Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet places (S'jiro)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Quiet places (S'jiro) Empty
PostSubject: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Time at the Weyr moved so swiftly, she found her time consumed with lessons and chores, although truth be told she was horrible at remembering her chores and her brother often had to cover for her. Veya did not forget her chores but she easily lost track of time and her thoughts often took her to the quiet places of the weyr.

She was still having a horrible time with the number of people, the closed in spaces and the noise. Her brother and sister had already adapted much better than she had. Jayna had a group of friends, both Candidates and riders. And her brother was often in the company of some of the Weyrlings close to their age.
Veyani, found it harder to make friends than she wanted it to be. She realized people here found her as odd as people back home did. She would not change who she was to suit their needs.

Besides she wouldn’t say she was unhappy. Her more curious nature set her in a world where wondering and wanting answers to questions was allowed, even encouraged, made life beyond wonderful. Her thirst for knowledge did not diminish, only grew.
Walking a path she had only walked once before over a sevenday ago, she found herself on the brink of an all too familiar staircase.

She sat down, with a book in her hand. It wasn’t such a bad place to read and no one could hear her to embarrass her for her horrible reading. Being as it was easier to read aloud, she began with one of the first few ballads in the book. At least it wasn’t AS boring as those children stories.

“D-R-A-G-O-N. Drrr. Drraaa. Drragon. Oh! Dragon! M-A-N. Mmmaaannn. Dragonman. And then it’s the same letters for the next so it s the same word twice. Dragonman, Dragonman…”
“And then there is a B and then an E- T-W-E-E-N.” She attempted to sound out the letters. “Dragonman, Dragonman, between.” She put her finger under the next word. “theee and thhhh iiinnne. Thine? What kind of word is that anyway?” She thought, thoroughly irritated that she had no idea what the word was. Skipping it she moved on. “S-H-A-R-E. Shhhhaaaare. Share.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:43 am

Quiet places (S'jiro) OguriShun39_zpsceb674c0

Approaching the top of the stairs, S'jiro had come quietly, but not really on purpose; he hadn't meant to sneak up on anyone, it just happened that Veyani had come there to intrude on his quiet space again. The Bronzerider had been about ready to say something, ready to run her off, when he heard her start to read aloud.

Realizing that the girl was unpracticed gave him pause. But soon, he was rolling his eyes in exasperation. So she really was from the lower class. She really didn't know how to read? That fact must have irritated him, because all of his friends knew how to read. And since coming to the Weyr, everyone he'd even remotely become acquainted with through the Wings knew how to read.

Maybe this girl was faking it. As she continued on however, he seemed to believe more and more that she was truly just uneducated.

"'Yours'. It means 'yours'. And is there a reason you came back to this staircase?" S'jiro walked down the stairs to where the girl now sat, until he came to stand next to her. Looking down at her, his own codex in hand, the Bronzerider's expression was not pleased, but he didn't look exactly irate, either. He'd been in a good mood all day long, up to that point, but the outcome of the rest of his day might just depend on her. He thought he'd gotten rid of her after their first encounter. He should have seen that she wasn't bright enough to be more fearful of him. He supposed maybe she didn't know what she was getting herself into if she wanted to try to involve herself with him, being his lesser.

"'Share'. Something I don't usually do with this stairwell. So, if you're done being nosy, could you not come here anymore? This is my area." If she wasn't serving any of his needs, then she was there to amuse him. And if she wasn't there to amuse him, then she was just extra baggage that needed to be gotten rid of. He had to admit...she did sort of amuse him though. But, even though she hadn't truly been disrespectful toward him, this attitude from her, that she could treat him as an equal, was unacceptable.

The audacity of her!
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Quiet places (S'jiro) Veyaheader2_zps3d993369

“Hmmm, interesting.” She said, thinking about the meaning of the word and how it fit into the ballad. She didn’t look up from what she was reading, greet him or thank him for his help. In fact he had probably come here to be rude and pick on her, if rumors were to be believed. “Seems superfluous to have two words that mean the same thing, there is no purpose for it. I suppose the writer wanted the words to flow better...”

She commented but left her thought hanging there in the air as he appeared to grown more frustrated. Veyani did not know what to expect of S’jiro except that he would try to pull rank on her in some way. Rolling the arms of her blouse up to her elbow again, as they seemed to have fallen, again, she was prepared to ignore any rude comments he made.

So she needn’t worry about going out of her way to be polite. She could treat him how she would treat anyone else. “Well S’jiro if you don’t want to share, you can go.” It sounded like something her mother would say if her siblings were fighting over something. Her tone was completely unaffected by his being there.

