Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Although no one could make promises she couldn't see how she would be anywhere else. They had planned to be with one another somehow. Even if it meant he stole her away in the night. There was no reason unless something happened to one or both of them that they wouldn't be with each other.

The sounds around them were calming. It was nice to feel they were alone even if there was a farmer around here somewhere. Gasping in surprise as she was suddenly moved into the tall wheat crop. With her brown eyes wide, she watched him but didn't resist because she didn't know what to expect now.

As he lowered her to the ground, she felt like a doll being maneuvered where he wanted. She looked up into his beautiful golden eyes and let herself be eased to the ground with him laying above her. Just the two of them would be rather nice, she decided. A smirk on her face. IF he wanted her on the ground he could have simply told her but he had more fun shocking her.

They didn't have to say much to one another, she laid still, allowing calm breaths to fill her chest. Mostly because what he had done was unexpected and had excited her so she didn't want to seem overeager to be laying with him. But then he knew she was always trying to be in control of her world and he came in and disrupted that control.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Axiar certainly had little remorse for upsetting her peaceful world, because even though it had been peaceful, it had been miserable, as far as he could tell. So, any amount of turning things up side down must have been welcome, he supposed. Anyway, that was how it seemed. He knew he'd seen the excitement in her eyes -and she'd long ago stopped resisting him.

Perhaps that is what she wanted though -for someone else to be strong and supporting of her in the life that she chose, instead of having to struggle every day to be strong enough to survive in a world she hated. In a way, he could appreciate that. He too, found excitement in that.

As the two of them lay there, Axerim let his expression relax so that his mouth hinted at a smile while his warm eyes still danced, obviously sharing in her amusement. Here, they could hide and not have to worry about the goings on in the world around them. They could temporarily forget everything else. So, after briefly meeting her eyes, he rested himself on his side next to her, leaning his head into one hand. Lifting his chin to the sky then, his pleasure seemed to be caught on the wind, carrying his gaze to the clouds while he was absorbed in their moment of togetherness, happy just 'being'. He was relaxed in her presence, and quietly thoughtful again, thinking that within the next few days, he would come to her home and leave with her, making her family believe that perhaps she'd simply run away or been abducted. He wondered if perhaps she would leave a note behind, for them to find.

"There are no holdless where we are going. They are respectable people who like to make their own path through life, not being dictated by anyone." The words may have been a hint at their rebel affiliation, but freedom from too much dictation was something that many people could appreciate. Surely Noxaura too, didn't like anyone telling her how to live her life or who she would be loyal to for the rest of it.

"I did not always like it there, but my father was there, and I wanted to be able to look up to him. I wanted him to be a part of my life. So, I decided to follow in his footsteps, thinking that the more i devoted myself to that, the more he would appreciate having a son." He didn't specify just how close a relationship he had with his father, but his words certainly didn't emphasize that he and his father were incredibly close. Still,.. though their relationship wasn't what Axiar necessarily wanted it to be, Axiar could feel close to his father because of their pursuit of the same goals, and the measure of assistance that he gave his father in those things. As long as they worked together, side by side, then Axiar could at least feel somewhat fulfilled in that regard.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 Dffa90ba-c7d4-4fc4-b673-b697f3d46328_zpsc4itvew6

Once he moved from being on top of her to his side, she was able to look upward at the sky without obstruction of view. Sometimes words were not necessary although she was used to keeping her thoughts to herself around the simple folk living at the Settlement. The less she said the better around her family of late anyway.

It was almost sad that the person who knew and understood her best was Axiar and he had spent very little time with her. Either that spoke to his nature or the other people around her were not observant. While she looked into the blue sky above her, she felt her breathing become more restful. He would be relaxing as well now. Since no one could see them and they were completely alone, they had no reason to be concerned they would be overheard.

As he spoke of his home she closed her eyes. Nox wasn't sure what to expect from this line of conversation however the more he spoke the more at ease she felt. Axiar seemed to understand now why where he lived would be important to her. That he had his father in his life sounded like it was a good thing. More importantly, she liked the sound of freedom. Having less rules was more her style, unless she was the one making the rules.

