Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Well now, S'jiro and Veyani were in the same boat. Both of them not making much sense, and both of them about to hit the ground. With Veyani spinning toward him, it took him only a split second to realize that the girl was off balance and falling backward; only, with his forward momentum and her close proximity, their feet ended up in a tangle. The Bronzerider already had a hold on her hand as he'd reached for the cards, so as she started to topple over backward, he reacted with surprised expression.

Surprised as he was to feel her falling, doing his best to maintain his own footing, S'jiro's instant reaction could only be genuine -there was no time to think of doing anything dishonest. So it was then, with such intent, that he held tight to her hand and threw his other arm around her as he pulled Veyani in to his chest. He could feel her hand tighten on him, searching for some stability... and momentarily they had found it, the Bronzerider barely balancing them in time. But that footing was precarious and just as quickly as he'd caught Veyani in his arms, he fell over with her.

S'jiro was still holding tightly to her, having at least had the sense about him enough to go with the flow of the fall and roll into it as best he could so that he went down on his shoulder, tucking Veyani against his chest as he rolled with the motion, where she could come out somewhat on top. When gravity had played its part, S'jiro was looking up at her with a hint of worry, his hold on her having not yet loosened. When events played through his mind again to assure him that she should not have been physically injured by the fall, the Bronzerider seemed to remember their quarrel, frowning again. "Clutz." But even as he said it, he could feel some opposite emotion roused in him, given their proximity. He had a keen memory of what tended to happen when they were close like this... S'jiro gulped, feeling himself begin to smoulder beneath her.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Sh’nar watched the whole scene unfolding, maybe it would be better if he didn’t watch. Seeing them fall was strange because it looked completely natural for the two of them to be tangled up. It was a pity her family weren’t well off. S’jiro needed his parents to give him money to afford his lifestyle and if S’jiro wanted to be with someone they didn’t approve of, he could pretty much write himself off in that regard. There was no doubt in his mind that the two people now on the floor together were attracted to one another, might even find one another interesting but he had to stop it for S’jiro’s sake. And unfortunately it might mean getting people involved that he hoped never to have to report on S’jiro to. He had promised to look out for the other man and he was doing so.
----

Veyani didn’t breath for a moment as she thought maybe for just a split second he would allow her to fall. How angry was he? She wondered but was answered in a moment by the strength of his arms coming to save her. Thank Faranth. Her body couldn’t take much more of this abuse. Just as she thought they were safe, she realized he hadn’t been as firmly planted to the ground as she thought, the momentum from both of them moving had sent them both to the ground, though S’jiro did everything he could to protect her fall. Her eyes were closed and she was clinging to him like he was the only thing that could save her from a most terrible fate.

Having ended up on top, she didn’t loosen her grip on him at all, her eyes opened slowly. There was more concern in her eyes than anything. Had he been injured? She was always so worried about him when he fell. Maybe because it seemed that he was so strong he shouldn’t fall often. The word strong reminded her of his arms wrapped around her protectively and she brightened, just a little.

He didn’t know how to ask if she was okay, did he? She thought, as he made a remark about her clumsiness. “I only fall around you.” And that could perhaps be taken more than one way. He would take it whatever way he thought was more damaging to her and she would pretend nothing he said could hurt her. As usual, she couldn’t help herself when she was around him. Whenever he was this close she could hear her own heartbeat grow faster. Surely she gave herself away just looking at him now. All thoughts that there were cards somewhere and other people in the room had left her.

She could have thanked him, she supposed, for saving her fall. Instead though, she allowed herself to move so that she could do something completely crazy. For a person with limited inhibitions and an already blasé attitude toward consequences, it wasn’t much of a stretch for anyone to believe she would do this. Her lips met his, softly. And though she didn’t expect him to reciprocate, she felt so much the better for having done it.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Z'rim was on his feet, alarmed by the fall that took both of them down. His eyes grew even more wide, and his jaw dropped involuntarily as he witnessed what happened next!

Unable to stop it from happening -and completely unsuspecting- S'jiro was hardly able to resist when Veyani's lips met his. Briefly returning the kiss, the Bronzerider could only hear or feel his heart pound in his chest, the wave of desire through his body creating an overwhelming draw toward her. Remembering the company they were in though, it was with a desperate gasp that he pushed Veyani away from him, releasing her from his hold.

Removing her from his lap, S'jiro sat up on his hands and then quickly returned to his feet. Without helping her up, he was moving briskly back to the table where his wine glass stood, not quite empty. Taking it up, he drank the last of it and then took the bottle to pour himself some more; only, the Bronzerider was so flustered right then that he could hardly see straight enough to do so. But maybe flustered wasn't the best way to put it.

The Bronzerider seemed to be growing redder in the face, growing angry, even as he tried to refill his glass. Landing the bottle back on the table solidly, he could feel the room growing silent around him. He felt as though all eyes were on him, whether they were or not. Suspecting and prying eyes that had seen him screw up. S'jiro was very aware of that, whether it was just his imagination or not.

The frustration that had begun to boil there came out as he swept a hand across the table, sending his glass on a trajectory over the edge of the table, where it tipped as its one leg went out from under it, meeting the lip of the table, cracking, before it completed its fall and shattered. S'jiro picked the wine bottle back up and took a swig, not really sure what he would do next. He hadn't been this angry in as long as he could remember. Even the Bronzerider four rarely saw him like this. He didn't react like this. This was not usual behaviour. Veyani was driving him crazy!

S'jiro took the still half-full wine bottle with him as he turned just ask brisk as before, and started to walk from the room. "I have things to do."

Unwilling to stop if anyone called after him, they'd have to follow him if they wanted to pursue him. As he left the room, he took another couple of long drinks of the wine he brought with him. At first he thought to return to his weyr, but on second thought, he decided to pay Indylari a visit. But he'd finish the wine first -on his way.

So, the Bronzerider set off with a new purpose, determined to meet with his fiance.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:59 pm

With S'jiro one never knew what to expect. When he kissed her in return, she of course wanted more. However he abruptly pulled away and looked at her as if she were the most horrible person to ever kiss. And this all shouldn't surprise her really but it was nice while it lasted. Maybe he would figure it out someday. She sighed, love had nothing to do with status nor did it care one whit about what the mind wanted, following one's heart was a completely different thing than what he had ever done.

Whereas she acted on her feelings when she felt them, without fear of what might happen. She kissed him, knowing full well something negative could happen but she had done it anyway. And now he was acting completely strange. She'd never seen him acting like this. After having been practically shoved off of him, she sat there, not moving, allowing him space as he seemed to need it from her.