When he voiced a claim over the area she laughed her eyes lifting to his face, “I’m pretty sure you don’t own it. In fact, you don’t own anything outside your own weyr. This is public property belonging to the entire Weyr. Which means, I have an equal right to be here as you and having been here first, I should be the one to remain here. Now if you are going to let my presence disturb your reading that is your business. I fully intend to continue. ”

She looked back down at her reading. Adjusting the book in her hand, she began to read aloud again, “ me thaaat. Share me that… g-l-i-m-p-s-e…glllliiiimmmpse. Glimpse.”
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Staring down at her with moderate signs of disbelief in his expression, S'jiro started up again, " 'Synonym', two words that mean the same thing. And are you even allowed to use a word like 'superfluous' if you didn't even know what 'thine' meant?" How was that? Almost snorting at the thought, he met her gaze steadily when she looked up to him.

Of course, when she looked there, it was clear that he was not at all pleased by her comments. In fact, S'jiro was rather taken aback, and it took a little effort not to have it show in his expression. What a little witch. How could she be so self-righteous?

“I’m pretty sure you don’t own it. In fact, you don’t own anything outside your own weyr. This is public property belonging to the entire Weyr. Which means, I have an equal right to be here as you and having been here first, I should be the one to remain here. ..."

Once again astounded by the girl's audacity, S'jiro regarded her with silence for a moment. He thought about walking off, because he would surely go directly from here to bribe some weyrlings or candidates to do something to her later; but thinking it over, he figured since she seemed to be new around here, that he should give her fair warning. That way, if she wanted to get out of it, she could just make her retreat now.

Bending far enough to reach down and take hold of her arm with his right hand, the Bronzerider hauled Veyani to her feet. He turned her aside, and stepping toward her, pushed her back against the wall, using that same arm to block her way. His hand set against the wall beside her, he drew near to her until their bodies nearly made contact. When he addressed her then, it was without the anger she might have expected, yet his tone, like the grip he'd taken her with, did not lack firmness. "Maybe you do not understand the situation. So, let me help you."

Tucking the codex into his jacket pocket then, S'jiro made certain that her attention was on him then, letting his hand come to touch the side of her face gently. "If there were any place or any thing that I desired, I would likely make it mine. Of all places in this Weyr, I'm sure the Weyrleader would not regret parting with a nearly forgotten stairwell for a good sum of additional tithes. But thus far, such an offering has not yet been made necessary. I would find somewhere else to read, but now I almost think you're following me, so that would probably be a waste of time, now wouldn't it?

"Are you following me?" S'jiro did not break his gaze from her own, now resting the other hand up against the wall at the other side of her. She was boxed in. As he leaned there, he seemed more amused than anything.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:55 pm

“Of course I am. The Harpers are encouraging us to use difficult words in every day conversation. I have been successful every day so far. Thine is not a term anyone would use in conversation today. It must be an old word like thee. I know how to use words, I simply cannot read them or write them.” She said with a shrug as if not being knowledgeable did not bother her as much as it did in truth. If he spotted a weakness he would be using it against her. Of that she was quite certain. Especially as he seemed to lose patience with the situation.

Veyani was too shocked to realize what was happening, not that she would have the strength to fight him off if she wanted to. He had her against the wall before she could say anything. Her feelings at the moment whirled around until she didn’t know what to think. He was threatening her but not. The sixteen turn old drew in a quick breath. She had never been this close to a man who was unrelated to her. There was no way out of her position.

Caresses like that were probably quite common at the Weyr, she convinced herself. Even has her body trembled she tried not to let her vulnerable position worry her; surely he would not force her into anything that would be taboo among Holders. She may not be a Lord’s daughter or cousin or anything like that, but she was still holdbred. The young woman stared into his eyes as she tried to focus on what he was saying.

[“If there were any place or any thing that I desired, I would likely make it mine.”]

She got the distinct feeling women were the same for him. Well he would have no need of her then. Veya thought, focusing as best she could with a mind that tended towards wandering. He was much more interesting than she thought previously. Her eyes glinting with their usual mischief, she prepared to address his question. She could certainly say she was because it would likely freak him out but it would not be honest. She didn’t have time to stalk him.

“In your dreams.” She rolled her eyes but made no move to fight him off. “I had not realized the limited number of places at the Weyr someone could go to be alone when we met last time. Now I know and I came here because it would be quiet. If anything, your presence would be an afterthought to my intense fear of crowded places.” Typical that he would think himself important enough to be followed.