"And does he appreciate you as his son?" Nox turned her head to the side and opened her eyes to look at him as if trying to determine the truth of his emotions should he try to hide them.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 pm

He would have been thrilled to know how Noxiaura felt about how keenly he'd been able to read into her heart, but however insightful he may have been, Axiar still couldn't actually read minds. A pity, that. He would have teased her mercilessly in his own way, were he able to. Though it wasn't as if he didn't find ways of getting into her mind and picking on her, already. Their jokes though, didn't always seem like jokes. Not the kind that most people may have pulled on one another. Not when Axiar liked to test his and her limitations.

That aside, Axiar let his eyes fall on Noxaura, glad to feel her relax beside him. It was a good sign, he thought, and it made him more readily anticipate the time when he could come to her and take her away from the place she hated most, so that they could make their own home together. He looked forward to that day.

Not expecting the question she turned on him then, though he supposed he walked right into it. So, Axiar gauged her expression for a few moments with solemn sincerity in his gaze before finally speaking up; though he did so wearing a tentative smile, voice tinted with amusement, "I'm sure that is the case when we are working together. I'm quite sure of it."

Though the smile he wore still hid the measure of happiness he felt in light of having a relationship with his father, given the opportunity to work hard to make him proud every day, his feelings couldn't remain completely submerged beneath his usual stoic visage, as his eyes brightened enough to give him away.

"For a long time I didn't know him, so when my mother passed away and I was sent to live with him, I was happy to have the chance to know him and make him proud."

The longer they lay there together with Axiar gazing down at her, and the more confident he became in his decision to abduct her in the night and take her away from this place, the more honest he felt that he should be with her. He simply didn't think that he could take her from her family, even if she was completely willing, without her knowing the truth of the company she'd be in. Whether or not he might be keeping her from conflict that may still break out, here in the north, or whether or not she had romantic thoughts about their running away together now, in the future those romantic thoughts may fade and reality may set in; and he was still afraid that may be a reality she didn't wish for, even if it was with him. So, he spoke her name in sober tones, letting his back lay flat against the ground next to her with one hand back behind his head. The other sought her hand. There, he tried to relax again, letting his eyes drift skyward, but inevitably, he felt a little anxious just then.

"Noxaura. If I'm going to take you with me when I leave here, I have a responsibility to tell you the truth."

A grimace should have plastered itself all over his expression as he was about to break his rule of keeping the 'mystery alive' in their romance. Silently, he cursed at that sense of responsibility instilled in him. They'd been having so much fun; though he supposed telling her this much still left a lot untold.

"My mother left my father when I was very young, because he betrayed Telgar. My father is still a Rebel." Breathing a pause into his words he finished, "That makes me a Rebel, also... Though, it wasn't always that way."

Axiar waited to feel her pull away from him albeit, even if the new information wound up being a revolting revelation, he didn't think she was the kind of girl to scream to draw the attention of anyone nearby enough to take notice. And as he tensely waited for her reply, Axiar was unable to bring himself to look at her again, just yet.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Noxaura was more than likely to be thinking of her own comfort and happiness than to consider what that might mean for Axiar. Actually she had thought more about his feelings than she normally did for people other than herself. If he realized that she had been considering what he thought about their future together as much as she had, then he might be able to use that against her. To be completely honest, she didn't want him to have information like that. No matter how much she trusted him, she never wanted to give him information he could use to gain the upper hand.

His defense of his father's relationship with him made her wonder if it was really as good as he imagined it was. Axiar was no different than she was in his need to have someone who cared. The affection of father to son would be something he desired. She could understand that even if she didn't quite empathize.

Focusing on listening to him for now, she didn't say much. When his hand sought her own, she made sure her fingers entwined with his own. Again, she didn't say anything but let him say what it seemed like he didn't know how to say to her. Nox wasn't the most patient woman in the world either so waiting quietly could be difficult. However, knowing what they were about to start together, she managed to hold her tongue.