Tsuki might be right but Veyani didn't think S'jiro was ready for anyone like her just yet. And Veya really needed to focus on Impressing and having a dragon. She needed to put him out of her mind. Somehow she needed a distraction from whatever feelings she was beginning to have. If she thought about them too much it would be either painful or simply overly distracting. She had other things to do with her time, which did not include pining over a man who was not willing to admit he might feel something for someone who he thought was beneath him. (Veya would not ever admit to any such status herself)

---

Sh'nar was simply aghast. What the shells was wrong with S'jiro? He was lovingly displaying affection for his fiance one moment and then not an hour later he was fighting with and then kissing hte farm girl. He could see S'jiro's anger but he wasn't quite sure where it was directed. If Cymrioth had not been asleep he would ask him to inquire after S'jiro via his Bronze.

He didn't say anything as S'jiro continued to make a spectacle of himself. When S'jiro left though, he thought it best not to follow and practically forbade anyone else from following, especially Veyani eventhough now she was standing and looking a little bewildered but behind the confusion there was concern.

"Shouldn't one of you speak with him? He's your friend."

Sh'nar shook his head, "Not when he is in this sort of mood. Better to let him think through his emotions."

"I never meant to make him so upset." She said, and to Sh'nar's ears she sounded so much younger suddenly. He had forgotten just how young she was. Only sixteen and there was no way she knew what she was doing to S'jiro but he was going to tell her so that maybe she would leave him alone.

"He has concerns outside of you. I think it would be better if you left him alone." And he was more than concerned for his best friend. He wanted to be sure there was nothing to get in his friend's way of happiness. He figured she was getting in the way. Of course he only assumed that S'jiro lusted for the girl and found it easy to seduce her. She was a pretty little thing even if she was missing a bit of curve. That would come perhaps as she got older and ate more food.

Nodding, "I've been saying the same thing since I met him. I don't know if its possible for me to avoid him without him doing the same. For his sanity, though, I will try Sh'nar." Sh'nar hadn't anticipated the sincerity in her voice. She did care for his friend. She wasn't after his wealth, or status. Sometimes he wondered what he would be like if he cared more about love than wealth and power. Well he certainly wouldn't have a bag full of marks.

"If you care about him at all, I think that would be best." Sh'nar added, trying to make sure the girl understood this was for S'jiro's benefit. "That includes whatever prank war the two of you had been involved in."

"I understand. No involvement at all. I'll try, I said I would and I will."

Sh'nar wasn't convinced but he figured some money might help but when he went to hand her a couple of coins, she made a face that suggested the marks were vile.

"If he pursues me though, I cannot say I won't reciprocate his feelings..." She said softly. It was as much to herself as to Sh'nar. The man thought perhaps she was simply saying it all so he would leave her alone but then he remembered her remark from earlier. She was always honest. He was going to count on that quality.

"If he pursues you, I will be very surprised."

It may have been meant to hurt her but she shrugged it off, like everything else they all said to her. She didn't want to belong or be equals with these people. They were stiff and proprietorial. They cared only for wealth and power and how to mistreat people whom they believed were below their station. And while she did believe that S'jiro felt something for her despite where she came from she didn't need to be the one fighting for him to realize it. He needed to be the one fighting for himself. He had to come to terms with his own idea of happiness and what that might be to him. Whether she was involved or not.

Indylari had gone back to her own rooms and prepared for bed. She was reading some poetry, ignoring how loud the outer hallway had become. The dim light of the glow by her chair made the room seem warm. She wore her night robe over her long cream colored chemise. Her hair was down, although brushed well so that it wouldn't tangle so much when she decided to sleep.

While she had been gone from the group she thought a lot about what she had seen. She wanted to be jealous of Veyani but had found herself more envious of the other woman's spirit than her involvement with S'jiro. She didn't like that the two of them were in the middle of the rumors circulating around the Weyr because it would reflect poorly on her and she didn't want any of it getting back to her parents.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Z'rim was astonished, speechless at his friend's behaviour as S'jiro swept his glass off the table and then stormed from the room. It had been a very long time since he'd seen the other Bronzerider so out of sorts. What was going on with him?

Looking back to where Veyani was getting up from the floor, he would have gone to help her up but for the fact she was already standing. Nemesenth, can you tell me where S'jiro is going? I don't want him to get himself hurt.

After a moment, Z'rim was receiving word back, Zemarith says that he'll make sure nothing happens... and if there is cause for any real worry, he'll let us all know.

Figuring he'd have to be appeased with that as an answer for now; from their conversation, it didn't look like Sh'nar was going to let anyone follow after him. The Bronzerider was looking back through the open doorway again, wondering silently after S'jiro.

As upset as he was, S'jiro was glad that he didn't happen by many people on the way to Indylari's personal quarters. It must have cleared out since dinner was being served in the Weyr Hall soon. He'd finished the wine and left its empty container... well.. he'd dropped it somewhere, and didn't rightly remember at what point he got rid of it. More because he was too focused on other things spinning through his head at the moment, he didn't seem to notice much else. He was still so mad, he could hardly see straight, and was feeling at least a little inebriated by the time he reached his fiance's room. When he got to the door, the Bronzerider knocked with courtesy, hoping that the young woman was alone so that they could talk.

"Indylari. It's me." S'jiro leaned there, against the door frame until his fiance came to the door, feeling as though his body were a little heavier than it really was... or maybe lighter? No, he just felt like his head was spinning. Realizing that his emotions also, were in the midst of a dizzying somersault of confusion, frustration multiplied, and it took all his conscious willpower to not appear as out of sorts as he felt when greeting Indy.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Indylari looked up from her book at the sound of S'jiro's voice. Why on Pern would he be here now? He rarely visited and now suddenly he wanted to spend time with her and had shown up at her door uninvited. Well she sort of had to allow him into her rooms since he was her future husband. Wrapping her robes to it covered her more fully, she tied the thick tie at her slender waist and went to the door. Cracking it open first to be sure it was her fiance, she then opened it all the way, "Please come in, S'jiro."

"Are you alright?" She smelled the alcohol on his breath and wondered what exactly he had come here for. He better not be thinking that anything would happen. If he decided to back out of the marriage at some point she wasn't going to be left without options. She wasn't so much concerned with how he was as that she had to be sure he wasn't too inebriated that he might do something he would regret later on.

She led him into her room farther where there were two comfortable, well made chairs. He must be here for a reason. She simply had to wait to hear what that reason might be.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Entering his fiance's abode, S"jiro said nothing right away. He walked after her, following to where they had sat together before; though it had been a while since he'd been here to visit with her in private. There were typically more suitable places for them to meet, which didn't tend to give the wrong impression to those who didn't know what kind of relationship they really had. But tonight, S'jiro didn't care about all of that.

Grabbing her wrist just as she intended to be seated, the Bronzerider pulled Indylari to him, taking his arm around the small of her waist. He held her there, not realizing that he was probably squeezing her a little too tightly for comfort as he kissed her lips fervidly. When they were both surely struggling for breath, he finally released her from the kiss, through the muddled mess his mind was in, trying to gauge how he felt about kissing her. And he wanted to be able to feel that she reciprocated favourably as well.

