Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:30 pm

The Self Absorbed Sofite Egg hatched next, revealing a blue dragonet with a dark purple tinge to his hide. This blue acted tough on the outside, trying to present himself in such a way as to impress his peers. He was cool, oh so cool. Everyone should want to be him, or at the very least be admiring him. The blue lifted one wing as a piece of shell slid off of it, he craned his neck around to watch. Seriously this was not how things were supposed to be going!

Retaining his composure after that, he walked toward the Candidates, starting at one end then ending up closer to the other end. Let them all sweat it out a moment. It had worked well for his sister. All the sympathy that he might be alone. He walked by the Candidates one more time, pretending there weren't two huge Golds somewhere in the background. Then he locked eyes with the one who would be is, I am Matamoreth He said to the young man who would be his rider, expecting him to be quite blown away by how amazing he was. And of course it seemed to have worked because now the boy was acting shocked, Compose yourself. We need to look cool. Stop embarrassing me. Raising his head, Food, now, before you do anything to make this worse.

As soon as the suave blue was on his way to be fed another the larger Chivalrous Cowboy Egg cracked. The crack went down the middle of the egg so that both sides of the egg fell away at the same moment. The dragonet stood there, admiring a job well done, gazing out at those gathered. He was unmistakably Bronze from head to claw. Unlike his Bronze brother though, he was calm, content to be patient. He was nearer the Golds than the others so there was some concern that one or both the Golds might trip on him.

He watched both female dragonets wordlessly. His patience though was not inexhaustible. If they took too long, he was going to go to his rider. However, he felt they should Impress first and that he should give them the right of way to pass by him and find their life mates before he did. It was almost chivalry.

The Popular Princess Gold was determined to Impress first, since she was closer and with the added encouragement of her mother. She was perfect and her rider would see that. She nearly tripped again but righted herself. Her muzzle coming within a hairsbreadth of Indylari's face. the Gold wasn't interested in that girl particularly but she did feel a pull from someone who was present. She was very close. In an effort not to hurt anyone else, she took a moment before stepping forward again. Couldn't her rider come to her? This was so much work!

Peering around her, she immediately disregarded those whom she felt no connection with. Some of the girls who were farther away were automatically forgotten about. Either they were afraid or they were simply not interested, whichever it was, she couldn't be bothered to consider them.

With a little lift to her head and a downcast gaze she was weighing their ability to be her rider. Falyn was still too far away for her to consider though she seemed to have come closer. Indylari she had already decided against. She noted a couple of young women who were talented crafters but they weren't exactly right. They didn't seem to fit. She glanced at Emberlynn, maybe...
You can't have her! I saw her first.

The Popular Princess Gold looked to see her sister standing just behind her. You can wait your turn. I was here first. Besides what are you going to do about it? She was rather haughty then, eyes whirling with irritation.

The Charismatic Puppeteer Gold was now aggravated as well. Why did her sister have to be a spoiled, egotistical brat? That was going to be HER rider as soon as her sister's fat body stopped blocking her way.

They continued to argue for a moment, neither particularly inclined to give way to the other. It was pride. Of course because they didn't both want the same girl but neither would either of them be pushed around by the other. To give in now would be to give in to the other forever.

The Chivalrous Cowboy Bronze, cut through their conversation. I do not have time for this.

And suddenly the wrath of both Gold dragonets was directed at him as he stretched his legs in front of him and extended his wings. To the crowd it was probably clear that the Bronze had said something to the Golds but imagining what it could have been would have been most difficult since he was acting like whatever he said wasn't anything to be concerned over.

No one is stopping you. Go. Said one Gold.

The second added, What are you waiting for? Both Golds, now distracted, had given him the opportunity to break up their little squabble so they could all go back to Impressing. He for one, was hungry.

Yawning, to show how bored he was, I'm waiting on you both to Impress. Wouldn't be right for me to go past you right now. And could be potentially dangerous for all three of us to walk in the same area.

The NERVE! Both Golds thought, no one said he needed to wait. The Popular Princess Gold turned around first, not at all interested in Emberlynn but rather another girl. The distraction by the Bronze caused them to forget the earlier altercation between them and The Popular Princess Gold, took a step in the direction of the girl she actually wanted.

Emerene. She turned her yellowy gold head to the side a little, making sure her new rider had heard her. I knew you were here. The Gold was proud of herself for finding her lifemate but she easily also transferred the combined feelings of sleepiness and hunger. Can we go now? I'm tired of dealing with sisters and brothers. They are most irritating and I am hungry and sleepy. Maybe more hungry than sleepy. You can't eat in your sleep can you? Catching on to Emerene's unspoken question, You may call me Glittrath.

While her sister Impressed Emerene, the Charismatic Puppeteer bee-lined for Emberlynn. She tripped over herself and unfortunately injured a couple of girls, not to the point where they were seriously or forever injured. One girl seemed to faint before she even touched her and the other, Indylari simply had a small cut on her leg from an errant claw.

She was actually more irritated that she had to recover from that while meeting her lifemate. I will not always be clumsy, my Emberlynn. The gold was sure of that, so sure that it expanded into her speech. She and her sister were good at heart, they would never hurt anyone on purpose. Are you hungry? I'm hungry. I think that fat sister of mine is going to eat all the food. Of course it wouldn't matter that she was actually bigger than Glittrath by a small fraction. It also wouldn't matter that neither of them were the largest Gold ever to be on the Sands. She simply wanted to make sure her rider understood how much she disliked Glittrath, right then and there. She was a little more calculating than her sister though not a bad dragon, she simply liked her plans to go the way she wanted without interference.
You should tell them my name is Nymeriath.
The Gold said, making sure her rider followed tradition.

