Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] Empty
PostSubject: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 am

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] Newgackt12_zpsf1ad4457

Rihan had kept this secret from his dearest Eolyn for quite long enough. Moreover, he'd been waiting for a certain special occasion to reveal to his wife the glorious private quarters he'd had prepared just for her. It was going to be his greatest gift to Eolyn, and for that reason, none of the Hold's staff were allowed to speak of it, should they have ever entered into it to keep the room clean while it was not in use.  

That special day that Rihan had been waiting for, had finally come, and so Rihan had kept the key to Eolyn's boudoir on his person, so that when they finally decided to retire, he could reveal it to her. That special day happened to be the first anniversary of their marriage. The day's events also revealed a great surprise to Rihan, for which he was grateful -his wife was once again pregnant. Rihan hadn't seen that same glowing joy upon Eolyn's face for some time, since they'd been through the loss of their first child. Today though, he wanted to keep that smile blooming. Eolyn's happiness was something he was wholly dependent upon. 

Instead of walking the full length of the crimson rug-lined hall that led to the private room they'd slept in together up until now, Rihan stopped, taking Eolyn's shoulders as he came up behind her, turning her to face another door. It was the door to that ever so secretive room that connected adjacent to his own. 

There, facing the door to her boudoir, Rihan wrapped his arms around his wife, nuzzling his face into her long blonde hair. His strong arms and hands held her against him, loving her still as deeply as the day they'd first met -or that day they married. "Are you sure you want to see this particular room, now, after all this time? I'm afraid you'll like it so much, I'll have to start sneaking into your room at night, just to see you."  At that, a low chuckle was breathed under his breath, laying a kiss upon Eolyn's head.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 pm

There was so much joy tonight that she could hardly keep herself from wanting to ignore his moving her in a particular direction rather than back to the room they shared. She of course had no idea what her husband had planned so she cautioned herself to be patient. She could certainly have time alone with him out of ear shot of any servants wherever he deemed was best.

Eolyn loved the feel of his arms wrapped around her, of him taking in the feel of her hair. She wondered at his ability to make her feel so loved and desired as if no other woman in the world existed. She knew it wasn't always the case with Lords and their Ladies but she loved him more than was normal and showed it in public more than was probably deemed appropriate.

He should have no fear of her not coming to be with him at night for she could think of no time of day she loved more than the time spent alone with him before sleeping. Her excitement at having the room opened for her at long last, took over, "Oh, yes, open the door. I promise you won't have to come looking for me every night." Rihan thought of everything.

She'd been wondering why he would never allow anyone in that room and now she would know. Well she kind of knew already, he had made sure the room would be perfect for her. So no matter how it looked, she knew she would love the room because he had made it for her. "But before we go in, I just want to say thank you Rihan. I love you, my dearest heart."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm

"Oh, yes, open the door. I promise you won't have to come looking for me every night."..."But before we go in, I just want to say thank you Rihan. I love you, my dearest heart."

Smiling in adoration at her words, Rihan kissed the top of Eolyn's head again. "I always love you, sweet Eolyn of mine. You just remember to keep that promise, though."

The smile turning wry and teasing upon her, he withdrew one arm from where it held her against him, letting that hand slip into a pocket to retrieve the key that belonged to her boudoir. Then, from over her shoulder, Rihan dangled the skeleton key before her, on a string. "If you disappear for too long without me, I will just have to come pick you up and carry you away against your will." Chuckling under his breath again, he added, "Would you like to do the honours?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Rihan was so full of surprises and it often made her wonder how much thought he put in to make her feel welcome here in Telgar Hold. He was certainly like no one she had ever met before, nor would ever meet again. Her heart fluttered just thinking about him and how wonderful he truly was.

His fear that he would have to come looking for her was unfounded though as she could reassure him, she would never be parted from him for long. She couldn't imagine her life without him to fill it. Giggling, she took the key that was offered, her small hand a little shaky with excitement.

"Here goes." she stepped closer to the door and inserted the key in its hole. Turning the key, she gently swung the door open. Before looking inside, she glanced back at Rihan, to make sure he was following her in. She wanted him in there so she could remember to thank him for every little thing she noticed.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 am

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] Rihanflower_zps8ba90a1e

Eolyn's nervousness in anticipation made Rihan smile. He couldn't help but find her giddiness exceedingly cute. Maybe it was one of the reasons he enjoyed surprising her -but on a day like today, knowing what was in store for her, her excitement could only make the surprise even better.

With a gentle prodding, he urged her to open the door, moving forward. "Don't be afraid." Chuckling, when she turned the key, and the knob to the door, he moved into the room behind her.

Perhaps even more resplendent than the Amber meeting room on the bottom level of their Hold, Eolyn's would walk in to a boudoir that was painted in midnight hues of rich lavender purple and blue. The walls of the room had been smoothed over perfectly by a mason's hand, so that none of the rough stone beneath the surface could be seen. The floors were left bare in that aspect, though a large rug in paler yellow-gold threads, had been laid to cover nearly the entire area of the room.

To opposite sides of the room, a fireplace with beautiflly carved, pale gold-painted mantle piece and similarly fashioned bed were situated, with a small conversational area of chaise lounges set between them. The bed was four-posted, draped in swags of heavier satin cloth, but also in a second layer of airier, silken charmeuse in a more morning-blue. The darker, heavier cloth was now drawn back in a way that framed the bed. Decorative tassels with glittering glass beads worked into them, lined the crown of the bed's framework, as well as the decorative pillows set out upon it. The mattress and blankets, not to mention the piles of pillows there, were more than a little luxuriant. At the foot of the bed was a covered bench.