On heated breath, in a tone nearly as quiet as a whisper, he vociferated, "Don't be scared. I won't do anything you don't want to do. I just... needed to kiss you. I needed to know... what that's really like." There were more things he felt he had to say just then, but instead, he left those thoughts hanging; and by the upnote of his voice, how his breath trailed off, it was apparent there was more to it than those few words he'd said aloud.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 Indylariheader1_zps37796094

She wasn't expecting him to be so physical. When he grabbed her, she was surprised and even more so when he began to kiss her. Indylari tried to reciprocate as she was sure he wanted. If he was really drunk and didn't want to stop, she could certainly out maneuver him. When he finished, she wanted to say she felt something other than what any girl would feel when kissed. She was supposed to be attracted to him. She was supposed to fall in love with him.

Having been given the chance to catch her breath, she nodded, "Of course." He wanted to know how it felt? How was it supposed to feel? "Is it supposed to feel...a certain way?" She asked because she had no male contact except with him just now. Indylari wanted to know what it was supposed to be like. Did she kiss good enough for him? Was he concerned about how she was going to be physically?

"You've kissed many women. I don't think you came to simply kiss me. S'jiro, what is the matter?" She might not truly have romantic feelings toward him but she had to pretend she did. As long as she was acting she might as well begin her role now. Caring lover and wife in training.

She wasn't sure what she wanted in a man really anyway. Indylari was nineteen and had no idea what she wanted outside of becoming a Queenrider, more for the glamor than the position itself. Indylari liked to be liked by people. She wanted to be the center of attention because she was affluent and beautiful. The majority of her cares and worries were her own, she didn't much care about the suffering of other people.

In this instance though, she had to act like she did care. Something was obviously troubling S'jiro. Hopefully it wasn't about Veyani because she didn't hate the other woman at all. She couldn't even bring herself to care that he was attracted to the blonde girl. She was actually more envious that he had someone he could be with and not worry if they cared more about their wealth and position. The more she thought about it, the more she realized she wasn't jealous of her, she was jealous of him.

He could spend time with other women, seduce them and act the part of a typical dragonrider while she still had to live the life of a Holdbred woman. So really, what could be bothering him. She never said he had to stop having his dalliances. It kept him satisfied without visiting her bed.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Without really knowing why for sure, S"jiro felt as though Indylari's verbal responses were hollow. He couldn't decide how to discern just how each kiss was different. Indy was right; he'd kissed many women. But he'd never kiss anyone with the intent of the type of true adoration and affection he meant to one day be able to truly convey to his fiance. In fact, even now, it was with all his drunken might that he willed himself to feel something more for her and be able to elicit the same emotion from her. But... was she not capable of feeling that way for him? That was the second thing that frustrated him that night.

So, ignoring Indylari's questions since he was far too busy pondering, the Bronzerider decided to take another, more gentle approach. Maybe handling her in another way would make her... soften toward him? Because right now, no matter how she acted, even if it was in that demure way she had, S'jiro's more sensual nature simply wasn't totally convinced.

"I just... I want to love you." Whispering the words, as if they were forbidden, perhaps even pleading, S'jiro's hands moved to hold her more gently at the waist, bending to kiss her once more. Only, this time, his lips were far less assertive, and far more loving. He could imagine himself loving her, caring for her more deeply than anyone if she would let him... if together they could decide to foster that kind of relationship. It didn't have to be a fantasy romance of falling in love right away, but for their parent's sake they could certainly give it a shot. Maybe this wasn't the best way to start trying, but it was a way. And if it didn't work out very well, they could try another way. They could try many ways of cultivating a love for one another until they got sick of trying.

Though his hands held her with strength as whatever thoughts he was having seemed to have sobered him somewhat, the Bronzerider was not being forceful of her, only tenderly encouraging. Hands worked to the small of her back where he held her for the time being, his lips at some point leaving her own so that he could trace loving pecks all the way to her neck where he buried his face into her hair, inhaling deeply of her scent. One of those hands managed to find its way up into her hair as well, as he tried to elicit some form of desire from her. Because,.. if she simply didn't desire him...

If she simply couldn't feel anything...

S'jiro wasn't sure what he'd do. Or how he should feel at that point.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:53 pm

When he said he wanted to love her, she was again surprised. He’d never said anything about how he felt before, concerning their engagement. Indylari thought he would release her fully and explain himself but instead he went in to kiss her once more. This time it was softer, perhaps kinder and she realized this was definitely about something deeper. Something he could be discussing with her. While kissing was enjoyable, she still wasn’t sure what he was hoping to get out of it. Ignoring the seeming desperation in his physical attentions, she found herself trying to break away more than trying to stay engaged in physical contact with him.

Breaking away she said, “S’jiro, I don’t think kissing will tell you if either of us can love the other.” She was irritated, a little, okay maybe more than a little, not because she found kissing him unpleasant but because he was taking liberties which until they were married, he would not be permitted to take. “I’ll be honest with you, if you will be honest with me.” She promised, her dark eyes not revealing much of anything that she might be feeling now.

“I don’t want to be treated like this.” She had never thought he would try, even think of making a move that could damage her pure reputation. It was most irritating. “If you had any thought to what I wanted you would have asked before barging in here and being physical with me. I want to be courted properly.” Her eyes met his, a little more stonily than they had before. No amount of kissing was going to change that part of her. He could consider her a prude if he wished but she had no desire to kiss him until she knew him better and felt comfortable around him.

She waited for him to let go of her, because she figured he would either in anger or by understanding what she was saying. “I’m not a greenrider or a lower caverns woman or whatever woman you find yourself bedding lately and honestly at the moment you can do as you please in that regard. However I will not be treated as if I were one of them. I’m a lady and will be treated as such until I Impress my Gold dragon.” At which point she would have achieved a higher rank than lady and would still be treated with some form of respect.

“ In the meantime if you would like to court me you have permission to do so.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Expecting no less than Indylari's pushing him away, S'jiro couldn't be surprised when she did. He may have very well done more to encourage her to become more physical with him since he was drunk, but her words had him almost wholly distracted. And the more she spoke, the more he came to think that what she was saying was true.

His arms loosening around her, they came back to his sides, letting her go completely; as he stepped back from her, he staggered back and forth onto either foot momentarily, digesting her words as best he could in his current state.

Heh. Courting. They hadn't a need for that. They were engaged whether they liked it or not. She either liked him as a person or she didn't.

She was probably right, though. He hadn't always treated her like a Lady. Not like the highborn women who frequently attended their gatherings of the elite amoungst the weyr. Most of those young women only wanted acceptance in the circle of Bronzeriders and hoped in some way to impress one of them enough to start some deeper relationship to ensure their status outside of Impression. But S'jiro wasn't typically improper toward his fiance. He was usually cordial, but he was always acting like a kid. S'jiro thought that in some aspects, he hadn't really grown up yet, had he? Indylari likely being the more mature of the two of them, was probably rather disappointed in him.

As he met Indy's gaze, it was obvious that she'd filled his mind with many thoughts. He said nothing for a long moment, letting a confused silence fill the time and space between them. The Bronzerider certainly seemed to have sobered over those things, thinking deeply enough that he was unable to respond to her just yet.