As soon as the Golds were on their way off the Sands, the Bronze made his move. His patience would surely be rewarded but not before he heard a pounding coming from the shell of the Cheerful Casanova Egg, in the direction he was headed. The dragonet inside tapped on his shell trying to get it clear. He didn't have much patience. The Bronze tapped on the shell too, until a crack appeared, then he heard a very cheerful upbeat voice, Thank you. The Bronze was on his way to the Candidates then. Don't mention it.

As he reached the boys, the blue behind him finally finished cracking his shell. He had no intention of waiting for the right time. Now was the time, for everything! He could feel the blue's presence and almost thought to let him just have at the Candidates first. Really though, a dragon could only be so nice and he was very hungry.

He didn't toy with anyone like his brother had, he waited and stretched long enough that he wasn't as clumsy either and took his time if he thought he would wobble. He wanted no blood on his claws when this was over. He was rather mature for his age and so he was looking for qualities in someone a bit less childish than his brother. Thirteen was much too young to understand responsibility.

Bl'en, I'm sorry we had to wait so long.

The Bronze was staring at him, Sometimes doing the right thing is not very fun but it is still the right thing.

The Bronze continued, My stomach is ouching. Food?

His name was shouted by his new rider, "His name is Vaqueroth!"

Their leaving meant the entrance of another dragonet, the blue that had just been saved from his shell. The blue was much faster than his larger clutchmates and immediately chose a rather upbeat young man for his rider, "His name is Sybarith!" Time for some food, a nap and then we can discuss the others in the clutch. I want to know who the fun ones are!

Then simultaneously two greens hatched. The Good Morning Egg's green was more easily noticed for she was bold and bright. Coloring of her hide was a spring green with hints of yellow green throughout her body. She seemed as happy as her coloring and quickly Impressed to a girl who was very curvaceous. I'm so excited! Can we eat now? Food is so tasty! The young woman announced, "Her name is Pirteath!" As they quickly left the Sands.

This allowed the Lonely Street Rat green to quietly approach her rider who was standing a little off to the side. The green was a muted, sage color for the most part with smaller mossy green areas, most notably on her wings. When she approached, she knew he was used to being alone. We will never be alone again. We are together. the boy's trembling voice could barely be heard above the noise of the Stands, "Her name is Rhydth!"

The pair was off the Sands in no time, anything to no longer be the center of attention. This wasn't the end though as the remaining eggs began to shake violently.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Karene

Like most watching, she was anxious to see who the Golds chose. That didn't mean she ignored what else was going on. She heard each Candidate as they became a rider, shouting the names of those they Impressed.

When the pretty light buttery Gold tripped, Karene knew one was dead on impact. The other was crippled. Karene almost couldn't look to see if one was Emerene, but she should have known her daughter would have the good sense to move. Galadrieth confirmed this quickly. She was nervous for the two girls on the sands but more so for the little Queen when she looked back at her mother. How darling was she?

When Rasenth called on Galadrieth for permission to move the two women, she gave it, so long as he waited till after both Queens were impressed. It was much too dangerous for Syra to be out there right now. Karene wanted the Weyrlingmaster to be safe as much as the grisl Standing.  The one who was already dead and the one who was practically dead. Would someone want to live on crippled in such a way? Ultimately it wasn't her decision. Tthe deceased could be taken Between. The other would have to decide for herself if she regained consciousness.

With her eyes watching the Golds again, she was actually in awe of how slow they were trying to take things.
If you are thinking about the ones I killed...
No, I know you never meant to hurt anyone. I'm just thinking they are being pretty patient for being so young. You did an amazing job sweetheart.
I know.

The Gold was feeling even more proud as a sharp sounding snap moved her gaze to see the an egg crack exactly down the middle to reveal a Bronze. Another Bronze. Karene looked over at D'nier. Two of each? Was that even heard of? She didn't know but she wanted to find out. And Karene would have no trouble getting people to find out the information she wanted. Fort Weyr had the oldest records, surely if they could be found somewhere, they would be found here. What were Harpers for if not to research?

It was strange seeing the Bronze wait, watching the Golds. He didn't seem to be in any hurry but his actions were not concerning to Galadrieth, in fact she was quite impressed by his actions.

As the Charismatic Puppeteer Gold grew close to the Popular Princess, Karene watched as the lighter Gold glared back in irritation at her sister. Whatever it was, they weren't happy. Maybe one had said something to the other. Galadrieth was about to get involved when it seemed the little Bronze did or said something then yawned. Karene caught herself laughing. "I don't normally like Bronzes but that one just diffused a situation none of us knew about. We'll need to keep an eye on him. He might have some truly innate leadership skills..." Not that she was thinking K'vik's Bronze wouldn't but there was something naturally endearing to this one that the other lacked. Not all Bronzes had this, not all Golds were like Galadrieth either.

Just as she was speaking about the Bronze the buttery yellow Gold moved toward Emerene. Her breath caught in her throat, was she? Breathing finally in relief not because she was more proud of her daughter for Impressing but because now she was out of danger of being mauled. She hadn't realized just how concerned she was till this moment. Now she smiled, watching her eldest child walk with her beautiful Gold. She was happy because Emerene was happy. She wasn't exactly thrilled that her daughter was turning into her. The last person in the world she wanted any of her children to emulate was herself. Mostly because she knew exactly how self centered, cold and temperamental she was. Just like her own father.

