soldiers and they had no where else to go. If her brothers had been mistaken for orphans they might have been rounded up before they could come collect her. She mused over that a moment. She didn't even know if his squad member was related. For now she would simply store away the knowledge till she needed it again.

"After the Rebellion they wanted to make the perfect little soldiers." She said simply. Yes, well it made sense at any rate. They talked, on and off throughout the rest of the trek.

When they arrived at a certain post, they were asked to dismount and were led to the Lord General immediately thereafter.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeoun didn't say much more on it. There were many reasons that the Lords of Telgar could have wanted the Blood Moon Squad to be perfect -and perfectly secret. All he knew for sure, was that he'd been one of the many orpha boys swept into it. And since Sorcha didn't express much further interest in the prospect of Kevarre and she being related, Yeoun didn't say any more on that either. It was possible that he was completely wrong on the matter and it was all silly coincidence that he found any similarity between them at all.

Leaving their mounts with the guards at the post outside of the Chorong's headquarters, Yeoun and Sorcha were both led by well armed men into the main and center-most building in the area. 

The headquarters was well hidden within the deep forests of Telgar, and conveniently located near one of Telgar's largest rivers which, well down stream, led into Big Bay. The river was used for trade via cargo boats and ferries, but this time of the turn, the traffic of trade everywhere was slowing down. Everyone was getting ready to hunker down for the winter, making their preparations. No matter what time of turn it was however, the headquarters was concealed well enough, on the back side of a rocky hill face, in a valley of sorts. 

That central building which housed Sorcha's father, and became the meeting place for any important officers within the Chorong ranks. It also became a prison for some. And for others, even a place of death. It was true that there was some rumour that those who entered the headquarters of the Chorong Rebels would never leave it alive. 

Of course, many people had also rebuilt their lives there, though all of them at the Headquarters for the most part, were Combat Agents of some sort -or had been in the past. Even if the Telgar Guard tried to invade the area, and caught them unprepared, it was unlikely the Guard would win without a lengthy and bloody fight. The men located here, in the surrounding bunk houses and crafter's lodges, were no amateurs in combat.

Even without the strength of the force of the men surrounding him to protect he or this place, the Lord General Galedon himself, was a force to be reckoned with. Galedon had earned a great reputation in the Guard amoungst his peers and likely currently stood as the Rebel's most skilled warrior. He was a man that Yeoun would have to surpass to become the Chorong's leader; because the Chorong did not simply let someone lead them. Even though they were well organized, and descended from a defected division of the Guard, there was one thing that differentiated them: They had become more mercenary. But only in the aspect that their loyalty would only be to someone who was strong enough to exert his rule over them.

Led into that main building, they came to find a relatively dark and dusky interior to the meeting hall, lit only by faint streams of sunlight and a few candles lit in distant corners of the room. And there, on a step that led up to an altar of sorts, a central display that held the sword of Chorong himself, was the Lord General Galedon. 

As they came into the center of the hall, and were presented by the guardsmen before the Lord General, Yeoun went to one knee, bowing himself before the one Lord that he had sworn himself to. Yeoun's head and eyes bowed respectfully to green him, "Lord General."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 44ec5864-1264-46f3-80d1-dec4bbe88a22_zps4c95f0b5

The Lord General had heard that Yeoun and Sorcha would be coming. He had been waiting ever so patiently till they arrived. He had things to discuss with them both. More importantly he wanted to get them both on track for success within the Rebel compound. It would be a while before he would allow his daughter to go back to her "home".

Sitting in a high backed chair in front of the long table, he waited for both youths to approach. He wasn't a man who cared much for formalities. What he cared about were actions. Still, he responded politely to Yeoun's respectful greeting. Sorcha stood back, in the shadowy corner. He understood her need to blend into her surroundings when she could.

"Good to see you, Yeoun. I take it this means you are ready?"

Galedon had no intention of diminishing Yeoun's presence but soon his gaze fell on the young woman he called his daughter.

"Before we get into that." He stopped Yeoun from answering. He was staring at Sorcha. "Is it true?" He asked Sorcha directly, something akin to excitement in his gray eyes.

"Yes. Ermon is dead."

"By your hand?"

"Yes."

"Do you know they have Captain Toshiro in custody for your crime?" He asked, looking beyond pleased. "He would have been a difficult foe to defeat, but seeing as he is going down for the murder of the Lord Holder's son...well...he won't be interfering with our missions." He put a strong hand on his daughter's slight shoulder. "Well done."

Sorcha, for her own part, wasn't really all that comfortable discussing it. "Murder is easily arranged, but I suppose framing a Captain of the Guard would be considered much more difficult." Even if that had never been the plan, that was how it worked out and she was going to take credit for it. These kinds of things won her favor with her father and also proved her worth to the other Chorong Rebels. She was not just a pretty face, she was working the same as them.