Somehow it bothered S'jiro though, to think that Indy wanted to be courted, but never made any impression on him that she desired the one courting her to be him. Sure, maybe that should be a given, since they were engaged. Maybe it shouldn't matter to him if she wanted him or not. If he truly desired to be with her he would do whatever he had to do to be at her side. If he was going to try though... he wanted her to try, too.

Before taking the time to consider his own words much more than that, he spoke them, "Is it that you want to be courted? Or that you want to be courted by me?" In a way, he was asking whether or not he stood a chance. Only because they were already engaged did he consider it unfair of her to ask him to court her properly if she felt nothing for him at all.

Then there was the matter of her giving him permission to be free with himself until the time they were to be married. Sure, that day could be a long way off, but she was still acting Holdbred in every other way, so if she truly desired to be with him, how was it okay in her mind, for him to share his bed, his time, his marks, on any other woman? S'jiro tried to come up with excuses for those things -managed to find a couple- but no excuse was enough to quell that feeling that she simply didn't care if they were together or not. No care beyond that of maintaining her own station in life.

The whole situation -their whole relationship- was only becoming more and more frustrating. And as she stared at him, he felt no warmth in her eyes upon him. Not the kind of warmth he was hoping to have felt.
She was just like him, wasn't she? They only cared for each other at all because their parents wanted them to. And she certainly didn't act like she wanted to try to make any of that change.

They were both selfish. They had only been acting selfishly, with conceit and ...S'jiro couldn't think about it anymore. Not here. The Bronzerider growled, running a hand back through his hair as he started to turn away from her with a bit of a stagger.

Why did this all bother him so much? Why was there no sense that anything was right between the two of them? Everything felt wrong.

S'jiro didn't want to think that way though. He didn't need to. For the sake of their parents, he couldn't. "I'm gonna go get something to drink." Speaking those words as if he hadn't had anything to drink yet that night, he started toward the door to excuse himself.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

She watched as he dealt with what she had said to him although it did seem to her that he was just as confused about his feelings as he thought she was. Indylari didn't feel anything, one way or another and she felt a little guilty for it, just a little. Maybe he would understand if she explained? Maybe he wouldn't but it would be nice if he could try to see where she was coming from.

"I don't know." She said softly, "I barely know you. We don't really talk or anything because you prefer to spend time with your friends and I prefer the company of mine. I am not saying we shouldn't try to become lovers but S'jiro at the moment, I feel very distant from you." Did he understand that? Could he?

"If you can be patient with me, you might find my heart can be won over. For the moment though, I feel neither joy nor contempt for you. I don't want to feel this way toward you. It is what it is. As is the reality that we may yet have to be married, at which point I think it would be nice if we had formed at least a friendship if not a romance."

Indylari stopped talking, wondering if he was the one who was having issues with feeling for her. "S'jiro I've never been in love at all. I've not been courted or sought after by anyone and I've never encouraged a man to do so before now." And that was probably the best she could do.

"I don't think my feelings are what may be troubling you, but your own. We can talk about that too if you like." She moved from him and poured herself a glass of water. She always had a pitcher of water in her room. "Go and think about your own feelings. Let me know if you truly want to pursue a relationship with me." She frowned a moment, it probably wasn't a good thing he needed a drink.

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:57 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 3001b0bb-22f9-4ca0-9ddc-fdb6ce35c355_zps4d7e21ba

So Indylari didn't feel one way or the other. So she simply felt nothing for him. And any desire to want to nurture any relationship between them was to make a marriage between them more meaningful if that's what it came to. That being the case, it only made it harder for him to want to pursue anything more meaningful with her. She was perfectly okay with things whichever way they went.

If she didn't want to feel this way...then she could be trying a little harder to not be so cold toward him. If they were to marry right now, it would be the kind of relationship where he used her for childbearing in exchange for her exalted rank. And being that she hadn't Impressed yet, and there was no promise that anyone would, she owed him more than whatever blase attitude she offered now -even if it did seem she was just being honest. Maybe he shouldn't expect more than that.

There were so many words just then that he wanted to get off his chest and maybe even shout at her; he was probably under the influence enough to raise his voice to her if he'd opened his mouth. But instead of pursuing the topic further, he decided to go and think about things, and sleep on it. Maybe he could wake up to a fresh perspective. That was a mature thing to do, right? At least he wasn't going to leave her being unpleasant and argumentative.

"Let's.. drink on it. ..Sleep on it." Sleep on it is what he'd meant. He was just thinking about where he wanted to drink at -whether in his own Weyr, or with the Bronzerdiers should they still be where he'd left them playing cards. He wasn't sure that sleeping or drinking or thinking over it any more would help, but S'jiro had no other answer for his fiance that was going to be kind enough that he wanted to leave her with it for the night.

All he knew is that she didn't feel anything for him. Just for that, he felt as though he should pawn all this trouble off on her! He wanted to be angry at Indy. He was angry. At himself. At her. At Veyani.

S'jiro stalked toward the door, and turned its handle with one hand. Pausing in the door frame, all of his conflicting emotions boiled. Striking at the door with the heel of his palm, he slammed it open to leave Indy's room. The door was flung carelessly closed behind him.

S'jiro didn't look to see who was around him as he re-traced his steps back to Halcyon Wing's Bronzerider's lounge. He barely glanced up to see who still remained before taking strides to the rack of drink containers. When he turned back around with a bottle of wine in hand, he waved all of the women away. "Go. Go! Leave us!"

Impatient with their hesitance, the Bronzerider shooed them, raising his voice once more. "I said leave us!" Starting to turn a little red in the face, it was obvious that he was very upset by whatever he was dealing with at the moment, and as he staggered back to the table, opening the bottle in his hand, he was planning on dealing with it by becoming very drunk.

Plopping himself back into the seat he'd taken earlier, S'jiro tipped the whole bottle back, taking several chugs. Suddenly remembering that he'd also left Veyani in here previously, his eyes turned quickly about the room to see if she was still here. He hadn't been in his right mind enough as he returned, to notice her if she was.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Indylari tried to ignore his anger. What did he want her to tell him? Lies? She wasn't ready for his physical advances and even if they were married she doubted that being physical with him would make her love him. Lust wasn't love. She just wanted to feel a connection which he had no intention of trying for. He just wanted her to automatically feel something after he had outwardly flirted and had sex with other women, meanwhile ignoring her?

Well she was going to stand firm on this one thing. Generally she would go along with whatever he wanted. However she wasn't going to just fill some void because he couldn't fill it himself. Whatever emotions were roaming though him, he was trying to make sense of them by making her feel bad for feeling absolutely nothing. Ugh, well he could be that way if he wanted.

As he left, she turned back to her reading but found herself unable to concentrate. Now that he was gone, she sort of felt bad how things were going. It wasn't like either of them had much choice, though he could certainly stand up to his parents if he wanted to. Maybe she should apologize but she wasn't sure what she had done wrong. Now that her thoughts were confusing her she sighed. She liked when her life was simple. Drama was annoying. She needed a new dress. She'd feel a lot better if she went out and had one made tomorrow. Yes, a new dress would make her feel tons better.

-----

Sh'nar feeling pleased with how Veyani was handling the situation told her she could stay for a bit if she wanted. He was perfectly fine with the girl hanging around as long as S'jiro wasn't around too. He turned his mind to other things as he sat back down in one of the chairs. He was worried, just as worried as the others, if not more so.

"We might need to find Tsuki." He said, indicating that someone else should go get S'jiro's sister. Sh'nar couldn't risk S'jiro seeing him one on one with Tsuki while he was in the mood he was in. Not because Sh'nar would do anything but because S'jiro didn't trust him around Tsuki after the flight incident. He felt bad, truly, but what was done was done.

Sh'nar assumed that if something were terribly wrong with S'jiro, Zemarith would contact one of the other dragons. At the rate the other man had been taking in alcohol, it wouldn't surprise him if he was back sooner than later.

And as he thought that, the other Bronzerider swept into the room like a hurricane. Heading straight for the drinks and dismissing the women, Sh'nar just stared at him and he wasn't the only one. Though most of the women were rushing out the door, Veyani stood perfectly still, as if afraid to move. Did she ever do anything the way she should? He thought, inwardly irritated and got up to forcibly remove her from the room.  

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 Veyaheader11_zps389effa9

Having agreed with Sh'nar, and resigned herself to avoiding Sjiro she walked back to the bookshelves. There were several books she would like to borrow but as soon as she went to choose one or two she was surrounded on both sides by gossiping women. Veya didn't really care if gossip was true or not, it was rather fascinating what some of these women would say when they thought other people couldn't hear them.

Apparently none of them had the audacity to be like her. Veyani wasn't sure that was a compliment. They distracted her with questions she couldn't answer and wanted to know very intimate details about S'jiro which she also didn't want to answer. She actually suddenly felt very overwhelmed.  "Excuse me." She said to the other girls and went to get another drink. Mostly in an attempt to avoid talking with people who had no intention of being in any way understanding or polite.

Why would anyone surround themselves with women who only cared about how high they could potentially advance. After downing one glass of wine, she took another and went back to the book shelves. It was as she was looking for a book she might be able to sneak out that, S'jiro came in. He was being quite rude and loud.

Normally she would have done what he said but having imbibed so much wine on such an empty stomach, she was having a hard time making decisions. Should she ask him if he was alright? Or should she go as he commanded? Ergh, commanded. She didn't like to be told what to do in social situations. It was another matter if it were work related.

Still holding the glass of wine in her hand, she quickly downed it, then went to set it on the table where they had been playing cards. "I'm going to borrow a book and then go...."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:36 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 C011d78c-dfdc-4d2c-9e00-569c167030cc_zpsa9237f45

Of course S'jiro would notice her just as she came to set her glass down, perfectly empty. She'd been drinking as much as he had; which wasn't going to help their situation.

As soon as she'd put her glass down, S'jiro was out of his chair, pursuing her again. Having relinquished hold on the bottle of wine he'd been taking swigs from, he soon had Veyani's wrist in his grasp, probably more abruptly than he'd intended, jerking her toward him so that they were facing one another. "You!" His voice was dark and accusing, expression sharing some distaste.

"Why did you kiss me? I know you've been drinking. Is that what I need to make her do to feel something toward me?! Is that what it takes?" The Bronzerider wasn't shouting, but close enough. All of his thoughts, jumbled together, seemed to come out together whether anyone else knew what he was talking about or not.

"Veyani, why did you kiss me? Why won't she?" Phsysical attraction in his mind, was part of the love equation, and it bothered him more and more, just like everything else, that Indylari felt no physical attraction for him. And yet Veyani had been bold enough to kiss him in front of everyone here? He didn't understand. Did that mean that Veyani found him attractive? Was she developing some sort of feelings for him that he hadn't been able to recognize? Of course, admittedly, he'd initially intended to jerk her heart around and then drop her like a bad habit just to break her inexperienced heart, but gradually, he seemed to be forgetting about that. Even if all they ever did was find some reason to fight.

Veyani's mere presence now, especially under the influence of so much alcohol, made him feel confused. But somehow, it was only now that he felt as though he was beginning to see things more clearly, as they truly were.

Z'rim had watched S'jiro storm into the room, dark brows raised in question, but saying nothing. He continued to drink until the other Bronzerider dismissed the women from the room and for a moment, watched between Veyani and his friend until S'jiro finally realized that the girl was still present. He'd almost wanted to get up and lead her from the room with the rest of them, but it was too late. S'jiro was focused on her now.

When S'jiro grabbed Veyani, Z'rim was on his feet, shouting the Bronzerider's name from where he stood, in warning, not wanting to see his friend break out into violence. Z'rim's expression was both worried and stern, gazed fixed upon the pair of them. But since S'jiro went on talking, ignoring him, he decided to wait and see what transpired between them.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Sh'nar was about to grab her himself and rush her out of this room but he didn't because she did say she would be leaving. However, seeing as S'jiro wasn't letting her leave what could he do. Better that whatever was bothering the other man, get resolved here and now. Then they could all go back to having normal lives... especially S'jiro.

---

Veyani went completely still when he grabbed her wrists. Her brown eyes held no fear or anger. Which seemed to be more the reaction of the other men. She knew S'jiro wouldn't hurt her physically, not intentionally and she trusted him not to. "I've kissed you before without wine..." She said with a shrug, her eyes growing a little wide as he began to nearly shout at her.

"Who?" She asked calmly though she felt like it was the last thing she wanted to hear. Whoever this other person was, she wished he cared that much about her. He didn't seem to understand her at all so maybe he misunderstood the other woman. Sh'nar was giving her a very stoney look out of the corner of her eye. She had said she would leave S'jiro alone but he did have her rather firmly in his grasp.

She flushed from more than the wine, "I was talking to Tsuki earlier and I realized something." Her voice was growing a little less confident as she spoke. "I realized that while I find you very arrogant and self centered, I also find you interesting and engaging." She stopped herself because she knew he wouldn't take this next part well. He would get angry with her or use it against her but she couldn't let it be unsaid, even if he had more to reveal to her about this other woman.

"I don't sleep well, I don't eat well, I can't stand not being around you but I can't stand being around you and not being able to touch you either. When I do see you my world lights up just that much brighter." A short pause followed and her coffee brown eyes met his so that he could see the truth that lay behind them. "I'm falling in love with you." Emphasis on the falling.

Then with a bit of passion in her voice, "I kissed you because I wanted to kiss you, because I like to kiss you. I would do it again and again if I could." And if he had something to say about it, then he surely would. She was more brave than she knew, saying all of that in front of these men who she didn't really know but who could do serious damage to her if they were so inclined both emotionally and physically.