If he took her? What was that about? She hid her irritation at his uncertainty. Nox thought they were getting somewhere. And she had never much cared for the truth, not when lies were so much more interesting and less hurtful. She wasn't sure she wanted to know the truth.

When he told her the truth he had dreaded, she turned her head sideways to look at him and laughed. "So you're saying I was right?" And if he was expecting that to scare her off, he had another thing coming. "I don't think you've gotten it through that thick skull of yours." She added, "I want to go with you, no matter what. I don't care if it is dangerous." Actually the thought that it might be was rather exciting. The Rebels were a threat to Telgar right now, so she was pretty sure Axiar was telling her this in order to say he didn't know if it was a good idea for her to go with him. But of course she would go. Even if he didn't take her with him, by the first egg, she was getting out of here.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Good relationship with his father? In his mind it was as good as he could have ever hoped. Because he had a father now, and that was more than he'd had before. That relationship he knew though, was different than many father-son relationships. At least, different than others he could remember seeing, but in defense of that relationship with his father, he was hardly willing to become critical of what affection his father gave him. He was far more ready to accept and appreciate what he had.

Had Nox admitted to thinking of him more than she usually thought of others, Axiar would have been pleased. Likewise, she should have known that he rarely showed such open affection for others. Even his own father -his last known living relative- was barely on that list. Such a show was rare. So, when he smiled up at the sky in response to her, taking her hand for a gentle squeeze, it could only be that he was truly thrilled that Nox was determined to leave the Settlement to return home with him. Even if she wanted to keep her secrets. 

Secrets were simply something they'd have to learn to live with.

Nevertheless, Axiar had given her one last chance to back down from his offer to take her away from this place. Perhaps as expected, she only confirmed her willingness to go with him. Certainly the girl's courage never ceased to amaze him. Being independent as she was, would only serve her well in the future, going to a place like a cothold ruled by the Chorong. For that, he was grateful. 

Lips parting in a chuckle, Axiar closed his eyes for a moment, once more appreciating the brazenness of her verbal response. "I'll admit you're right. This time."

Curling his fingers through her own more securely, he thought that in the future he'd be glad to have her at his side; the two of them being together. 

"I suppose I should prepare myself then, if being a public enemy of Telgar does not scare you. What can?"

The question was rhetorical and aimed more at teasing her, though he pondered what trouble she might be inclined to getting into if something like being labeled a traitor didn't bother her. Of course, her freedom of choice was obviously valued over any label society might pin on her, and that sort of thought would fare well in the community of rebels. Perhaps she would fit in quite well, there.

"I will come to get you then. In a few days. We don't have to say anything to your parents unless you prefer it that way. It may just be easier to leave a letter."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun May 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Secrets were normal to her. She kept her own secrets all the time. There were things that other people did not need to know. There were things she didn't want people to know. If they couldn't figure things out on their own than she wasn't going to tell them. Dumb people shouldn't be given the answers to their questions, they should be forced to look into things for themselves. And that was the same for anything someone wanted to know about her. They had better be willing to do some of the digging themselves because she was not going to be forthcoming.

Noxaura smiled at the feel of her hand being squeezed. She was happy. One did not need to know her secrets to know that. Axiar was of course going to have to get used to her being right. She enjoyed it far too much to allow herself to be wrong very often. "Yes, well you had better get used to that. I'm not accustomed to being wrong." Or being told she was wrong for that matter.

"A little fear can be good. I don't intend on living my life afraid. It is better to acknowledge the fear and then do what you want anyway." It was a bit thrilling to do things that initially might scare her. She might even say the adrenaline created a sort of high for her.

A few days sounded like eternity. She had been patient till now. She really had been. Half rolling to her side so that she could look down at him, "I'll write them a letter." Despite being agreeable her eyes were a little troubled. "Days." She said, pliantly. "Sounds like forever." With a sigh, she moved back to lying on her back, looking up at the sky. She'd waited longer but with him there it was so much harder to wait.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun May 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Glad that Noxaura proved once again that she did not lack the courage to leap head first into the unknown future, Axiar looked over at her. Watching the expression in her eyes as she  propped herself up on her side to meet his eyes, and finished talking, the man nodded. 

All was well, then. Save the fact that she did seem a little impatient. He couldn't help but smirk at that. Her impatience was kind of cute.

"Have your things ready as soon as you can. If something happens, I may need to come for you earlier than anticipated." He still had the feeling that the Chorong were planning something big and that it might not just have to do with whatever was going on at Southern Telgar right now.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun May 17, 2015 6:38 pm

...Days later...

As Axiar had suggested, she had packed right away. She didn't want to be unprepared if anything should happen to his plans. There was a small nagging thought that he might not come for her. What if he decided on his own that it was too dangerous? Or maybe he would back out of it because he was unsure of their future together in a way she never would be?

Her anticipation had not gone unnoticed by everyone. Her half-sister made a comment about her pacing around the shop for days. Noxaura was impatient to leave. Pacing was a way to keep herself distracted. She was still able to sell things and in fact when she had someone in the shop to sell too, it was easier. Time went by faster.

In fact, she probably would not have bothered to man the shops at all save for it's ability to make time go by a little faster for her. She was packed and though it wasn't much, she had a couple of her outfits, her special things and that was about it packed into a small bag and a pouch. She also may or may not have dipped her pretty little hands into the family's marks earned at the shops. Her share, she figured.

Noxaura was pacing the shop when she saw Axiar outside, talking to another young man. FINALLY! She made up some excuse that she needed some air and went out into the street till she caught up to Axiar. "Hey!"She said, trying to get his attention and greet him at the same time. "You made it." She said more quietly. If she had interrupted their conversation she wasn't sorry.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm

It wasn't but a few paces from the shop where Noxaura's family ran their business that the two rebels, Axiar and Yeoun had been talking, discussing that the peace in the region may just break in the next few days. Though Axiar had no idea what murder was about to transpire in Telgar, he recognized the authority of the Chorong's heir, and beyond that, knowing that he served as an extension of their General Galedon, Axiar felt no reason to question his comrade. 

Yeoun having noticed Nox's approach before he did, the conversation abated as Axiar turned to look over his shoulder at her. Joyful recognition in his golden eyes, he was suddenly glad he'd already informed Yeoun that he was taking a person back to the rebel cothold with him, though he doubted Yeoun would be heading the same direction. They would likely part ways very soon. Both of them had their own business to attend.

"Noxaura."  

Axiar's voice broke what would have been an uncomfortable quiet between them all, given the fact that Yeoun stood near him still, but in stony silence, his countenance appearing not the least bit amicable. Instead, his eyes seemed unnaturally dark, perhaps even severe in their scrutiny, but he said nothing to reveal if his manner may simply have been due to the topic of discussion they'd been on about moments earlier. 

Axiar continued, "I was going to look for you soon. It seems we'll be making a run for it, today."

Not inquiring as to whether or not she was ready, Axiar assumed that she was. He assumed her to be a capable girl and if he questioned her he would only make her defensive. It would be more fun to watch her efforts to keep up with him when they made their escape from the Settlement before anyone else could catch up to them -or discover that she was gone. Of course, he had no real doubts that she would fare just fine. 

After pausing for a moment, he interjected quickly before Nox could respond verbally; whatever the case, he dind't want to be considered rude for not introducing Noxaura to a man who was probably in her eyes clearly a comrade. 

"Noxaura, this is Yeoun. Yeoun, the lady I informed you of."

He wasn't sure what else there was to be said. Nox could strike up the conversation if she wanted, but the way that Yeoun eyed her made him unsure of whether or not she'd be so inclined. However, if the girl was indeed inclined, Yeoun would not avoid polite words with her. Yeoun might be skeptical, but he wasn't rude.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue May 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Her usual, curious self. She wondered about what the two men might have been discussing before she had come over to them. It was likely something she wasn't supposed to know, which only added to her interest. Beaming at Axiar, "Today." She acknowledged the plan. Of course having been packed for days, letter written too, she did not have to prepare. All she had to do was grab her bag. The small pouch of valuables, she kept near and dear to her so she happened to already have it on her person.

"A pleasure to meet you, Yeoun." Noxaura said as she had been trained over and over again to do. Having no idea who he was, or how he knew Axiar, Noxaura was not sure that it was a pleasure. But the young woman could act, better than most, and the lie rolled off of her tongue in such a way as it would sound believable. She did not apologize for interrupting. It simply wasn't in her nature to do so. Even if she apologized it would be a lie to say so. She was not at all sorry for interrupting. She'd been waiting for Axiar for much longer than this other person.

In the moment after, she stood next to Axiar and took his hand in her own. The gesture could easily be hidden by the skirt of her dress should anyone be looking. Gossips were everywhere, especially among these Holdless. They could not be trusted but even if they told things to her parents, it was too late. She was leaving.

"I'd offer to take you to my parent's for something to eat or drink but they are not accustomed to young men coming around with mysterious occupations." Not that her sister didn't have a suitor but he was dull as dirt with a steady occupation. One that their parents approved of.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 am

Mysterious occupations, was it?  The woman's words made Yeoun quirk his brow in a way that was barely noticeable, and lasted no more than a split second, though his eyes had fixed on her even more intently. Yeoun knew that Axiar must have told her his affiliation since the man was taking her back to the rebel cotholds with him, but he had to wonder just how much she'd told him. He doubted that the man had revealed more than he was supposed to -or information where he wasn't supposed to. Still, the words had made him curious for a moment.

When Nox resorted to more briefly exchanged pleasantries, Yeoun finally reacted with a courteous if not somewhat shallow bow from the waist. She was a lady after all, and deserved to be treated with due respects.

"Miss Noxaura." Again acknowledging her, if he'd been the same person that he was several months ago, he would have afforded even greater gestures of kindness in this instance. Given his current position however, he was rarely inclined to show kindness in an overt manner. If one day he were going to take Galedon's place as the head of the Chorong, he had to appear a model of immovable and uncompromising force in front of his future inferiors -Axiar being one of them. There were other eyes which may have been watching as well. 

For all of that, Yeoun regretted, but he could not show it.

Turning his gaze back on Axiar, Yeoun cautioned, "I will need those writs before you leave here. Have them delivered to me as soon as you can." The man's eyes danced once more between the couple now holding hands before giving the two of them a fair warning. It was likely something Axiar had already worried about, but if this was all he could do to show them his kindness, Yeoun would say it. Though, it also half-sounded like a threat, to his own ears, knowing that if Axiar ever betrayed the rebels, he now knew the man's weakness which might be used against him -Noxaura, "Use caution, from here. The more you care for her, the more danger she will be in."

Understanding all too well, but with never the intention of not fulfilling the missions given him, Axiar bowed his head in deference to Yeoun, acknowledging both the warning to care for her, and the threat that Yeoun might pose if he were betrayed.

"As requested."

With that, Yeoun bowed his head once more in the direction of the lady and turned to leave.

Axiar at that point, had his eyes on Noxaura to gauge her expression. He hadn't intended for her to meet Yeoun, but it may have happened one way or another. He just hoped that any of this became a deterrent to her having decided to escape with him.

"Nox. You should collect your things. Is there somewhere that would be easy for you to meet me in just a few minutes?"  He had this one last thing to accomplish, and then they could be on their way. He had runners waiting outside the gates of the hold for them, but he'd planned on escorting her to that point, and helping her carry her things. He had no idea how much she might have packed. He also didn't know if she might run into any trouble, if her family caught her sneaking out with packed bags.