Not that she wouldn’t seek him out now and again because she found him quite intriguing and she got the feeling he might reciprocate a little. Veya knew he would never admit to that thought. Also typical that he wouldn’t remember what sent her here last time. He had no thought for anyone but himself which was apparent.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 pm

“In your dreams.” She rolled her eyes but made no move to fight him off. “I had not realized the limited number of places at the Weyr someone could go to be alone when we met last time. Now I know and I came here because it would be quiet..."

Maybe it was an honest answer, but he knew at the same time, she was just being smart with him. There were other quiet places. She just hadn't taken the time to find them yet.

So, he thought. Why didn't he just help her find one. His right arm dropped, seeking her hand with his own then. "Well, then. Why don't I show you one of those secret quiet places."

Drawing her along behind him, the Bronzerider hardly cared if she wanted to follow him or not. They passed through multiple corridors which she might have otherwise gotten lost in and passed by a number of people on the way to wherever they were going. More than once, S'jiro felt curious eyes on them, wondering.

Let them wonder. He thought. Because most of those people would know who he was and were familiar with his reputation, and he knew that rumours would spread quickly -which would lend to his next purpose, for the sake of humiliating her since she insisted on defying him.

Knowing that eyes were still on them, S'jiro took Veyani right up the stairs to his own private Weyr. Dragging her inside, S'jiro ignored the fact that he'd awoken Zemarith in the process, and the dragon's head turned to follow them until the door was shut behind.

Who is she?

Not now.

The dragon was curious, but not curious enough to ask again, so he lay his head back down to continue his nap.

Releasing his hold on her hand, S'jiro spun her free of him, letting her move into the room on her own will.

His weyr was spotlessly clean. A large bed was situated at the center of it, with a small upholstered bench with finely carved legs sat at the foot of it. Many pillows decorated it luxuriously and the little other furniture left to see in the room was spread against the outer walls of the space creating little cozy seating areas for relaxation with the use of a chaise lounge and throw blankets with a side table for tea and brunch. In miniature scale, it was suited for a Holder. Obviously his family had made certain he did not go without, even here.

"If you like...since you insist on it being together" Even if that wasn't entirely true, "this is also a quiet place. And there are many more comforts here, than on the stairs." And weren't comforts generally what girls preferred? At least it was true by his own previous experience.

S'jiro took a step past her. Pausing to glance back at her, he gestured for her to make herself at ease. Then clasping hands at the small of his back, he waited for her to respond.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Quiet places (S'jiro) Veyaheader3_zps98cd7ce9

Once more he surprised her , by taking her hand instead of further complaining about her station and her not acting properly towards him. If he knew about other places why wasn’t he using them? Why the staircase? The questions rattled around in her brain as he dragged her behind him.

Veyani didn’t protest at first because she was interested to see where they were going and generally her curiosity got the better of her. Once they made it through some of the less used passages people were around. As they continued and she would be thoroughly lost if she didn’t have his hand to cling to, she wondered why he bothered sullying his reputation by dragging her behind him.

Veyani had never been one to care much about what other people thought of her. So she ignored the stares and the whispers but considered what they might be saying. She hoped nothing too crazy was going to come out of this, not for her reputation’s sake but because her brother would flip out on her. She was certain S’jiro wasn’t trying to be a complete ass, although he was pulling that off.

Keeping up with S’jiro was what kept her looking as if she was being forcibly dragged. If the pace had been a little more Veya friendly there would have been no need for him to half drag her up the stairs to his own personal weyr. Walking in slowly, she was afraid to touch anything it was all so perfect and just one of the furnishings was worth more than her entire house at the farm. Her eyes fell on one thing and then another, examining everything with a keen interest.

It must be nice to be wealthy and never have to worry about food or cold in the winter. She wasn’t envious of his situation; it actually made her a little sad. He valued things quite a bit, being from that sort of upbringing. Someday he might feel differently, she thought with hope. Instead of correcting him about his statement, obviously she had told him she would be fine on the stairs alone, she allowed him his fantasy. S’jiro had brought her to his weyr for some other reason although she would not know why just yet.