She was trying not to be so emotional but she felt very strongly about him. “Do you love her?” She asked, her eyes were clear, devoid of any possible tears. Veya never cried, well almost never. She might later on, when he wasn’t around. Her voice had grown very strained though because it was hard to ask if he cared about someone else when she only wanted him to see they would be wonderful together. Didn’t he have fun when she was around? Wasn’t he happy when they fell asleep together? She knew he was at least a little attracted to her. Why couldn’t he love her?

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 9c379329-a37b-4365-941a-295a944836ee_zpsdc83e5cc

Having stopped himself from blurting out who it was he had been ranting about, his thoughts were too confused to get anything out of his mouth quickly anyway. So, the Bronzerider was left with only one option, and that was listening intently to Veyani as she spilled every bit of her heart out for him, again, in front of everyone.

S'jiro could only stand there looking quite shocked. Again, he'd forgotten about the advantage this could give him in their little war they'd waged, but in light of more important relationship issues, it was easier and easier to push their little fight aside to get to the root of the truth of his feelings; and just how he should handle all of this.

He'd meant tonight, to confirm his feelings for Indylari. He'd meant to bolster the hope he wanted to have that the two of them were a good match for one another. But everything was turning out wrong. Everything both of them said was wrong! It was backwards! His heart, too, was backwards. That was his gradual realization.

Not knowing what else to say, he too, could only find himself being all too honest. "You're wrong." S'jiro stared hard at her for a moment, clenching her wrist in his hand all the tighter as he closed more of the distance between them. "Why is it? That everything that's supposed to seem right, has to seem wrong when I'm around you!? Everything you say. Everything you do, is all wrong!" He was definitely shouting then, nearly shaking with all his vehemence. But he couldn't help himself then, when finally his voice lowered and he started with confessions of his own.

Starting with a response to her falling in love with him, he met her gaze, speaking most seriously. "If you love me, then stay with me. I don't have to love anyone else."

It was the craziest thing he'd ever said or done, as far as he was concerned. And he was being completely selfish. He'd just been able to disregard the entire conversation that he and his fiance had had. Somehow, surely, this would all get out, and reach Indylari's ears. Somehow it would surely cause him more pain later on. But he didn't care about that. Right now, he didn't care about consequences. For now, Veyani was the only thing he wanted. He was finally realizing that.

S'jiro drew Veyani up against him into a kiss, which he was not about to let her escape from. His hands found their way around her, clutching at her until their bodies were pressed against one another, hardly giving either one of them the room to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 pm

If S’jiro was shocked then Sh’nar’s puzzled features were nothing to be surprised about. The young woman was more brazen than he thought. Her promise to avoid S’jiro obviously wasn’t going to hold up now since his friend seemed to do exactly the opposite of letting the gril leave with a  book and nothing more. It was strange, watching this young girl admit to something which girls ten years her senior still had trouble expressing. She was certainly different and in being different she made him uncomfortable. He was worried about S’jiro. He was worried that his best friend would lose everything he needed to keep the life he wanted would be taken away if he threw away his engagement and stayed with Veyani.

Sh’nar really didn’t want to be the one to break them up but he would have to write to S’jiro’s parents now. This had gone far enough. And really if it was just the girl saying her feelings it would be one thing but S’jiro was never in a room with her without finding some way to touch her or fight with her. He was obviously falling for the young woman in return. Completely aghast at the unfolding situation, Sh’nar couldn’t help but see how involved the two of them were. He was amazed really that it was happening so quickly. He thought it was a mild flirtation, a dalliance that S’jiro would get over it. Apparently not. This Veyani had taken his best friend, who was much more elite than he himself was, and had somehow despite her background deluded him into thinking he was in love with her.

As S’jiro and Veyani began to kiss, he got up. There was no need for there to be an audience to this affirmation of S’jiro’s madness. He had lost his mind. That was what this was. He needed to write to S’jiro’s family immediately. “I’ll just be going then…” He said under his breath as he made his way out of the room.

"Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay."

Veyani was expecting the anger. She was expecting him to think she was not worthy because he always associated her with the lowest rank he could think of. She did not realize at first that he was not angry because of who she was, he was angry that she wasn’t someone else. Again she understood it had been ingrained in him he would marry someone of wealth and circumstance whereas Veyani was as of yet, neither of those things.

She didn’t need wealth to be happy. It was actually interesting to her that she liked someone who was so well off because she had thought to be a dragonrider when she fell in love. She had thought to be similarly ranked and have things in common with said other person. However much it amazed her where her life and her heart took her, she was always willing to be brave for love. And now it was going to pay off, she thought as she watched his reaction to her admission.  

Was he being forced to love someone? Her head swam with a million thoughts. Was he in some sort of arranged marriage or something? Lords sometimes did that, didn’t they? She had never been fond of the idea of forcing a relationship on someone.
“I never want to leave you.” She said softly, “I’ll stay.” Veyani felt herself pulled into him as if he were gravity and she was a rock. Her mouth locked on to his, her eyes closed and everyone else in the room disappeared. When he did let her breathe she used it for that purpose only stopping him one time, “Are you sure this is what you want?” In other words, was he serious about wanting her?

She didn’t want to continue if he was simply playing her in front of the guys and now that they had gone, she hoped he didn’t feel he had to put on a show.  Her arms were looped around his neck still, her head tilted up to look at his face.  There was no doubt looking at her expression, her affection for him. She was having trouble processing everything. It was probably the wine talking.

Tomorrow he would be back to hating her and pretending she was lower than the lowest drudge at the weyr. No matter how much she wished it to be true that he cared about her, she knew better than to allow herself to fully believe it.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Z'rim was aghast, not knowing what to say, and as soon as Sh'nar started for the door, he followed after, looking back at the two love birds with jaw dropped. His eyes had seen it, his ears heard it, the way S'jiro just confessed to her, but his mind simply couldn't wrap around it.

When they were out of the room, far enough that they would be out of earshot of S'jiro, Z'rim spoke quietly between the two of them, "Sh'nar, what's going on? What is he thinking?" Z'rim wondered if they should go back and stop S'jiro right then and there, but then.. if this is what S'jiro's heart actually wanted, shouldn't they be supportive of their friend? And if S'jiro's parents ended up disowning him in the process, because he had chosen his own path in stead of theirs, then, as S'jiro's friend, they could act to support him until he was able to get back on his own two feet. It would surely be a huge blow to him having his parent's patronage and overall support withdrawn.

As the Bronzerider looked over to Sh'nar, the other man's expression seemed focused. He wondered if Sh'nar had a plan of his own?

“I never want to leave you.” She said softly, “I’ll stay.”... “Are you sure this is what you want?”

Somehow, S'jiro had a hard time believing that, and he wanted to avoid the subject of his fiance, or any such questions like she just asked that might cause him to second guess what decision he'd just made. None of this seemed real. Had he really said those things just now? Perhaps it was the fact that his head was spinning due to the effects of alcohol, and his body felt drowsy.