[which would be funny if happened unexpectedly >D ]

Weeks earlier, Axiar and other agents had been sent out to steal the imprints of official seals used by a few select minor holders and their stewards in order to conduct their hold business. The rebels had used them to produce forgeries of documentation with false directives that would confuse the Hold Guard. Likewise, they would provide fake correspondences that, when found, provide connections between the present 'coup' in the south to those whom the rebels wanted to take the blame. Those who would be held responsible for the uprising would obviously deny their involvement, but the evidence would be clearly stacked against them in several ways, as arranged by the Chorong. And there would be the use of official seals to be attested. What holder did not highly guard the use of his official seal? He would be considered incredibly negligent to suggest that someone else had used it. Those holders would also have no explanation for just how such forgery got into circulation. They would have no real way of defending themselves.

In the mean time, Yeoun would be helping Rihan 'discover' some of those being framed by coming upon a couple of those forgeries himself, presenting them as proof to the future Lord Holder.

It was a trick that they would likely use again to their advantage, when it came to Sorcha's assassinating Lord Holder Matoi as well. They would create confusion and miscommunication within the Hold's walls, giving her the opportunity to escape by redirecting guards to other locations throughout the compound, leaving her path relatively free of obstruction. Getting her into the hold would not be as difficult given that she would be entering as a worker, not easily suspected of her unlikely affiliation. Yeoun too, would be entering secretly to provide her assistance. 

Before he and Noxaura left Telgar River Hold then, Axiar needed to procure the forgeries that Yeoun was expecting; that way, in a couple of days he could present them to Rihan. 

So, Axiar awaited Nox's response, growing ever more eager for the day to progress to that point where they could leave here together, and start their own future.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu May 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Yeoun was respectful, if cold, toward her but Noxaura did not seem to care. There was obvious business between both men. She didn't need to know what, nor did she think it was something she was supposed to know. Her fiance seemed to act normally and so she concluded the men had done this sort of thing before. Yeoun might be Axiar's superior from what it looked like. Still there was nothing she could say.

Even as the half-threat was issued by the Rebel, she didn't feel at all unsure of her future. Squeezing Axiar's hand in encouragement she smiled at him because being his weakness meant she could also be his strength. They would be able to rely on one another for whatever they needed. He should not worry about his profession bothering her. If it had she would have said so before.

She of course could not know that there might be times where she might find it too close to Holdless activities to really understand it. Noxaura wanted to believe everything they did together would go right. Everything would be perfect. A happy ever after tale. First thing was first though, she let go of his hand, resisting the urge to kiss him there in front of so many people including her sister who was likely watching from the shop front.

"I'll be quick." She said, turning her head to look over her shoulder to see him for another moment before she finished walking back into the shop. "Excuse me." she said, brushing past her sister and rushing up to their shared room. Her packed bag was ready, waiting for her.

Slinging the leather bag over her shoulder, she walked back down the stairs to see her mother and stepfather with her half-sister.

"Where are you going?" Her mother asked, truly at a loss for what was going on.

Noxaura's smirk was not what they were expecting, "I don't exactly know. I'm not going to talk to you about it. Everything is in the letter I've left on my bed."

"She was with a young man." Her sister interjected.

"In what way?" Her step father asked, obviously assuming the worst. Someone had taken advantage of her. Though Nox thought it was a bit unfair to assume she would let anyone take advantage of her.

"They were holding hands..." Her half-sister again, her voice growing softer.

"Is that all?" He asked, making sure the other girl knew how serious he was taking this. Hopefully no such ideas perverted his own daughter's mind.

"That is all I saw." She confirmed.

"I don't have time for this." Nox said, looking at the people blocking her way out. "I'm leaving. Read the note."

Her mother and step father were not moving. "Are you leaving with a man?" Her mother's voice trembled in disappointment.

"I am. We're engaged." She would wait for the shock to hit and then make a break for it.

"ENGAGED!" Her step-father shouted angrily. He was supposed to be marrying her off to some other merchant, surely. Noxaura did not care. It wasn't her concern. After all, he hadn't consulted her about whom he wanted her to marry.