Veyani walked through the weyr, not sitting just yet, she touched the fabric of the chairs gingerly, admired the woodwork on the furniture. She felt out of place here but rather than be made fun of, she did sit on the lounge and say something… nice. “Your weyr is lovely. Can I ask you something then?” She quirked her head to the side, “Why did you bring me here exactly?” Cause she really doubted it had anything to do with reading.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:47 pm

S'jiro's eyes looked after her as she walked the room, feeling at each of the things that caught her interest, even if only briefly. Eventually, he moved toward the place she'd found to sit. Not wanting to alarm her quiet yet, or make the situation seemed any more rushed than it was, he became more evasive with his answers. If she thought she was so smart, shouldn't she be the one to figure things out?

"Why else would a man bring a woman into his weyr?" He thought first to reach and pour her a drink, but quickly decided that he would rather jump right to the point. So what, if his patience ran out?

"May I ask You something, then?" Watching her eyes curiously, there was a glassy gleam of desire within them, as he tried to uncover the truth of her.

"Why did you come with me? You knew I could be taking you anywhere..." And with that, he reached for her hand again, guiding her up from the chair, but this time, it was with greater tenderness. Taking her book from the other hand, he set it beside them on the table and then stepped back toward the center of the room.

Veyani had come this far into the room on her own, he hadn't even blocked the door; she could have left at any time. But instead she made herself comfortable there. He couldn't blame her. It was a place created for his pleasure, so why wouldn't she find enjoyment in it, too?

S'jiro took them to a bed with sheets and blankets layered in pure white, sitting beside her upon it. While he held one hand of hers still, he reached with the other to caress with the backs of fingertips along the smooth skin along the side of her neck. Soon, he was laying her back, coaxing her with undeniably velvety kisses to that same side of her neck, which would probably have seemed unlikely of him considering their short history together.

While leaning over her, one hand lent to coaxing her mood with further caressing, and it was clear, that soon, there would be more to his touch than that.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:42 pm

“I don’t know.” She said innocently, feeling suddenly like she had made a bad decision to come along willingly. She knew this could be a possibility, why did she have to believe better of people than she should? Or perhaps something in her did not think being around him was so bad. His question and sudden interest in her were not lost on the girl no matter how innocent she might be. Emerene and her brother had both warned her to steer clear of men like S’jiro. There were plenty of good reasons to listen to them. However, she found her curiosity once again was getting the better of her.

“I have an inquisitive nature” She paused not allowing herself to leave it at that. “And I could not help but wonder where it might be we were going. So I followed you because I thought it would be interesting. It is interesting. I have never seen any place so nicely furnished. I could not know we were coming here…”
Veya allowed him to guide her off of the chair. Not realizing where things were headed until she was sitting on the bed with him. There was no denying he was attractive. There was also no denying she was very young and innocent to these sorts of things. No man had ever touched her as he had and while it was completely understandable to act on desire at the Weyr, it was not how she was brought up. Still she found herself incapable of resisting right away.

She sat there unmoving, unsure of what was happening. His caresses sent shivers through her body. There was a desire for him to kiss her as he was doing when he laid her down. Not for the first time she was glad she wore trousers instead of dresses. She was no longer going to be a statue. Before he could continue further she rolled away from him and scooted to the other side of the bed knocking a couple pillows off as well. Standing there she put her hands up as if to ward him off that way.

“Why are you doing this?” Her eyes were reproachful. She wasn’t going to allow him to kiss her again until he answered truthfully and even if he did, she might be running out of his weyr before long and back to his beloved staircase. She knew her face was flushed and her heart was racing in her chest but she could not in good conscience allow him to use her like a doll. He had plenty of women here who would do what he wanted, when he wanted. She was not going to be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Quiet places (S'jiro) 9af2612d-d79a-4382-baa9-fa2ff04c5e43_zps51cca87e

Once more, S'jiro didn't care about her answer. It may as well have been completely rhetorical. But as she could see, that didn't mean he didn't take other immediate interest in her.

S'jiro had wondered, and expected for her to fight back somehow, so it came as no surprise when she rolled off the other side of the bed to stand. Females often said 'no', but meant something entirely different. Most of the girls he'd been with at least knew how to act shy when it came to such things. He understood though, that this girl might very well be different.

Even if she truly meant to push him away though, his purpose had already been achieved. He had given her a startle by making sudden advances on her, and they already had people talking -which was what he'd hoped for. Her reputation would be on the line, if she cared for it. And for her, it could turn out one of two ways. Either people started to get to know her as a candidate who was loose with herself when she'd hardly arrived to the weyr -which would mortify most hold girls- or she would be the popular topic as S'jiro's new girlfriend and then be humiliated when he 'dumped' her later. Either way, he could manage to work the story to her great embarrassment. And if he got to have his way with her...then it was just icing on the cake.