Knowing Eolyn's gracious spirit, she would have been happy to have received just that much, but that was only the beginning of the detail and hard work he'd put into creating her private space. Rihan would not let her want for anything. For his wife, there would only be the best.

Off the walls, gold painted brass sconces were hung, and from the very center of the ceiling, a similarly sculpted chandelier. Each fixture was hung in spectacular fashion, with dangling glass crystals, much like stars, that reflected and scattered the light. The light drew attention to an artfully designed ceiling, but also to the sparkling gold leaf that had been painstakingly hammered into the fabric that covered furniture throughout the room.

From the comforters and pillows, to the curtains that covered the bed and windows, to the chaise lounges, their romantic motif of sun, moon, and evening stars had been worked into everything, to the finest detail. The fine gold metallic glittered from everywhere in the room -even very faintly from upon the paint on the walls.

No matter how glorious the rest of the room however, the ceiling alone, had been crafted to captivate onlookers in a sense of awe. At the center of the room, the chandelier had been hung from a carved molding of the sun, overlaid in warm, yellow-toned gold. Of course, Eolyn being Rihan's radiant Sun, she would stand at the center of the world there, where everything else revolved around it.

While the center of the room's ceiling was done in white outside of the magnificent sun itself, the colours gradiated to darker shades that then easily melded with the surrounding colour of the walls. So, at the room's corners, the moon, displayed in multiple phases, was more subtly placed and glowed slightly more dim, as though the moon faded into an ever watchful eye over the room. But across the rest of that gradually more blue and midnight-hued sky-scape created for her, the constellations visible from Telgar River Hold were drawn out in an array of of mercury silver. The pureness of shimmering mercury upon the ceiling brought the stars to life there, making it apparent also, that across the ceiling, a number of precious stones had been inlaid to mark the position of various planets that were known them. It was all a truly and unbelievably splendid display.

Obviously, for her, there'd been no expense spared. The wealth of the room was likened to no other in this Hold, nor in any other that Rihan had ever heard of. This most regal space of all Pern was Eolyn's alone, and he would have it no other way.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:28 am

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] D3994c82-f203-4eb2-8a94-9b1099cc2466_zpsa7ddfa68

As the door opened to reveal the room her husband had kept locked away for so long, her eyes went wide. The room was so much more than she had been expecting. She was almost afraid to touch anything or walk into the room but of course she would. The room was made with her in mind, after all.

She took a couple steps into the room in order to see it better. From the walls to the floors, to the ceilings, it was clear that Rihan had put much effort into making this room for her. Her eyes took their time, admiring one beautiful detail after another. Every so often, she took another couple of steps inside. The colors and the textures of everything it was overwhelming in it's splendor.

Eolyn couldn't say anything, she was speechless at the sight of the magnificence of the room she was standing in. She spent a long time, walking around the room, touching the walls, the furniture, admiring the decoration.

When she had come to the center, she turned her face up to the sun shape above her. The room was so beautiful and so thoughtfully made for her that she could hardly help but be emotional. Some tears gathered in her eyes which she wiped away with the small white handkerchief she had learned to carry with her. When she felt composed, although she was sure her face was now a little splotchy, she turned around to see if Rihan had followed her inside.

Her words finally coming back to her, "I... I can't believe this is all for me." How could she ever hope to deserve it?
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:48 pm

His eyes sparkling in delighted, a smile painted itself across the Holder's expression as he followed his wife into the room. The awe that captivated her was just what he'd expected, so he let his hands leave her, clasping them loosely at the small of his back while she took her time to admire the magnificent luxury and detail he'd spent so much time preparing for her there.

Rihan stepped into the room slowly behind her, and though he stopped near the center of her bedroom, his eyes continued watching her every move and change of expression. He couldn't help but be enormously pleased by her reaction to the great present he'd bestowed upon her.

Her words finally coming back to her, "I... I can't believe this is all for me."

When she came back to him at the center of the room, he was still smiling, and his gaze fully intent upon her. "There is nothing in this world that I would not do everything in my power to make yours, should you so desire it."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:14 pm

The young Lady Holder was so happy she was giddy with it. There was something wonderful about having someone care so much about her that he would offer her the world. And he knew that she would accept the world as long as it came from him. She stepped up onto her tip toes and wrapped her arms around his torso, allowing herself to hug him tightly.

Her voice was soft, even if what she said wasn't quite lady-like of her, "I can think of only one thing I desire at the moment. You." She peered up at him, wondering if he would want to try out the new bed with her. Eolyn had no doubt that her husband desired her too. He was simply less open when it came to physical displays of affection something she was slowly making him more accepting of. Mostly because when she was near him all thought of decorum went out of her head, all she wanted was to be near to him which often meant wanting to touch him in some way or another.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Rihan loved that Eolyn loved him. And he loved that she was fully appreciating her present. If there was anything in the world that he desired the most, it would be seeing his wife smile. He was so glad that he'd been able to do so. 

When she wrapped her arms around him, Rihan's smile deepened a bit, and instinctively, he returned the embrace, drawing his arms about her waist. Their thoughts after that, must have been similar, because after bringing his lips to kiss her, he tried make her blush by tempting her with naughty suggestions. "There is a bed right over there, that we make good use of."

Casting a glance back toward the open door that was half a room away, he added, "Should we bother closing it, or just make enough noise that no one will bother coming down the hall?" Not that many people came down this particular hallway, anyway, granted that this level and wing was strictly for the Lord and Lady's use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]   Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!] I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Joyful surprises -One Turn since Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn married! [Tags Eolyn!]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Telgar Hold :: Private Quarters-
Jump to: