Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Indylari stopped her tears when he spoke. They were few and mostly she was in control of her emotions. Less of a man? Where had he gotten that idea? Was it not obvious that she actually preferred him? She'd never responded to a kiss from S'jiro like she had just now to Z'rim. He meant of course his bloodline which Indylari, having been at the Weyr, had not really taken into consideration. Being a Bronzerider at the Weyr was better than bloodlines.

Listening to his proposition though, she felt somewhat hopeful. Z'rim wanted to help her. "I trust you." She paused, "When should the topic be brought up with S'jiro then? What if he doesn't want to break things off?" And she was concerned about that since even his love for another woman didn't seem to sway him from the course his parents laid for him.

Indy didn't want to hurt S'jiro more than necessary but when it came to her freedom from all of this, she couldn't help but put her own desires first. And her desires were pointing her toward a future with Z'rim. She didn't know if that would last or how but she did know that Z'rim understood her more than anyone could have known.

Were they simply more alike? Or maybe they had been paying closer attention to one another than they had realized? Her hand met his so he could remain in physical contact. "Maybe we should think about this more later. I don't want either of us rushing into something." Especially when their desire could be influenced by his saving her life and the trip and the exhilaration of the mission.

"After the Hatching may be best. The eggs should be ready any day now..." If she Impressed then she would have a couple Turns to sort the details out and she wouldn't have to worry about marriage at all. Her dragon would pretty much decide her mate for her at that point.

Having other people decide for her was easier but she almost wondered if it were left up to her what she would decide for herself. Moving in just a little closer, "Just tell me you aren't only doing this for me and S'jiro. Do you want this for yourself too?"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:10 am

Grateful that Indylari would choose to put at least some extent of trust in him, Z'rim gently squeezed her hand when she gave it to him. That simple gesture was all that he needed to steel his resolve on the matter. 

"I will bring it up to S'jiro when the time is right. First, I'll need to make some preparations." The Bronzerider had a couple of ideas that might work to rectify the situation, but he didn't offer any details about the solutions he had in mind. He wanted to take more time to set a plan for himself to pursue before saying any more on it. "I'm sure that S'jiro will resist anything we do, so leave it to me to tell him. I'd rather him take out his frustration on me than you. But, in the end, I think he'll approve. It'll just take him a little while to see the good that can come of it. For now, all you need to do is continue as you have been. Just focus on the hatching."

When she went on, he offered his reassurances again, hoping to led her his strength of conviction so that she wouldn't be afraid. "You're right. After we fix the situation with your betrothal, we'll take our time deciding what to do next. I - In truth, I am attracted to you, because you're very beautiful, Indylari. But before today, given the circumstances, I can't say I thought more of it than that. Out of respect for S'jiro, I never tried imagining you as anything more than... a friend. 

"Today however... I think I just had enough of watching you both miserable. S'jiro hasn't been the same since his breakup with Veyani. I'm sure he still cares for her, no matter how many times he says he's moved on, and forgotten that they were ever involved. I don't like the way I see him changing sometimes, though sometimes I wonder if this won't all be for the best somehow; but I don't agree that this is the right way to make S'jiro grow up and realize his own ambitions. I'm sure if I knew more about you too, I could say the same thing."

Stopping to close the distance between them, he wasn't afraid to embrace her one more time, offering at least some measure of comfort. "I guess you could say then, that the first time I ever wondered how happy the two of you were together, it was out of concern for you as my friends. Over time though, I couldn't help but think it was cruel to make you marry someone you can hardly bring yourself to face. I wondered what I would do if it were me in that place, and then I knew what needed to be done... what should be done. It would be a tender mercy if someone were to stop it. 

"The more I watched you with him, the more I realized that you too, shared S'jiro's pain in a way. You both struggled, and... knowing that made me want to protect you. I want to protect S'jiro too, as my friend, but I think now, I could see myself protecting you for more reason than that. 

"It was all my own suspicion up until now; but once you verified those things and proved I was right, I began to think that I might just be the one who wants to make you happy in the long run. At least,.. I could try. And since you're willing to give me a chance, then I'd like to do that. I if given the chance, I might find out I really do have deeper feelings for you. Because I'm not sure why I'd have done all this otherwise. My heart might just be trying to tell me something."