“Why are you doing this?” Her eyes were reproachful.

If her reproach was not lost on him, then he was blatantly ignoring it. Seeing as though she had conveniently [for him] not moved far enough from reach, the Bronzerider swept across the bed, taking her wrist firmly again. Pulling her back onto the bed, he didn't seem to be giving her much of a choice. Shortly, he had Veyani on her back again, straddling her to hold her down, his hands took both of her wrists to pin them over her head.

"My answer is the same as my question before. Why else would a man bring a woman to his weyr?" He twisted logic then to benefit him, wondering just how far she would let him push her. Wondering if she was scared, or if what she really wanted was for him to teach her how to have a good time.

His voice was accusing, but it was also filled with lust; what man wouldn't be, given the proximity of their bodies. In that moment she seemed more fragile to him than perhaps even she wanted to admit. "Is it someone else's fault you walked in here? Just like it's someone else's fault that you knowingly intrude upon my space. Now you tell me 'no' so that you can blame this on me? You came to me on your own. I should have every right to do this."

For a moment, he paused, deciding then to give her the real answer to her question. "But you really want to know why I am doing this? So that I can say I did.. at least once. And I fully intend on making it enjoyable for both of us." It was a promise.

After that, S'jiro held her wrists overhead with just one hand, the other stroking gently down her neck until his fingertips reached her chest, fondling one breast while his lips went back to her throat.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Quiet places (S'jiro) Veyaheader4_zpsbfc433f8

She was wary of him but she was not quick enough to escape him, even though his intentions were perfectly clear. She struggled as he pulled her back onto the bed. Veya wasn’t concerned about her reputation, unlike what he might think. She was concerned with her self-respect. If she didn’t want to do this now, she didn’t have to. If he forced her, she would make no secret of it and go to the Headwoman and possibly the Weyrwoman. If nothing came of that, she would find other ways to make his life miserable. She knew how to prank people; revenge would only be a step further.

“There are many other reasons a man and woman might be in a weyr. For instance we could be talking instead, or having drinks or reading because the staircase is uncomfortable to you…” Let him be an asshole. She didn’t have to endure much of his crap if she kept herself ahead of him mentally. It would be a challenge but she refused to let him use her the way he wanted to. If she wanted to be with him, she could care less how soon after she arrived at the weyr something like this happened.

“I did come willingly but you did have my hand in a rather tight grip, if you recall and I did just explain that I find you intriguing.” It was a pity that she also found him arousing. They could have had fun together, if he thought through his plan better. Hmmm, she thought and her usual mischievous smirk came to her lips, accentuating her mole just above her lips. “Is that a promise?” Her eyebrow quirked, “How many women have you had?”

She went on to explain, “I don’t’ want my first to be with someone less experienced. A girl should have some standards. If I’m at the Weyr I need to have the best available.” Veya’s wrists were unusable but she wasn’t resisting S’jiro. “I had singled you out of course. Attractive Bronzerider would certainly be better for my reputation than some Candidate…”

Yes, stroke his ego, let him think she was interested in what he wanted and as soon as he relaxed. That was if he relaxed, if not, well he was going to force her either way.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 pm

While Veyani spoke, S'jiro found himself more and more amused. It seemed to him more like she was talking out of nervousness. Though she did talk a lot anyway, it seemed.

While he saw through her lie about seeking him out, because clearly their first meeting had been wholly by chance, the Bronzerider was more interested in her sudden concern in his own personal experience. She was totally nervous. S'jiro couldn't help but respond with a smirk at that.

The hand holding her wrists loosened just slightly, and he let his body relax enough that she could feel it. The expression of his eyes was enough to tell her that he had no real intention of forcing her to go through with what he was asking of her. He simply wasn't that kind of man. But he was glad to have given her a bit of a scare.

Meeting her gaze then with a mischievous expression to match her own, he let her see that his temperament was not severe as she must have believed it to be just moments before. Perhaps he'd been the one to trick her. The Bronzerider's brow quirked, still testing the waters to see just how far she was really willing to go, if say, he could tempt her to make that choice. After all, she'd just 'admitted' that she was willing to possibly let things go his way. "I might be the cause of a lot of trouble, but I do try my hardest to keep promises. What makes you think I'm more interested in a puppet than a woman with courage, anyway?"

The Bronzerider's words were more of a challenge to her than anything. He was fully enjoying the way she responded to him. As for her more intimate questions, he felt no need to answer; all he needed to do was make good on that promise.