"Yes and I'm leaving." Noxaura managed to get past her mother and her step father, who was now shouting that she was not welcome back if the man left her destitute, unmarried and ruined. As if she would ever return to this shells hole.

Noxaura soon arrived where she was to meet Axiar. Hopefully he had enough time to do what he needed.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu May 28, 2015 9:01 pm

After Yeoun departed, Axiar watched Noxaura rush off to collect her things. Watching after her for a moment, his gaze looked beyond her, reaching toward the shop where she and her sister had been working earlier. Suspecting just as Nox did, that the other girl had been watching, he deliberated over whether or not he should run his errand and then linger near her home to make sure that she escaped without having her path impeded by her family. Trusting though, that she would know best how to escape, he decided to leave it up to her. Though... if she were more than half a candle mark in making it there to meet him, he would return to find her. Just in case.

Axiar finally turned to run off in another direction, zig zagging his way through tight alleys until he reached the obscured back entrance to a shop. Glancing in both directions to make sure he wasn't being followed or watched, the rebel slipped inside without a sound.

Making his way to the interior of the shop, he managed to find the owner easily. The man promptly recognized that he was no longer standing there alone, but it was with a bit of a start. He'd obviously not heard Axiar coming up behind him until he got there.

"Oh! I didn't hear you come in."

"Are they ready?" The rebel leveled an impatient stare on the man responsible for the forgeries and fake seals.

"I do."

The store owner picked up a parcel with the necessary items wrapped in a cloth and tied securely so that nothing came loose.

"If you want to check that everything is there. But I assure you I wouldn't deceive you." If not just to protect his own livelihood.

Axiar was too cautious though to not double check the contents to assure they hadn't been betrayed, so he snatched the package from the man's hand and opened it. Seeing that everything was there, he quickly retied the contents in the cloth and dropped a few marks into the man's palm.

"It seems you you value your life. You should always do so. It is in both our interests to work for mutual benefit. If I hear you ever betray us, I will return; and if you still value your life, you'd better not be here."

Turning on a heel to exit through the same back door from where h'd come, Axiar checked to make sure he wasn't followed or being watched as he left.

Moving down the alley, he spotted a white chalk mark on the wall as he passed, and knowing that to be a sign, dropped the package on top of a barrel as he walked by. Not stopping to see who came after him, another man showed up only moments later, collecting the package and tucking it into his satchel, heading off to the next point of delivery. Axiar however, was free of his duty here, rushing to the place where he would meet up with Noxaura.

It was too out of the way to head back to her house at that point, though he'd backtrack if he had to. So, for now he took the shortest path to their meeting spot. It only took him a couple of minutes to reach the location, and it was to his relief that Noxaura was already there. She couldn't have been there for long though, waiting.

Rushing up beside Nox, Axiar said nothing, but grabbed her hand. Giving it a squeeze for reassurance, he looked into her eyes to see the excitement at play there.

"Ready? If we hurry, I know of a cothold we may be able to reach by nightfall." They'd be able to sleep comfortably there for the night.

Axiar let go of her hand to reach for her bag so that he could secure it to her runner. His own runner was already packed with his few belongings in a saddle bag, some food and water in another. He's prepared everything earlier that day and left the runners tied outside the gates to the Hold so that if there was a need to make a hasty escape, everything was already prepared for them.

When the were ready to leave, Axiar led the way, heading south east, away from the hold. It would be good to put the place behind them, with a free and open road ahead. It was lucky that they hadn't had any difficulties making their way out of town. He might have to ask later whether or not she'd had a run in with her parents. Either way, they were on the road now, and needed to ride a good distance to get to their first stop. It would be best if they could stay the night at cotholds or other way points where possible. Sleeping on the side of the road under the stars was great unless it was deep autumn and the cold northern winds were already blowing out of the north, off the frigid mountains. Which it was. And the winds were.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)   Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Time passes slowly (Tags: Axiar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next