Sure, he may have gone on to work out a plan to remedy the situation, but there were certainly other ways about it. He'd just been quite physical with and even kissed his best friend's fiance. Under any normal circumstances, Z'rim was certainly not the kind to put the trust of friends at risk like that. Especially not a friend he'd known since childhood. Yet, he'd put himself in a position that challenged the very core of he and S'jiro's relationship; and in truth, it was over winning the heart of a girl. Not many actions spoke louder than that.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Indylari was comforted by the squeeze of his hand, even if continuing to pretend to S’jiro was hard. Not because she couldn’t act and try to be convincing but because she never had any desire to hurt the Bronzerider. Even if S’jiro might think differently when Z’rim had things settled and he was able to broach the subject. However long they may have been attracted to one another, she and Z’rim had both done the same thing. Brushing such thoughts aside for their friend.

Neither Z’rim or S’jiro could possibly know how often she had been propositioned and been successful at deterring men from pursuing her. She was a vain woman and was somewhat happy about the attention. So Z’rim being attracted to her physically, before she really had been able to get to know him, was not a surprise to her. Indy kind of wanted to know there was more than that between them. His reassurance they would go slowly and figure things out was exactly what she wanted to hear.

He was being honest with her at least. He didn’t know what he was feeling but whatever it was, he was willing to risk his friendship with S’jiro to find out. For Indylari that was enough. She didn’t need him to claim he loved her, she didn’t anticipate that being the case so soon, though it seemed to have been for S’jiro and Veyani. They were well suited though, if one asked Indylari her opinion. Not because she thought there was something the matter with either of them only that they both seemed to jump into things feelings first. Even if S’jiro didn’t realize that about himself just yet. He was always searching for that connection with her which she was unable to give. Because Indylari was more likely to be careful with her feelings.

“Once you know what you are going to do though, I don’t want to string S’jiro along longer than need be.” She might be a vain and self centered woman most of the time but she had no intention of giving Z’rim’s best friend more pain than necessary. She took a moment to add, almost shyly, “We could still find time to talk, maybe, in the meantime?” Talking wasn’t going to be suspicious or necessarily seen as anything but friendly. It could even give them more of an idea of how they might connect. If they didn’t think it would work out then she wasn’t going to hold Z’rim to anything other than to try to get S’jiro out of this relationship with her.

Faranth it would be so much easier on her if she would just Impress that Gold. Weyrwoman Karene had prepared her though for the eventuality of not Impressing and had been entrusting her to assist the Headwoman when she could. She was very literate and had run a minor hold before with her mother’s guidance so she knew the ins and outs of daily life and what needed to be done. “Would it bother you if I wanted an occupation for myself even if I don’t Impress?” She asked curiously, because for some reason it was more important than she initially thought.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Z'rim smiled for a moment, acknowledging her request regarding S'jiro and their continuing to talk in the future agreeably.

As she continued, inquiring about keeping herself busy with an occupation, the Bronzerider couldn't help but laugh. He'd no intention of embarrassing her, but his amusement was made clear through his tone. "You act like I'd want to stop you." Which he didn't. And he wasn't sure what had given her the idea he might want to; maybe S'jiro had expressed some desire to her in the past that should they marry, he'd prefer her not tying up her time in too many things outside their relationship. He simply couldn't know.. but for now, he dismissed the question leaving her with only that as his answer.

Feeling as though they'd taken enough time away from the things they'd come here to do, Z'rim encouraged that they get a move on, pivoting back around to head into the lower caverns.

"We should get going. They'll be needing your assistance..."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Well there were men who would want to do just that. His reaction was reassuring in and of itself. He didn't need to explain himself further than that. Indylari was not worried in the slightest that he would change his tune later. If anything, she always knew he was a little less....conventional...than his Bronze friends. There was a time though, when she would have thought just like the others. Moving to the weyr and being given new opportunities changed a person.

Nodding in agreement, she followed his lead. There were places she was needed and they had wasted time on personal issues. Her mindset was better though and she might just be more efficient because of it.

[closed]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]   Karene - In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings] - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

In a time of need [Tags: Empyrean Wing! Secondary: Karene and all wings]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2