Finally, he let go of her wrists, bringing that arm down where he could lean forward on it so that he was pretty much laying on top of her, but so that their eyes still met. His other hand rose to comb his fingers through her long blonde hair, stroking through it a couple of times a little adoringly, before fingertips returned to caressing along her neck once more.

There he waited for her reply. She was obviously free to make her choice, and he would let her. It didn't matter at this point which way she decided to go with it...what he'd intended had been done, and now he simply looked forward to making the rest of the night as enjoyable as possible -preferably by sharing it with her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 am

“Please don't stand so close to me
I'm having trouble breathing
I'm afraid of what you'll see right now
I give you everything I am
All my broken heart beats
Until I know you'll understand”

It was all so confusing. On the one hand she knew he was trying to hurt her, in some way. On the other she also knew it was unlikely that he brought every girl who upset his routine to his weyr. So why was she there? Why couldn’t he help himself, continuing to touch her? Was she as attractive to him as he was to her? It was all trivial really to the bigger question. Did she want to do this? This wasn’t the cothold, no one would shun her and it wasn’t as if twenty people hadn’t already seen her come into his weyr. And although it might have looked like he forced her to go with him, she had chosen to allow it. Though really, she could not see how she would ever be able to fight a man off being as slight as she was.

He could probably tell she was trying to think, as he caressed her neck. Veya had always thought her first time would be with someone who loved her, because hold girls believe things like that. She could hold out, wait till she impressed and then it would simply be with whoever caught her dragon. It was even less romantic than what was going on right now. Veya never did make decisions that other people understood. Any other girl would be running out of there now, as soon as he had relaxed, they would have been gone. Perhaps that she was not bolting out the door right away was a sign that part of her wanted to stay. She wanted to know what it was like.

Being loose was still not a good thing at the weyr but since when had she ever cared what other people thought of her? She was staring into his eyes and she knew he had her exactly where he wanted her. And that alone was frustrating but she was also exactly where she wanted to be. Regret might be hers later but she rather doubted it. If she went into this knowing she was only sating their mutual desires then there would be nothing to be sorry about. There would be no real emotion attached.

Suddenly she leaned herself up, so that she was using her elbows to prop her up. Veya didn’t really care how that messed up his position on top of her. “I have another promise you’ll need to make before we go any further. You’ll take me Between when we’re done. I want to Impress and I won’t have that ruined by a pregnancy.” Her mother was pregnant like every turn for twenty turns, that might be a slight exaggeration but she was from very fertile stock and she refused to be used for those purposes. It might be the first and only time she sounded the least bit ambitious about her future. She didn’t mind children but she wasn’t having any now and certainly not with someone who only wanted to play a game.

Once she was sure of his promise, she leaned forward more to plant an experimental kiss on his lips. She was unsure of herself. She’d never kissed anyone before. She pulled away from the kiss slowly. Eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:22 am

The Bronzerider watched her consider things carefully, and agreed to her stipulation of going Between without hesitation. Girls were always so worried and cautious about things like that. But in the end, he'd rather not get himself into trouble with the Candidate Master by ruining a perfectly good candidate by getting her pregnant, either. Not that the Candidate Master would have all that much to say to him..

"Sure. Zemarith will take you there, so that nothing happens." His tone of voice was velveteen and filled with reassurance. He'd continued to stroke her like a lover should until she leaned up and kissed him. That surprised him. But it was not unwelcome.

As she laid back onto the bed again, S'jiro managed to pull his own shirt off before he moved to unbutton her own. He was careful with the buttons -as he must have been careful with all of his possessions, being how well they seemed cared for. It must have been an odd thing, seeing as how cruelly he could treat people.

Hands moving to the fastening of her trousers after that, it didn't take long before they were both completely undressed. Picking her up, he moved her to the middle of the bed so that they could be more comfortable, sinking into the pillows and cloud-like, down comforters. Though the Bronzerider was lanky, not built with quite the bulk of physique that say, Sh'nar had been blessed with, he was still strong enough to do a dragonrider's work, and therefore, strong enough to carry her. And S'jiro's lean body was well enough defined to be attractive, even if he was very skinny.

Figuring that he had to start by playing nice and continuing to coax her mood, he moved on top of her again, kissing her lips so that their hands could do all of the talking. The Bronzerider now treated her more gently than he ever had, touching her with a more amourous kind of desire; As if they were lovers for other reasons than this game.  But it was all an act. A beautiful, if not cruel, act of trying to ruin her somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet places (S'jiro)   Quiet places (S'jiro) I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Quiet places (S'jiro)
Page 1 of 1