The second Impressed Emberlynn. The newest of the Gold Candidates, she was someone Karene didn't know much about. This of course was about to change. She wasn't disappointed though as she clapped with the rest of the crowd for the petite woman's Impression of the Gold. Glittrath and Nymeriath had no idea just how needed they were after the tragedy that had befallen Ista Weyr.

Of course she fully expected the Bronze to be Impressed by the time she looked for him but he wasn't. He was...tapping a shell? So odd. She quirked her head, there was something very unbronze-like about him. Once they all could see the visible cracking of the shell, the Bronze moved off, Impressing to another of the newer Candidates, a Guardsman. There were several of them Impressing and it had Karene wondering if they were going to be needed, for a battle. She didn't believe in coincidence.

The little blue and two greens that followed were quick to find their life-mates. So far all of them had Hatched and all had Impressed. There were four eggs left and they were shaking vigorously.

---

Bladen

The Guard turned Candidate was tall enough that he could see everything that was happening by the young women. As he watched two fall under the buttery yellow Gold, he closed his eyes for a moment. He knew without anyone saying anything that at least one of them was dead, if not both. Ember had the good sense to spread out a little with some of the other young women. She would hopefully remain uninjured. He was half-ready to run over there the minute the Gold fell and drag her away from the danger.

But she would not have thanked him for that. He took his eyes from the young women for a moment, looking down at his foot which had begun to bleed less. Pain was only weakness, leaving the body. His emotions were still that which he was told to express, being without fear and sending warm feelings to the dragonets. They needed to feel welcome to Hatch. Every time a dragon went by and Impressed someone else, he could feel the energy of the Sands shift. So many with high hopes being crushed. There were more eggs and more Hatchlings. They just needed to be patient. Something he most certainly had in abundance. Unlike his sister. How had she ever gotten through a Hatching? He wondered in amusement.

The cracking of a large shell caught his attention. Not another Gold? He thought in concern. But this was no Gold. the Bronze inside the shell was pure patience as his sisters looked to find their lifemates. They didn't appear to like one another and he didn't like how they were so close to Ember while they were fighting. Luckily just then they were distracted by the Bronze who yawned at them. He seemed to be irritating them on purpose. It worked to get the Golds focused on Impressing.

The lighter Gold Impressed to the Weyrwoman's daughter, something anyone who wanted to bet seemed to be betting on. It made sense after all, dragonriding blood ran in families. The other Gold then approached Emberlynn and he felt his heart sink. He was happy for her, he really was. But he could see a future with her slipping away from him so quickly. Just because he couldn't be with her didn't mean he couldn't love her. Nothing on this good earth would keep him from doing so. Besides one never knew what could happen, he reassured himself. Watching her as she walked by, hoping to catch her eye long enough to give her a smile.

With that on his mind he almost missed the increasingly interesting Bronze help a clutchmate out of his shell. What a nice thing to do! He thought, thinking this Bronze was nothing like the other that Impressed. He even walked slow and gave everyone some distance. He had no intention of hurting anyone.

Bl'en, I'm sorry we had to wait so long.

The Bronze was staring at him, Sometimes doing the right thing is not very fun but it is still the right thing.

There was an explosion of emotion that entered him. He had never quite felt all encompassing love like this before. His eyes met the whirling of the Bronze's multifaceted gaze. This was what it was to be bonded, this was what it was to find your life-mate. He had never imagined just how good it felt. How wonderful life was now that this other being existed inside of it.

The Bronze continued, My stomach is ouching. Food?

Collecting himself to respond, "Yeah, it is important to do what is right but you must also take care of yourself or you won't be able to help anyone. You are very hungry." He said, concern in his voice. Bl'en had yet to really take it all in. He was in some kind of shock. "His name is Vaqueroth!" He shouted as he had seen others do. He knew somewhere in the Stands his sister and cousins were cheering for him. He was a dragonrider.

Walking the Bronze to the Feeding tables he gave him a scratch above his eye ridge where it seemed to be itching. Again Bl'en was in some sort of shock and had no idea how he knew that area was itching because Vaqueroth had said nothing.

---
Indylari

Indylari was so hopeful when after the Gold had tripped she had come so close to her. But the Gold didn't choose her. She felt disappointment like a sting in her chest. There were two golds, she reminded herself. And she was a lot better off than the other two girls who were possibly both dead. When Ember suggested they spread out, she did so because she had no trouble being a team player and helping everyone else stay protected.  

Her eyes followed one then the other of the Golds, hoping one or the other would see her and decide there she is, the one for us. Indylari was almost feeling desperate, though she hated to admit such to herself. It was strange having her fate be decided by two clumsy, oversize babies.

The young woman watched, unable to move in time as the darker dragonet almost impaled her with her claws. As it was, her calf was bleeding profusely. Tearing her robe immediately, she used the fabric to put pressure on the bleeding area. She was a Headwoman's Assistant, she had been trained first aid at the very least.

As the Golds both walked off the Sands, new life mate's in tow, she felt the worst stab of disappointment. She wanted to cry but wanted no one to see her do so. This was the worst moment of her life, she thought, slumping down to sit on the warm sands. She didn't care that the sands would get uncomfortable. Indy only saw how hard she was trying to change her fate and having the most difficult time in doing so. She would have to marry S'jiro now. She had no choice.

--

Veyani

She wasn't really the only person who was worried after the two girls were killed or nearly killed, it seemed everyone was concerned. There was nothing anyone could do. Veyani didn't see what made Golds and Bronzes so special. They seemed to be the most destructive and self-centered of the dragons. Maye they weren't all like that but it seemed to her most were. She didn't give either Gold dragon her attention instead focusing on the greens Hatching.

One came right over to her. Right there and then peered around her to Impress to Teylarrin. She was so happy for the younger girl, she clapped in excitement for her. Just what she needed. Astraiath was a beautiful green too and rather petite herself. She hoped that no one judged her by her looks because she got the feeling that green was no pushover.

Another Impressed far off from her.

After the Golds Impressed and the Bronze there were two more greens but neither of them came even close to her. She was watching the four eggs left. Her dragon was in there. Veyani had hope that her dragon was among the four eggs left. She was going to be with her life-mate and a new future would begin for her. Again her excitement had her grinning, there was no reason that her dragon wouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 pm

D'nier

The Weyrleader was seeming pleased about each of the Impressions. It was terribly unfortunate what had happened during Glittrath's fall, but girls who had not the mind about them to keep themselves alive on the sands were simply not meant to survive. When it came to dragon Impressions, things were better that way. It was just a fact of Weyr life that one had to accept. Still, that did not deter from the sad, gruesome scene below.

The scene was changed though, when both Golds found their life mates. It was a good thing indeed, that they would be raising up multiples. Not only because of the Ista disaster, but because, in D'nier's eyes, it was just one more sign that nature was preparing for the worst. The Red Star closed in on them, closer and closer every day -the time drew near. He hadn't even considered Karene's own thoughts regarding how many boys impressed who'd come from families of soldiers. The Bronzerider would have thought that a very astute observation indeed. And he would have agreed.

Applauding for the newly Impressed, he did think to mentally note however, that the crowd seemed dually excited at the prospect of multiple metallics. With enough curiosity and intrigue to match Karene's own, D'nier watched after the little Bronze that she'd mentioned. Nodding, his mouth pulled into a lop-sided smile, "I think you may be right about that."

Emerene

The Weyrwoman's daughter watched as there seemed to be some confusion between the golds and then a bronze that came striding up between them. Emerene's own expression was rather dumbstruck as the two sisters, after all their hurry to hatch, falling all over themselves to find their lifemate, had become completely distracted from the task.

For a moment, Emerene blamed the bronze, perhaps unwittingly pulling an act that her mom would have approved of, thinking to herself, Dumb Bronze! What is he doing here? Get out of the way, already.

Her irritation persisted until the competing golds decided they'd argued for long enough. One could tell by the way the colour in their eyes was changed and how it swirled in agitation, that not all was peaceful between them. Soon however, the queens parted and Emerene held her breath, waiting to see which direction they would go.

One of the queens went one direction, and the other, in another direction... And when one of them came toward her, her heart skipped a beat, eyes widening as she wondered if the little queen was coming for her. Even as the second queen had tripped, scathing another couple of girls, Emerene's eyes were not deterred from continuing to gaze on the gold moving in her direction.

Almost unexpectedly, Emerene heard her own name echo through her head. At first, she thought perhaps someone had called her name from the stands -or maybe it had been one of the other candidates in her class, trying to tell her to move. In such a state of disbelief, she had to hear that voice a second time just to acknowledge that even though the little hatchling now stood before her, as tall as her own height, that the gold had made her choice.

Hearing Glittrath's voice a second time nearly made Emerene screech in excitement. She could hardly contain herself through the overflow of emotions that came on her all at once. She waited though, until the gold had said her part before wondering just what her name was. Throwing her arms around the gold's neck, Emerene answered her, "We can go now. You are mine and I am yours, and you are right. brothers and sisters are very irritating."

If she wasn't filled with an excess of joy and pride before, she certainly was now. An infusion of Gold-hatchling-induced vanity brought on an incredible glow about her entire person. It was likely, at least in her mind, that no matter if anyone else impressed that day, Emerene was surely the luckiest and happiest of them all.

The Gold's name echoed in her mind then, and the girl shouted above the din of applause, "Her name is Glittrath! Green the new Queen!"

Emerene's eyes, welling with tears, finally released the water works as she looked back to her bonded. "Glittrath, my love, we cannot eat while we sleep, although that is a wonderful idea. But right now, there is a yummy pile of food with your name on it. I think you'll find energy enough to eat. We will sleep together, after. I promise."

As Emerene headed from t he sands, she looked back to see who the other gold had impressed to; it was that girl, Emberlynn, from Fort Sea Hold. Wasn't that her name? Well, the hunger that invaded her consciousness kept her from thinking on it for too long.She hurried away, suddenly feeling the desire to reach the feeding area before her gold sister.

S'jiro & Z'rim

Both Bronzeriders were on the edge of their seats when one of the golds tripped, her claw cutting into Indylari's leg. From where they were at, it was hard to see just how bad the injury had been, but immediately, there was blood, and that alone worried either of the men.

Albeit S'jiro and Indylari had been through a lot of disagreement in the past, S'jiro had made a promise that he was going to devote himself to their relationship and fulfilling the contract of their marriage arrangement in order to appease both of their families. And indeed, S'jiro had been doing his darnedest to do just that. It had been difficult since the nearing of the hatching, Indy had spent more time preparing for Impression day; and he got the feeling that it was in hopes that they wouldn't have to marry.

Nevertheless, there was still an agreement to be upheld, and Indylari was his woman now. If he wanted for her to honour him, he would need to honour her. If they had to be together, then it should be as pleasant a coupling as they could make it. Thus, S'jiro had concerned himself over her to increase their happiness and to try to do his part to win her heart over, since now... now that she had missed her last chance at impression, they would certainly be marrying.

Z'rim watched his friend press through a line of holdfolk who'd come to watch the event, S'jiro expressed through his personal bond to Zemarith that the Bronze should bespeak Indylari to tell her to get to the safety of the edge of the sands if she thought her injury was too much. Surely her leg would need to be tended to by the healers.

Zemarith then, bespoke Indylari as S'jiro had willed, indicating a hint of worry through his tone, into her own mind. S'jiro is concerned about your injury. He saw the gold's fall and is on his way to you. He will not enter onto the sands yet, unless you have difficulty walking. Just be careful. There are still eggs that have not hatched.

There came a pause where it was likely that S'jiro had been communicating with Zem again, He says you're not allowed to be injured again.

About that time, S'jiro showed up beside the healers at the edge of the sands, eyes finding Indylari again, where she stood. He didn't want to go onto the sands unless there was some dire reason, because there were still hatchlings to be born and he didn't want to disrupt the process of Impression. However, he needed to protect Indylari.

With urgency carried on his tone, he made an appeal to Healer Jang, standing nearby, "One of the injured candidates.. I will go to her if she needs to be carried off the sands."

Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
sylverangel

sylverangel

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:26 am

Other dragons were Impressing, and Ember vaguely noted what was going on around her as she kept an eye on the two young golds.  Teylarrin seemed to be leading a small green off the Sands-- good for her!  Several other blues and greens found their lifemates among the Candidates as well.

But the golds were apparently still searching for the right girl.  With two of them on the Sands, would it be possible for them to be interested in the same Candidate?  There were often two or more of the other colors on the Sands at once, and she'd not heard of any disputes among them.  But these were golds, and she'd heard of fights breaking out between them during mating flights.  Plus, she'd been warned how strong-willed they could be, so was it possible?

Surely that wasn't why they were slowly studying the Candidates.  It must be because they were choosier dragons-- she'd also heard they could be picky eaters, among other things, and choosing a rider was certainly a big decision for a minutes-old dragonet to make.

Beautiful as they were, their lack of coordination certainly afforded the audience moments of amusement.  As did their interaction with the second bronze to hatch from the eggs in this clutch.  One moment the golds were posturing, eyeing each other with faint animosity as they drew closer to the Candidates, and the next, both heads swiveled towards their bronze brother.

Ember couldn't help but let out a chuckle.  She would have paid a decent number of marks to know what had been said amongst them.  Perhaps she could ask whoever the dragons chose once the Hatching was over?  So long as the baby dragons remembered what it had all been about by that time, anyway.

Whatever it was the bronze had said, it seemed to spur his sisters on.  No sooner had the lighter colored gold turned away from her clutchmates than she'd looked right at Emerene, the Weyrwoman's daughter.

Emberlynn would have clapped in congratulations and been happy for the other girl, but she was slightly distracted.  The deeper-colored gold was on the move on her other side, seeming to have finally made her choice.

Steady as the young queen was at the moment, Ember knew she could lose her footing at any moment and take down more Candidates with her.  And, of course, that was exactly what happened, despite the girls around her having moved farther away from each other at her earlier suggestion.

One of the girls fell to the ground, though it wasn't readily apparently whether she was actually hurt or not.  The other had what Ember hoped was merely a superficial scratch on the leg.  She didn't have time to check on Indylari, though, as someone else was speaking to her.

I will not always be clumsy, my Emberlynn.

The voice was unfamiliar.  Not one of the other Candidates, nor any of the other weyrfolk that she could remember.  It was possessed of a certainty in its own words, as well as clear irritation.  And it drew her like none other-- called her to look down, compelled her to gaze into swirling pools of orange, insisted she acknowledge the newly formed mental bond between herself and none other than beautiful golden Nymeriath.

Completely forgetting everyone else on the Sands, Emberlynn reached out to brush the tiniest piece of shell from the young queen's head.  A wide grin slowly formed on her lips at the joy of Impression, both her own and Nymeriath's.

The gold wasn't quite willing to let her savor the sensation, or the newness of it all, though.  Her hunger was too great.  Now was the time for eating, especially if it meant reaching the feeding room before the other gold.

"I'm surprised you haven't told them all yourself," the former barmaid laughed at her queen's instruction.  It certainly felt as if the gold could do anything-- or rather they, as a pair, could do anything-- they set their minds to.  Perhaps it was the newness of it all speaking, but the feeling wasn't so easily dismissed.

Pitching her voice to be heard over the clapping and excited murmurs in the Stands, Ember proudly proclaimed her lifemate's identity.  "Her name is Nymeriath!"

More cheers, though it was possible they weren't all in response to her announcement.  But she didn't care-- all that mattered right now was Nymeriath and getting the young gold the food she desired.  And getting to it before her sister did.  

Laughing at the thought she knew not to be her own, Ember gently guided the young queen away from the other Candidates.  "I'm sure there will be plenty of food left when we get to it, love.  She won't get it all, even if she does get there first."

The gold wasn't entirely convinced, but allowed her chosen lifemate to lead her on without protest.  Her hunger was too great, and the sooner they reached the food, the sooner she'd be able to assuage it.
Back to top Go down
Suriya

Suriya

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Syra

Galadrieth says we may retrieve the injured one and her companion from the Sands when thegolden ones have Impressed. Rasenth informed Syra when she asked him to bespeak the queen for permission to remove the dead woman and the injured Candidate. That made sense, Syra agreed, knowing the Weyrwoman probably didn’t want to tempt fate with more injuries. The bluerider was not new to the difficulties of a Hatching and the dangers of the bumbling dragonets. Rasenth glowered, he didn’t think babies ‘bumbled’, especially the new queens. He thought they were charmingly adorable with their bickering. They watched long enough to see Emberlynn and Emerene Impress (Syra shot D’nier a triumphant look of ‘I won our bet!’) and Syra sensed Rasenth’s departure from the ledges where dragon’s had gathered to watch. She motioned one of her helpful attendants forward, congratulated the two new goldriders and Bladen on their Impressions (reminding them to tell their dragonets to chew their food), and went to where the girl who had been crushed lay. Her staring eyes and lack of chest movement told Syra she was dead, but she checked for a pulse anyway. She looked up to the Weyrwoman’s place in the Stands and shook her head, confirming. The Weyrlingmaster closed the dead girls eyes and arranged her robes in a more dignified position to hide the internal bleeding that was turning her purple.

