Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yearly Joy Jar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trouble

Trouble

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 pm

So I know we're all gonna start working out at the beginning of the year, but I ran across this on Facebook. Pretty sure I've shown it to everyone but here it is just in case.

Yearly Joy Jar Goodthings_zpsf216c8a0

I thought perhaps we could do something similar here on the forums. When something good happens drop a little note here.

<3 ya'll so much!
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 am

'Lissa, you ought to resize the picture so that the text all fits on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am

yay! I like this idea. ^.^ Soon we'll have a thread for the weight loss challenge too. I'll work on it over the holiday weekend this fri or soemthing.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am

The weightloss challenge? I have already lost about a hundred pounds. I am only at around 120 now. My individual ribs are visible. I cants be losin' much more weight.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Unlike Marc... the rest of us have a few extra pounds (like more than 20) that we could do without. So we're competing to see who can lose the most to help motivate us all. Starting in January. Marc, if you want you can be our cheerleader. There are going to be times when we would all like to give up and we're going to need support from everyone on here.

Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Aw, what are you talking about? You are lovely just the way that you are.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Lovely perhaps. Healthy? Probably not. I'd personally like to live without diabetes and high blood pressure too...
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, if you fell that you truly must, I shan't stop you. Instead, I share offer a tidbit: if buy chocolate cake mix and add its powder to lite pumpkin pie filling rather than the traditional ingredients, you will get a cake the same consistency and flavor as a normal chocolate cake but with a mere six grams of fat.
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Nice job on losing weight! I could stand to lose a good 50 lbs, at least, myself Razz

Just pumpkin pie filling and chocolate cake mix? Or other things, too?

We like to make a cake that uses pudding, eggs, and cake mix-- with flavored chips on top. And use no-fat pudding and egg beaters. Which helps lots to cut out the fat-- all the little tidbits help! Smile
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 pm

No, just the pumpkin and the cake mix usually works. It moistens, thickens, and sweetens. So it takes the place of eggs, sugar, and water. Sometimes you might need a touch of water to help with the mixing, but not often.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm

mm that sounds wonderful.. most of my baking ive been able to use stevia instead of sugar (just some things it won't work for if sugar needs to be melted for whatever reason like making ur own syrup base for homemade lemonade etc). Sometimes instead of using oil where recipes call for it, for the holidays, I'll use organic maple syrup to add extra richness to the flavour. santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:05 pm

I have never thought of melting sugar for lemonade before. I shall have to try that.

Wait a moment.... Isn't all maple syrup organic? It comes from a tree after all. A tree's blood. Yummy!
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm

just make sure the syrup doesn't have all sorts of additives in it or fake crap to make it sweeter or whatever, I guess. Wink

That's how you make lemonade from scratch silly. ^.^ Take one part water to one part sugar and bring your water to boil in a pot, reduce temp to a simmer and stir in your can sugar till it melts. you'll feel it thicken a little. It'll keep in the fridge for a couple weeks. usually I just make a cup of ea to 2 cups of ea at a time. and ithink it's like.. 2/3 cup of the finished syrup per 8 med to large size lemons squeezed/juiced. Or just to taste.
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Just stab the maple tree and drink what comes out! You can do that with some other trees, too. Sycamores. Birch. Pines.

That is complicated lemonade you have there. That is not the way that we did it. We were poor. We didn't have all of those fancy-pants rich things like... fire. We just squeezed two lemons in to a cup, added a spoonful of sugar and drank it. It was bitter.

And now, I think that I need sleep. Tootles.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

haha. yah but then the sugar makes it more gritty >< haha. But go get'chur sleep ^.^ nitey nite.
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm

The sugar helped to hold back the bite of the undiluted lemon juice.

Indeed, I shall! It is getting close my forty-hour mark. I just need to finish up a postie first (not for here).
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Haven't added anything here for a while, so thought I'd start! we should take advantage of this thread more. ^.^

I'm really grateful right now for a great group of ladies that I get to write with and gossip with every day, even though we're a small group right now. I really have fun with y'all. ^.^

second, I'm really grateful that I get to be going back to school! It's hard sometimes, but not everyone in the world gets to go to school, and I really continue to look forward to the journey of finishing school, because I really don't know what all could happen between now and then. So much could happen with me going back full time (theoretically) next year, and not working and living on my hubby's pay check alone. That makes me nervous, but it'll be an interesting change lol. Anyway, i'm really happy about school.

I'm also super grateful about my hubby's job he got a couple months back. It's been a huge blessing and i hope that it helps us a lot when i'm back to school full time, enabling me to do so without having to worry so much. It's also allowed us to be able to go on this trip to Mexico next week Smile yay!

Then there's that! I'm SUPER SUPER excited about going to D.F. (Districto Federal. A.K.A. Mexico City) to see the GazettE LIVE! ^.^ watch me fan girl squeel all the way there! >D starting NOW! lol It seems a little unreal, so I keep thinking that something is bound to go wrong because it's too good to be true, but still.. SUPER excited! And BTW, their new singles album is kick ass. Fadeless is awesome!

Hmm. other than that, I'm happy to have three cutie kitties at home who are all mommas kitties and look for me and cuddle in my lap lots. And I'm grateful we started going back to church this last week....>.> even if I did get sucked into spending two hours in the primary class room with 15 1 and 2 yr olds. -.- Bane of my existance.

^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yearly Joy Jar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly Joy Jar   Yearly Joy Jar I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Yearly Joy Jar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC :: Everything OOC :: OOC Chatter-
Jump to: