Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 I_icon32Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:31 pm

"I will do everything I can to return as soon as the snows begin to melt in the spring." Axiar tried to think that that would be enough to appease her, but Nox was right; in the mean time, it was quite possible she could be approached with marriage proposals. What would happen if he didn't scoop her up and take her away with him now?

Really, there was no reason he shouldn't be able to. He wasn't the only agent that the Chorong kept at their disposal. But it was also possible that other demands might be made on him at that time should something unforeseeable come up.

Mentally, Axiar grumbled over the uncertainties, wanting to ruffle his hands through his hair in aggravation. But, leaving his arms where they were at instead, the rebel gave a soft sigh, continuing on another train of thought shortly thereafter, "Well.. on our first date we've made love and I've proposed to you, so what would be the harm in getting married?"

Though he didn't show it, Axiar felt his heart flutter excitedly. He couldn't believe he'd said it. In a spur of the moment decision, just like all the other times, he was offering to marry her tonight?

"We can go downstairs to make the barkeep our witness. We can speak whatever vows we want; make them ours. Promise ourselves to one another forever. Then there can be no doubt that I will come back for you. I'll even buy you a ring, tomorrow. You can pick it out." And at that mention, it was good that most Pernese wedding bands were relatively plain, without gemstones, or they'd be out of luck. Axiar was a simple man, wore no jewelry of his own, and had few Marks to buy her one with. It wasn't as though he'd come on this trip looking to get married.

More nervous by that point, than he had been any any other time since they'd been together, Axiar watched her hopefully. She might have noticed his slightly heavier breathing or the hesitation his his touch, but he couldn't help but to feel that way.

Marriage? That was a huge step for anyone to take.

Just before she could respond, he murmured under his breath, as though if he spoke up, his voice might start trembling like his heart did, "Let me take care of you always."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 I_icon32Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Noxaura nodded. Of course he would. Why couldn’t she trust that he had every intention of coming back for her. Things were progressing so quickly. She hadn’t been expecting any of this at all. Actually she was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. No matter what they did, how far they took this now, he would be leaving. He was willing to marry her now before he had anything set for them and she would have to wait still. Again the thought that he might not be coming back plagued her.

There was no harm in it. They were as far as she was concerned practically married but she did think perhaps he needed something else to come back for. If he had her for life already then maybe he would figure she could wait a bit longer. She didn’t like that thought at all, though it made a ton of sense to her.

“It would be easy.” She agreed but she did not say she wanted to marry him now.

Marriage was permanent. What if he fell in love with someone else while on his travels? Did she really want to hold him to this after only being with one another for a day? She didn’t think she did. Actually she knew she did not.

“We should get married someday.” She said softly, “But I think it is for the best if we wait.” Maybe he would take her words badly? Was there a way she could have said it differently, make it sound more excited and appreciative of his offer. It was amazing really when she considered she was falling in love with someone she didn’t know at all.

Despite what she had said about waiting, “If you love me forever, I will be yours forever. We just need to learn a little patience.” And make sure neither of them felt like they were making a huge mistake. Normally she would jump head first into something like this but she actually cared about what happened to them. Since she cared she had more to lose. If she had something to lose then she needed to think about the end result. She wanted him to come back for her and marry her. She wanted him to love her forever. Would he resent her later? She half considered taking it back.

However Nox took the ring she wore off of her finger and pressed it into his hand, “I promise to marry you when you come back for me. I will not marry anyone else, ever. You have my heart now and forever after. ”

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 I_icon32Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Axiar couldn't be mad at her. How could he be. It was all unexpected to the both of them; and he, being a quite passionate person, had dove head first into their new relationship. So, perhaps she was right, and he needed to slow down and let things take their course if things were going to go well.

That said, Axiar was quiet while she spoke, understanding that somehow she was hoping to console him about her feelings for him even though she'd turned him down just now; but she hadn't turned him down completely. That would have been enough, with her words alone, but then she pressed her ring into his hand.

Eyes glancing up into her own, even in the dim light, he imagined that she must feel very strongly for him if she was giving her ring up. It had already been an item of dispute between them once, but now she gave it to him freely? Only that he would have to promise to return it. That was was the ring was about. He would have to return it to her one day soon, and thus, he would have to come back for her. He understood. But then, at that future time, perhaps he would place another ring on her hand. One that she'd not stolen, but one that was given to her freely by him.

Though he couldn't do anything more with it now that place it on the bedside table so that it did not become lost in their bed, he turned back to her to kiss her lips again. The rebel found himself so completely taken by her. He knew that his thoughts, every moment of every day, would be of her. He would live for her and as soon as possible, return for her.

For now though, all he could do was console her again, with what few words he had. "I will keep it safe with my life, and soon return it to you -but only in exchange for you."

Axiar kissed her again, only more deeply, and at that point, rolled her onto her back again where he could straddle her, and taking her hands, interlock their fingers while pinning her arms wide to either side. His lips did not leave hers, kissing her desperately, as though he hoped to make up for the time between now and then. But he also started getting hard again, desiring to share his love for her again.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 I_icon32Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm

She could agree to those terms. In response to his words, she simply smiled. Noxaura met his desire with her own and before long they were continuing on into the night.

Before the light of dawn crept into the room, Noxaura was dressed to leave, she kissed him where he slept on his lips before rushing toward the door. If she didn't leave now, she would most certainly be seen and be in trouble.

She also knew she wouldn't be able to leave him, if he was awake. If they never had to be parted things would be better but they did. He had missions, she had her own life to set in order. But soon, she would see him coming back to her.

(end thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 4 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4