The strangest fear crept over him, as if the two of them were doomed never to see each other again after this. He couldn't explain it, but in response, his breath only grew more burdened. He leaned his neck so that he could set his forehead against against Veyani's own. He held her there, in that embrace, eyes closed or looking floorward. "Y'know, words usually seem so much more annoying when you speak them. Well.. I always have thought you were annoying in a lot of ways. But since we're both doing something really dumb right now anyway, I should tell you that I've always liked that about you; that you have always had the kind of strength I never had -to just do whatever your heart led you to do. So, does this mean that I've finally caught on?"

S'jiro still leaned his forehead against hers, struggling more with his words now, as this new reality started to sink in. He couldn't help but to smile a little at the irony of the whole situation, but at the same time, the smile was insecure, and he hoped that she didn't see it. "So, do you want to go out with me? It seems as though, when you're not around, I get restless, so I thought I'd try something new, even if it goes against my disposition. But... I should warn you that if you agree to stay with me, things might not turn out so well." In fact, he really wasn't so sure how things would turn out at all. He had no idea how to break things off with Indylari -or if he should? And he had no idea how to go about a relationship with a farm girl -or if he should?

Those answers would surely come when they were needed. Right now, all he wanted, was to hold Veyani and protect her from anything that might happen to them. And of course nothing would seem quite right unless he picked some sort of dumb fight with her again, later on.

Holding her even more closely then, he embraced her so that her head could be leaned on his shoulder, and he could lean his head against her own, or even kiss the top of it. And when he'd done so, he spoke quietly enough that she may not have heard him, "Why didn't I love you until now? Please,... give me a minute. Let me hold you." After t'nite, he got some sinking feeling he'd not have that chance again. And that feeling, along with the amazing relief he felt at realizing his heart's desire, was enough to inspire tears in his eyes. Just one or two.

Okay, maybe a few, but Veyani was in no position just yet to see them.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:44 pm

"This is just a fancy. It will pass. In the meantime, you say nothing about it to him. Don't bring the girl up at all. Understand?" He was sounding a little angry. "Sorry, Z'rim, I'm concerned. I do not relish what I am about to do but it must be done." His features were set in a very strong expression. He was going to do soemthing he had hoped could be avoided. He had to do it for S'jiro's own good.

"See you at breakfast." He promised and made his way back to his weyr.

----

Why was he so bent on making her feel bad about herself in order to give her a compliment? Well she knew the truth. He wanted her as much as she wanted him, he just had a harder time admitting to it. It would be really bad for her if he hadn't caught on. If he didn't really know what he was feeling then it would be even worse for her. "I hope so. Although knowing how thick headed you are, its doubtful." She laughed freely.

Veyani sobered herself up for a moment because he was asking her to go out with him, dating...well... she had not really thought much about it. Her only concern was him understanding that she had her own feelings, she'd never expected him to reciprocate. "Yes, I'd like that." She said, her cheeks were pink again. Whether he was right about things turning out badly or not. "Nothing about our relationship has been easy. Guess its only going to get harder for a time but we are both stubborn, we can get through anything together..." Unless he decided it wasn't worth it to him. There was that unspoken fear inside of her. She let it die there, inside because she wanted to believe that he would choose her from now on and not whatever threats his family laid on him.

She moved her head to rest on his shoulder while he spoke softly. Veyani felt so comfortable with him. His embrace was everything she could want, she could live in it. So when he said he wanted to hold her for a moment, she stayed where she was. Lifting her hand as she felt a small drop on it, she looked up. He was so much more deep than any one of his friends would guess.

Veya didn't say anything about the tears. She pretended she didn't see them because it would only bruise his ego to have it mentioned. She was quiet, holding on just as tightly to him as he was to her. There was something in the air, really, she didn't like the feeling of foreboding emanating from him. He must not be telling her everything. Veya breathed in his smell deeply and then leaned up to kiss his cheek softly.

"Soooo, does this mean I get to steal your reading spot?" She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Z'rim was nodding, agreeing to say nothing, and just see how things played out, but he wanted what was best for S'jiro, and wasn't that whatever S'jiro's heart wanted? But then, Sh'nar could be right. If this was just a fling, then it could possibly be detrimental to his future. They really needed to find out just how serious those two were about one another. Maybe Z'rim would need to meet with Veyani in secret and speak with her about his concern... and share a few things with her which might change her mind about being with S'jiro. Then, even if S'jiro continued to insist on a fling, maybe the girl would make her own decision not to be with him, making it easier for S'jiro to choose what was best for his future.

Still... it all worried him. And he just wanted S'jiro to be happy and be able to make the best decision he could. Not a drunken decision, either.

He didn't know exactly what Sh'nar was going to do, but Z'rim decided that he would go and wait for Veyani outside of the candidate barracks and catch her on her way home for the evening.

Well, if he wasn't insulting her to compliment her, then something was terribly awry. After all, she was still a silly farm girl. That hadn't changed. This just meant that he'd accepted the fact he liked a farm girl, and he was willing to cope with that.

IN any case, S'jiro didn't seem to want to answer her continued mulling over how things may or may not work out. He was content for now listening to her voice and being able to hold her. But as soon as she quipped about taking over his stairs, he reached to wipe his eyes dry as fast as he could -as nonchalantly as he could- and immediately pushed her back at arm's length to argue. "No! I'm not letting you steal my reading spot. If anything... you get to sit at the bottom of the stairs, around the corner, where I can still pretend to be by myself every once in a while." Seriously. How did them dating change the fact he found that reading spot first. Though, he supposed he could always secretly find a different reading spot. One she was sure to never find, because she was still somewhat new to the Weyr.

Shard it! How had all this happened?

Taking a step back from her, S'jiro grimmaced, running a hand back through his hair as if with frustration; as if he struggled with something else. "Eeeerrrrr. Anyway, .. Veya.. I guess we should probably turn in for the night. I've got a lot to do tomorrow, and then have the night time shift for Sweep practice again." Of course, he was also supposed to meet Indylari tomorrow for lunch at his Weyr. He wondered if he could get out of that one? He could probably just make up some excuse about needing to meet with the Wing early for additional preparations before practice. That sort of thing wasn't uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:50 pm

She giggled, "We'll see about that... I can be very stubborn too you know." Even if she was just being her normal light hearted self, she got a feeling that S'jiro was withdrawing from her again. Well they could both use some time away and some rest probably. Not that she really wanted to be separated from him but it seemed like a good idea. It would give them both time to adjust to their feelings. Veya didn't need as much time probably as S'jiro but she never said he needed to go out with him immediately.

"Goodnight. I hope you sleep well." She for one would sleep better with him but she did need to spend some of her time in the Candidate Barracks. She didn't expect him to walk her back nor did she ask him to. He had a lot going through his head, she knew. She was feeling the same way. It was all a little overwhelming.