Wait at the entrance, don’t come in. I won’t tempt the queen with another adult dragon on the Sands. Rasenth readily agreed with his rider and prepared himself just outside the Hatching Sands entrance from the Weyr. The other girl was unconscious, but alive, when Syra checked her. It was a pity, she thought, that the girl’s legs would likely be useless. The attendant made his way over and the two shifted the dead girl’s body to a sitting position, laying her arms over their shoulders and heaving upward. Dead weight was heavy weight, no matter how slim a person was in their life. The crowd in the stands seemed to give a moment of silence for the dead girl as they made their way across the hot ground.

Rasenth’s forward body came to the entrance, letting his forelegs come in. Syra and her help carefully lifted her into the blue’s grasp and arranged her arms in her lap. Rasenth was effectively carrying her like a baby. The Weyrlingmaster took a step back and bowed deeply to the girl, before urging Rasenth out before Galadrieth could become upset. They made quick work of helping the Healer’s get the other girl and the sands were cleared of their obstructions.

The four remaining eggs shook violently as they waited for their inhabitants to emerge, and Syra jogged out the entrance to Rasenth, mounted without straps and asked him to ascend to the Star Stones before going between. Honor to your sacrifice, for you gave your life that a goldrider could be made. Syra said, mostly to Rasenth but in speaking for the dead girl. They emerged from the biting, bone-chilling cold of between at Telgar Hold, just above the Guard stations. Rasenth no longer had her in his arms. She gave a jaunty wave to those below and returned to the Weyr, letting Rasenth go back to his place to watch the end of the Hatching.

It is done, Rasenth told Galadrieth, she was given a rider's honor for her sacrifice. Syra wasn’t sure if Weyrwoman Karene had wanted to know, but she had asked her bonded to tell her anyway. It was only right.

Torianu

Tori watched as the golds Impressed, finding their choices interesting but not surprising. He hadn’t been raised a weyr child, so he didn’t have the care in him that others would for such an occasion. He was busy watching the four remaining eggs with interest. One of them was one he had Touched, the Trustworthy Sidekick, and he rather hoped that the dragon within was his. Its quiet confidence and collectedness had intrigued him then and he remembered not wanting to leave it for the other eggs he had touched. It had stayed on his mind while they waited for the Hatching to approach. Obviously unable to see the inhabitant of the egg, he had decided that it had to be a brown or bronze in there based on what people had taught him on the usual personalities of the dragons.

He hoped so. The man was suddenly reminded of the letter his father had written to him, it had arrived shortly after the touching and Keritorv had told him he was proud that his son was a Candidate. It was a first for Tori, who wanted nothing more than his father’s approval and had always sought to make him proud. It had went on to say that he wanted his son to get his sister and mother to the Weyr to move in. Things at the Hold had changed, and he was suspicious that something bad was going to happen. Keritorv had begun tendering his resignation. He was too old for more fighting and had done his part in the previous fighting. He wanted to settle down with his family, his wife, and be happy. It was a side of the man Torianu had never seen before and he had responded quickly that he would arrange it.

Tori wondered what his father would do when he found out that his daughter had Impressed a dragon. Had Impressed even before his son had, and from the stands no less. Movement from the side of the Cavern where the gold eggs had hatched caught his eye and he saw the Weyrlingmaster checking on the women on the Sands. The shake of her head told him one was dead, and the other was quickly moved off by the Healers. Head and forelegs of a blue came into the Hatching Sands and just as quickly were gone, followed soon after by Syra. She wasn’t gone long before she returned and Rasenth alighted on his perch above them again. Torianu was convinced that the pair had taken the dead Candidate between.

Syra took her place off to the side of the Candidates, well out of the way of the hatching dragons and resumed her watch over them. She had taken out her wherbound journal again and continued with whatever she did in it. Tori returned to watching the eggs. Any time now his dragon would hatch, he was sure of it. He smiled encouragingly to the woman near him, Veyani he thought her name was, and hoped that she knew he was as anxious as she was.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:45 pm

The four eggs left were now the focus of attention. Even as Weyrlingmaster Syra removed the dead from the Sands the larger of those that were remaining, shook his shell off. The Trusty Sidekick egg revealed a lovely tan colored brown who was closer to the color of the sands than the other browns had been. He wasn't in much of a rush but continuously peered back as another shell cracked open.

The blue from the Cowardly Knight Egg, walked ahead of the brown, though the brown remained close by, in case it seemed he was needed. The blue tried to pretend he was brave but even the slightest movement had him coming to a complete stop. With the reassurance that the brown from the Trusty Sidekick egg was there to help him, he finally got close enough to the Candidates gathered to start looking for his life mate.

With a brown and a blue on the Sands, it wasn't much of a surprise to find two greens in the remaining eggs. The dragonet from the Practically Perfect Egg, took her time to make sure everything was where it should be. Not because she wanted to present herself as cool but rather because she wanted everything in its proper place. Everything should be orderly! She didn't pay much attention to her sister, though if she were she would probably disapprove.

The practically perfect green Impressed first, I think we've had about enough of this craziness. Food is in order and then a nap. As she nudged her rider to come with her, "Her name is Poorath!" was shouted to the watchful crowd.

The Eager Dreamer Egg was rolling. Yes, rolling. Somehow the green had managed to only break part of the way through her shell before the shell tipped over. But the green was not distressed. Actually despite catching the brown and blue's attention she did not seem to concern them beyond somehow being in an awkward position. If she had been distressed it would have been made clear instead she seemed to almost be enjoying it.

The brown dragonet followed the blue past most of the Candidates including the patient Torianu. After more encouragement from his brother, the blue finally Impressed to a boy at the end of the line of Candidates. Hi. The blue started, looking down at his feet, feeling suddenly quite shy and afraid his rider might reject him. His rider could reject him. His eyes whirled in the anticipation of being unwanted, but the young boy reached out a trembling hand and touched him gently in reassurance. You love me? The boy smiled and answered the little blue before giving is name out to those who waited, "His name is Inimoth!

The brown, having felt his duty was done in helping his clutch mate, retraced his steps, heading back towards some of the previous passed by Candidates. He stopped a couple of times, weighing some personalities over others as he could sense them. In the end though he came to a complete halt in front of Torianu. It would have been like the other times he stopped but the dragonet found the one he had been searching for.

T'rian, I helped him. He was afraid. Now he has someone to help him forever. Your Soutienth did well, yes?
The brown asked, quirking his head to the side, hoping that his rider would understand why he kept him waiting.

Is there something to eat?
He inquired politely, not wanting to be pushy but wanting it to be known he was hungry.

While brown Soutienth Impressed to Torianu, the green in the Eager Dreamer Egg was making mental giggles that her mother could hear, as well as other dragons in the vicinity. Galadrieth huffed impatiently, greens. Finally though her shell hit something causing it to crack. Emerging from the shell, she shook of the remaining pieces and walked at a quick pace toward the girl Candidates.

She seemed to have just now realized she was the only one left on the Sands. Ooops! Veyani, did you see?! It was so much fun. The others have no idea what they were missing. The green was staring at the blonde who had yet to move.

Is there food? I'm starved. Do you know what we're going to eat? Is it tasty?
The last Hatchling seemed to have a lot on her mind, so it took Veyani a moment to let everyone know what her name was, "Her name is Sonadorath!"

With that, the last Hatchling was walked off the Sands.

((Hatching Feast will occur in the evening of the same day as the Hatching, giving the Weyrlings time to take care of their new life-mates and the staff time to prepare for the feast too.))
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am

Indylari

The last four eggs were of little interest to her. She had never even pretended to be interested in anything other than Gold.

Hearing the Bronze’s mind voice in her head, she supposed it was another thing she would have to get used to. S’jiro being concerned for her should be endearing, even touching. No matter how she tried to convince herself he was being the person she wanted, because he wanted them to work out, she still felt this hollowness inside. It wasn’t something she was willing to talk to him about.

The young woman had been able to get the bleeding to stop by the time the dragonets left had Impressed. She wasn’t in the mood to be helped but it seemed she was to have no choice in the matter. “That won’t be necessary Zemarith.” She said, unsure if the dragon could hear her or not. Most likely not.

Indylari stood, using her hands to brush the sand off of her Candidate robes. Hobbling slightly, she walked toward the exit. S’jiro would be there, waiting, when what she wanted most was to be alone. Forcing herself not to seem like she was in pain, she walked toward him.

“I’m alright but I think it needs to be sanitized by the healers at the infirmary.” She said, quelling any worry, hopefully. Besides she had to figure out what she was wearing to the Feast tonight. That was a much better use of her time.... and somewhat therapeutic.

Veyani

The blonde candidate watched the last four eggs shaking vigorously. She was concerned that maybe she might have to wait a little longer for her dragon as the first hatched yet another brown. The brown though waited for a shy blue and walked with him as he searched for his Candidate. What a sweetheart! she thought, nearly missing the next green who hatched. This one though was rather no-nonsense and seemed to be rather quick to judge.

Unlike the two male dragons, Poorath Impressed quickly. As soon as she had, Veyani caught movement out of the corner of her eye, There was an egg, rolling. Why would the egg be rolling. She could think of how amusing it might be but also that it could be scary for a dragonet to be rolling around like that. She looked up to see that Galadrieth was not showing the same agitation she had when the one green had been pitifully wailing at the girl who Impressed from the Stands. .

In fact it seemed to her that the dragonet inside might be enjoying herself. While the egg rolled about, the blue had finally Impressed to one of the boys and the brown was making his way back in their direction.  One of the new Guard Candidates Impressed the brown. This left the dragonet in the egg rolling about the Sands. When the egg finally broke, the green seemed interested in Impressing and quickly. Laughing a little under her breath, Veya thought she seemed to have realized how much time had passed and that she was late. She totally knew the feeling!
Veyani, did you see?! It was so much fun. The others have no idea what they were missing.

Veyani was staring, like she had no recollection of where she was or that she was even there.  Her brain felt like it had just exploded with her heart. What was happening? She suddenly felt like she was complete in a way that she never had been before. Here was someone who understood her entirely. Here was the perfect support, the perfect friend and the best creature the world had ever known. Veyani knew in that moment, she was forever changed. Yes, she was completely transported by the emotions that were overwhelming her.

Is there food? I'm starved. Do you know what we're going to eat? Is it tasty?

