Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)   Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun May 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Tlina scanned the crowd for no other reason than to give herself a chance to reflect. She had not seen the newlyweds there a moment prior and she did not expect to see them there now. No, she had something else entirely on her mind. Tlina did not appreciate where this conversation was heading. She had merely been following N’kyr’s lead; she had only wanted to go to the kitchens and to poke around the new Hold. But of course, she would accept someone else’s suggestion just to have them throw it back in to her face as it had been her crazed scheme. She had been on the receiving end of this sort of behavior often enough from her mistress. She neither needed nor required the same said mistress’ brother. She may have been duty-bound to accept it from the little Lady but she had no such compulsions about it when it came to N’kyr.

The handmaiden whirled on the Bronzerider. Her sudden burst of anger was etched plainly on her face. “I am sick of your attitude, Weyr-Boy,” Tlina snapped. Her voice was not quite a yell but it was certainly up there; projection could be just as forceful as volume and it showed now. “I have been nothing but kind to you. You have been nothing but rude and argumentative in return. I may not be of the same station as you but that does not give you the right to abuse me so.” Tlina was so tired of constantly being put upon. Granted, most of it came from Galaeanyss but she had reached her fill and her wrath needed an outlet. N’kyr just happened to have to been the one present when she reached her tipping point.

“And I am ~not~ going to the private quarters with you, either. Get offa me~!” Tlina jerked her hand free from where it had been entangled in the hook of N’kyr’s arm. She did not keep her hands to herself though for as soon as her arm so was free she shoved the rider as hard as her two hands could.

Galaeanyss smiled kindly at Kier. Inwardly, she was less happy. This boy was incredibly dense. Here was this obviously eligible young woman of appropriate Rank and age showing far more skin that was suitable to one of her birth, caressing his arm and carrying on a conversation on the topic sex providers and his go-to response was ask how her family was doing? What did she need to do? Put it in writing? Hel~lo!

“I am sure they are doing just fine, Lord Kier,” Nyssa said, keep her tones sugary and sweet. “My parents went to congratulate the new couple.” Couple. Like what you could be a part of. Look at me, lust for me, fall for me, you idiot.

Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

PostSubject: Re: Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)   Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Weyr-boy? Rude? He was abusing her?

She was the one being rude trying to go into parts of the host Hold where they were not invited and now she was trying to pin it all on--

N'kyr stood there staring at the handmaiden incredulously for a moment, not even registering if anyone was taking notice of her yelling and then attempting to push him. He stumbled a bit in his surprise, though mostly held his ground.

He couldn't even form thoughts, there were so many fragments flitting through his mind as he tried to make sense of the situation. But, seeing as how things had gotten a little quiet around them, he finally noticed at least a few stares and straightened his spine. He hadn't been doing wrong, and he wasn't going to take being accused of it, especially publicly at that. "Very well. Good day, then," he told Tlina with a little bow that was mostly mocking, even if it was outwardly respectful as befit the son of a Lord Holder.

N'kyr then turned to walk away, not looking back or worrying that he'd left the handmaiden to fend for herself.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I am glad to hear that," Kier nodded. "It would distress me to to hear that any of your family members were unwell." Well, it would as much as it would for anyone he wasn't well-acquainted with. But it was only polite to say so. "On an occasion such as this, it would be unfair for everyone to be rejoicing if there were sadness or some other difficulties to be dealt with in your family." Then again, such days were for ignoring those problems, weren't they? At least that's what his mother said.

"Have you had the chance to sample the foodstuffs prepared for this special occasion yet?"
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

PostSubject: Re: Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)   Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Tlina was perturbed not only by her own outburst but also because N’kyr had been so rude as to not have toppled over the line of chairs when she had shoved him. It was a mixed bag of perturbation, as its cause was not only two-fold but also contradictory. Part of her wanted to apologize for her actions. The other part wanted to smack him for being so ‘him’. She could not decide which of the warring emotions was winning, so she opted for a third alternative: Tlina barked a growl and spun on the balls of her feet. She stormed out of the wedding area.

Galaeanyss was utterly indifferent to Kier’s well-wishing of her family. It was nearly the same feeling that she had toward her family in general. Even so, she did play along, offering the lordling her ‘most heartfelt thanks’ for his kind words. However, his asking after whether or not she had eaten did pique her interest. Perhaps he was more attracted to her than she had thought. This may yet work to her advantage. How unexpectedly delightful.

“Why no, I have not yet had a chance to sample them,” Nyssa replied sweetly. “If you would like, we could head th--.”

Nyssa’s words were cut short as Tlina snatched the little Lady by the arm as she strode passed. “We’re leaving,” the handmaiden announced huffily. She did not bother to slow her pace nor to explain herself.

Galaeanyss staggered as she was pulled along behind Tlina. It took several awkward sideways steps before she managed to regain her balance. Her initial reaction was shock. It was followed by concern for her own situation, which was in turn followed up concern for whatever Tlina’s problem may be. It looped all of the way back around to shocked concern for herself again. All of her good work was going to be ruined by excitable help. It figured. Nyssa waved with her free arm toward Kier in an attempt to mitigate the damage. “Have your parents talk to my parents,” she called back to the young man. “We’ll get together for a Sevenday!”

OOC: Not quite the way that I wanted to end the story, but I have to wrap it up. I am running out of time.
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

PostSubject: Re: Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)   Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 I_icon32Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Kier frowned slightly as Tlina suddenly dragged Nyssa off. He had no idea who the other young woman was, or why she would behave in such a manner-- surely if Galaeanyss had another sister, he'd know about it? Though the one doing the dragging didn't look like she fit into the family necessarily. And he supposed her dress wasn't quite as expensive-looking as Nyssa's. But that wasn't saying much, and it didn't tell him anything about what or who she was.

She must at least be a friend of Nyssa's, though, otherwise the event would never have happened, right?

Still unsure what to make of the situation, the young heir of Fort simply waved, still frowning, at Nyssa. Whether he would actually discuss visiting with her and her family with his parents remained to be seen-- his mind had yet to move on from the strange event it had just witnessed.

A moment passed where he watched the two girls leave, and then he straightened and looked around for his parents or another young lord or lady to spend time with. And if he found neither, he'd make his way to the buffet tables. There would be plenty of people to chat with there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)   Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome) - Page 3 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Telgar-Igen Wedding (all are welcome)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3