Turning back to Yeoun, his expression serious again, "Now answer, are you ready then?"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 am

Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 241f30d0-15f4-4868-b96f-f36f7d7059e3_zpsd52f5173

Yeoun

That was right. For the Chorong, it was an advantageous and even ironic thing for a Captain like Toshiro to have been arrested for the murder of one of the Lord Holder's sons. Anything to keep them from finding the true cause right away. Or ever. 

Even though by that point, Galedon had turned his focus and question on Yeoun again, the young man did not respond quite right away. Though his eyes were trained straight ahead, it was obviously, through their expression that he was thinking.

"My Lord General, I am ready. Though,... even with all of my additional training, I'm not sure that, if faced with Captain Toshiro again, I would be able to beat him. Not yet. During the Guard Field Exams, I learned just how skillful he is...

"As long as he is under suspicion though, for Ermon's murder, we should keep him there." Pausing for a moment, Yeoun went on with every thought for his still somewhat low position in the ranks of the rebels. "With your permission, I would request that we quickly spread additional rumours or plant other incriminating evidence for the Guard to find, which would put Captain Toshiro under even greater suspicion. Even in the eyes of those who trust him."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Galedon carefully watched Yeoun’s expression. “I was not suggesting you fight Captain Toshiro.”He tried to hold back the amusement in his eyes and the upturn of his lips as he started to smile. He did not think any man here at camp could defeat the Captain, not even himself.

He went on coolly, “We can plant what evidence is needed to further indicate the Captain as we do not want Sorcha in any way implicated.” He would not be leaving this task to either of them. It made more sense to use the shadowless people he had spread throughout the Hold to start rumors at places that were frequented at night, bars and brothels.

Now as for the planting of the evidence, that would take someone with knowledge of Guard procedure. There were plenty of men around who had been guardsmen before they became Chorong. He could easily send one of them to meet with a spy nearer the Fight Club.

“I admire your fervor.” He said, looking down at the young man. “Captain Toshiro may not be guilty of this murder in particular but one must take into consideration just how many men and women have lost their lives to his blade.” It was unclear to him why the Captain had any favor at all in Telgar Hold. It was also unclear to him why someone of his nature did not join the Chorong.

Galedon had to weigh the risk between alliance with the man and having him killed by the people he was most loyal to. It was safer for them not to trust him. Safer for the Chorong if he died accused of the murder of Ermon, and also for his daughter, so he might after all seem to be the good father. He wasn’t sure why he should feel anything for the young woman but she insisted on coming back and acting like a loving daughter.

If he had to have a daughter at least he had one who knew how to serve a purpose. More importantly she knew how to serve his purpose.

“Sorcha, why don’t you get settled in while Yeoun and I talk a little more.”

Sorcha grimaced for just a moment as they spoke about Captain Toshiro. Men like him were deadly and they were also admirable. What about all the men she had killed? Would someone one day look at her the same way? She could hope that would not be the case.

“Alright. I’ll catch up with you both later.” She left, her footfalls quiet enough that one would not be able to tell she had left simply by listening for her.

Galedon’s attention now fully on Yeoun. “First thing we need to do, is get you acquainted with the area, which people are among our top here and who will be reporting directly to you and I until you are ready to lead them.” The grand tour, as it were. He did not suppose that they could skip the boring stuff and head right into training the young man in their ways. It all took time. Patience, he repeated to himself for the millionth time since taking over the Chorong. Patience, was the only way to win.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeoun was still relaxed in his kneel before Galedon, never lifting his head any further, or turning his eyes to follow Sorcha out. He simply waited until Galedon cued him.

The young man's eyes did come up to meet that of his Lord General's as Galedon spoke to him of his plans for the time that Yeoun was at the Headquarters. Honestly, Yeoun didn't quite know what to expect, nor did he know just how long Galedon had planned on allowing it to seem like Yeoun was still an active part of the Hold Guard or the Blood Moon Squad -though in all truth, Yeoun's heart would always be a part of that group in which he'd grown up. Still, as things stood now, his time and service would be monopolized primarily by the Blood Moon Squad and their duty to the Hold Guard, until something happened to separate him from it.

Maybe that something was what Sorcha had mentioned... some act to prove himself to the Chorong?

Whatever should happen next, at least he was glad that for now, Galedon was going to be making rounds of introductions. Yeoun would need to ensure that everyone in the Chorong knew his name, and that those in the Chorong who stood in some position of influence became familiar with his face. Because one day, he might very well be faced with challenging whatever authority they thought that they had within the rebel's ranks.

“First thing we need to do, is get you acquainted with the area, which people are among our top here and who will be reporting directly to you and I until you are ready to lead them.”

"I look forward to it."

Those words were simply a way of expressing that he acknowledged the Lord General's wishes. For now, though,there was nothing else he really felt needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)   Yeoun - Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Gray Moods (Yeoun & Nayh)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2