Shaking her head, she realized the green was so much hungrier than she had ever remembered being. Even during lean winters. “Food, yea. Umm, we just follow the others over that way…” She said, suddenly aware there wasn’t anyone left to follow. They were alone on the Sands other than the Gold dragon who watched them. Everyone seemed to be waiting for something. Oh… that! She thought after a moment, “Her name is Sonadorath!”

I am very very hungry.

“I know. We’re almost there. Come on Sonadorath. “ She coaxed the green, encouraging her toward the Feeding Tables. Veyani vaguely aware of the now permanent smile on her face. Best. Day. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:59 pm

(taking a break from studying for a few mins ^.^)

S'jiro

Indeed, the Bronze dragon did not hear Indylari as she spoke back to him, but those watchful eyes, with keen vision, looked down from where he'd perched, in order to look for signs that she may need assistance. Of course, S'jiro kept his eye out for signs that she needed him, too. Not that the young woman would probably ever admit to it. But, it wasn't as though S'jiro knew exactly how she felt. They hardly seemed to talk, and she never really opened up to him. The Bronzerider did have some idea though, that neither of them was exactly jumping for joy over the entire betrothal.

Indylari seemed to be alright though, not favoring her hurt leg too terribly. Knowing that, S'jiro let his eyes wander as the last of the eggs hatched, the new little dragons venturing on their own two legs for the first time, in order to find their life-mate.

The Bronzerider tried to hide his recognition of and excitement over the fact that he'd seen Veyani Impress, attempting to mask his expression so that it only mirrored concern for his fiance. But even if he'd done poorly to conceal it, his dragonic counterpart felt that unmistakable swell of momentary elation that S'jiro was simply unable to suppress. Privately, he cheered for his former lover, wishing her all the best.

The rider's attention quickly fell to Indylari then, feigning only detached, vague interest in the fact that there were four more riders who'd just impressed. Stepping out onto the sands to meet her when she was but a few steps away from the edge of them, S'jiro eyed the wounded leg that Indylari walked on. He knew that she must be in pain whether or not she showed it, and her feet must have been burning.

Lifting his eyes to her own then, he did what he thought she would want him to do, by doing something courteous. "Alright. Let's get you to the infirmary, then. And make sure to get it bandaged up proper." One arm supporting her back, the other dropping to hook under her knees, S'jiro scooped her up in his arms to carry her. He wasn't taking no for an answer, because he was done with her ignoring him in order to attend candidate classes.

"There's no sense in you walking on this leg, at least until it gets looked at by a healer." It may have been a poor excuse, but he was trying at least, to be kind. Going out of his way, almost. It was unlike him.

Turning his back to the sands, S'jiro hurried away, headed for the infirmary.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Suriya

Suriya

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:16 pm

T'rian

Tori watched with great amusement as the brown dragonet hatched and seemed to wait on a timid, shy little blue. The smile on his face was one of pure happiness; he was so sure that was his brown helping his sibling while he watched. The tan colored dragonet nudged the blue encouragingly when it flinched at sudden movements, and waited a few steps behind as if playing sentinel for it’s brother. Tori hardly noticed when the two green dragonets hatched after the brothers, and his eyes were riveted on the other pair.

What did catch his eye was the egg rolling around on the Sands as if it were children going down hills in a barrel. Galadrieth, Tori noticed, wasn’t agitated as she had been when his sister’s green had been wailing, and since she was at ease, he was as well. The brown and blue pair came close to Tori, but passed him - not seeming to notice, but when at last the blue found his lifemate and the Impression had been made, the brown retraced his steps and returned to the waiting line of Candidates. For a moment, the man was worried that the dragonet would Impress someone else as he seemed to take his measure of many of the people gathered and waiting, but finally he came to rest in front of Torianu and the man almost wept.

Suddenly his life was whole, complete and perfect in a way he didn’t realize it wasn’t before. It was as if a piece of his soul had returned to him and made him a perfect being. His body wanted to explode with the sudden feeling of completeness and the only thing he could do was to fall to his knees and hug the little tan beauty to him. Silent tears streamed from his eyes and down his cheeks. All the struggle, strife and hardship he had had to deal with leading up to coming to the Weyr, all the worries and fears he had in life had vanished in the moment that he and... “Liorth!” he cried aloud, “His name is Liorth.” All of it disappeared when Liorth chose him.

T'rian, I helped him. He was afraid. Now he has someone to help him forever. Your Liorth did well, yes? With a chuckle, the patient man stood and nodded to the little dragon and the pair began to walk off.

Anuleesa

Unknown to her son, Anuleesa was also weeping with pride. Her two children had been Searched and had Impressed, being found worthy of the dragons. The woman couldn’t contain her pride, and knowing that they were going to be heading to the feeding area soon, stood and dusted her dress. The Hatching was over. The prospect of going home to an empty house while Keritorv was on assignment didn’t appeal to her, and she supposed she could probably stay for the feast after the Hatching -- and possibly the night. For now she would go to her children.

{OOC: CHECK THE FEEDING THREAD FOR SYRA’S POST}
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Since she wasn't paying much attention to his face, she missed whatever signs that he might still be watching the Hatching. Even if he had been, there was no harm in watching people Impress. Of course she didn't think he would be watching Veyani. Only because she thought he had done what he could to keep her from his life from now on. Why would he want to open that door again?

The woman knew she could be a little self-absorbed. When he lifted her off the ground, it wasn't something she expected from him. It certainly wasn't something she thought he would do before. Gestures like this, of him wanting to take care of her felt so strange though. She did however help, by wrapping her arms around his neck. It wasn't in a particularly romantic way that she did so but he couldn't carry her without her arms helping. What harm could there be in trying to like him?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)   Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' (PotA Hatching!!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2