Going home she wasn't expecting to run in to anyone so she went by the Weyrhall on her way. Eating a redfruit on her way to the Barracks she threw the core out away from the Barracks. At first she didn't see anyone but then she did, "Oh. Z'rim. Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:21 pm

S'jiro bade Veyani good night, deciding to return shortly after to his own weyr. She was right in that it was all a little strange, walking away, thinking that they were now considering themselves in some sort of real relationship. A dating one. He'd have to figure out what he was going to do about his existing but non existent relationship with Indylari. Figuring that out might take a while.

Honestly, S'jiro wanted to feel a little guilty about admitting that his feelings for Veyani went beyond that of any 'fling' in his past. And she wasn't a Rider yet, so there was no excuse there to lean upon. But, at the same time, Indylari hadn't made any move of her own to keep him interested in her, and had given him permission to partake in any such fling until they knew whether or not they would be married.

But what if, after their dating, S'jiro decided he would rather be with Veyani in the long run and didn't want to be part of some arranged marriage? What then?

The Bronzerider mulled over that possibility and what repercussions it might entail should that be the decision he made. Eventually, he fell to sleep over it, hoping that come morning, things might magically become any easier.

Z'rim had leaned himself against the side of the candidate barracks out of direct line of sight from most, so there was no immediate recognition that anyone stood there, watching. He'd straightened away from the wall, hands still in his pockets, and dodged the incoming redfruit core, stepping over the place where it had landed near his feet just as she realized that he was there.

"Veyani. Do you have a few minutes to talk? Out here is okay, unless you'd rather go elsewhere?" The Bronzerider was going to wait for her to lead the way if she decided that they should take a private talk elsewhere. "There are a few things that I think we need to discuss. In light of your relationship with S'jiro."

Behind her, Z'rim caught sight of a handful of candidates staring at them, having obviously recognized him as a bronzerider of the infamour foursome group. Whispering amoungst themselves, it seemed as though they thought to stick around to watch or see if any of the girls amoungst them stood a chance at grabbing his attention. Anyway, they loitered longer than he liked, and were within earshot.

Pushing past Veyani, one of the girls clapped her hands together and pranced right up to him with dreamy eyed expression. "You're Z'rim, right? Do you have a date already for the Masquerade? I Just heard it's -"

But Z'rim cut her off there, with his most charming smile, lengthening his stride to go to Veyani. "I'm sorry beautiful, but Veyani is my girl. You'll have to ask someone else." He reached out to take Veyani's hand, and as if they danced, he guided her gently along with him so that they could speak more privately. Eventually his arm ended up around Veyani's shoulders, where the other girls who'd gathered could plainly see, that way they wouldn't pursue. Of course, he meant those words differently than how they would surely interpret them, because if his friend was going to value Veyani above other women, they he would do so, too.

In any case, it got the other young ladies off his back about going with them to the Masquerade.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:38 pm

"Okay. I can talk but I really do need to get some rest soon." She said but was immediately interrupted by several girls trying to get Z'rim's attention. Luckily for him, she knew how to improvise. Sow hen he made a remark that she was his girl, she went along with it. Anything not to hear the other girls going on and on about him just because of what he was.

Once they were well out of earshot, she made sure Z'rim was no longer touching or holding on to her in any way. "What did you need to discuss with me, concerning S'jiro?" She asked because now her interest had been piqued. Once that happened Veyani was curious and her curiosity would weigh on her.

Here was to hoping that he wasn't already objecting based on her rank. Being a Candidate she probably shouldn't enter into a serious relationship of any kind. She also didn't want to make him wait several turns in case she didn't impress right away. People did say that they often regretted what they had not done, more than what they had. She might as well do the same.

"Maybe you can shed some light on something for me as well..."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:28 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 Julianfarietta_zps9db4d25a

As soon as the girls had cleared, and he and Veyani were far enough away that no one would overhear them, Z'rim withdrew his arm and stepped back so that he could face the young woman. It pleased him that she seemed interested in knowing the truth about a few things even if she probably understood that those things might not be something she wanted to hear. But, ...he would try to break down the entire scenario to her as kindly as possible. She deserved to know the truth about S'jiro's current situation, and both of them deserved to make fully informed decisions.

"I'm only going to tell you what I think you deserve to know. Though I'm hoping that S'jiro already told you."

When right away, he didn't see anything register in her eyes that might suggest she already knew just what he was talking about, he went on. "After tonight, if you and S'jiro are planning on being involved with one another, then you should consider carefully how far you take your relationship. S'jiro knows as much -but I fear he's being careless. Now that he's gotten you involved, you have every right to know, too. It's the same reason why Sh'nar was trying to get you to agree not to be with S'jiro, earlier today. But that promise fell apart."

Meeting the girl's gaze sternly, it wasn't with disdain. Z'rim just wanted her to understand that if she was going to take her relationship with his friend seriously, then she needed to really take it seriously -and be ready for an uphill battle. Of course, of all women he knew, he thought that Veyani was strong enough to take on the challenge.

"Veyani, S'jiro is party to an arranged marriage. It's been that way for the past three or four turns. He's engaged to Indylari but their parents have agreed not to plan a wedding until after she either Impresses or ages out of candidacy. If she Impresses, then whether or not they marry is probably going to be left up to them, because she'll have her hands full enough with a new dragon; but if she ages out... then they will have to.

"Until then, S'jiro can do what he likes..." The Bronzerider paused there briefly, but before Veyani could say anything, he went on, making sure she heard him out. "Of course, I just want S'jiro to make the right decision for him. I want him to be happy, regardless of who he chooses to be with. But I'm pretty sure that his parents won't make life easy for him if he were to do something drastic.

"So, I need to know how serious you are about him; and I need dig and find out just how serious he is about you. Because the game you two are playing is one that his family will take much more seriously than you are both taking it now,...if your involvement runs too deeply. But as long as they don't think you're influencing him..." Well, he could leave it at that. Surely Veyani would understand what he was insinuating.

"Anyway," Z'rim was stuffing his hands back in his pants pockets coolly, watchful of her expression, trying to read her eyes, "If you both choose to make more of it, I'm pretty sure that the things you suffered with S'jiro's bullying will be like nothing compared to the lengths his family would go to maintain their good standing with the family to whose daughter he is betrothed. After all, who do you think he learned his habits from? Sh'nar, L'mar and I?" Z'rim was shaking his head at her over that, assuring her that such was not the case.

"One more thing. I'm pretty sure also, that their engagement isn't just over maintaining her good social standing were she to not Impress. That's not a good enough reason by itself for S'jiro's parents to pressure him into something like an arranged marriage when he's living a different life now. It just seems like it's too far of a stretch for something like that... If that's the case, then they're likely to put up a fight over it when the time comes, if they see you as a threat to whatever ends they're hoping to achieve by it."

Z'rim knew of Indy's background, but none of them knew all the fine details that went into the writing of their marriage arrangement agreements. Such things were many-layered and complex dealings that involved various gains on both sides that didn't necessarily directly involve the children getting married. That was just the nature of betrothals. Depending on what those gains were, they would go to any number of lengths to ensure that when/if it needed to happen, the wedding would take place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 6 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Personal Weyrs-
Jump to: