Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor] - Page 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]   Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor] - Page 1 I_icon32Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:12 pm

The healer offered helping hands as X'ilor tried to sit up, making sure that the boy wasn't feeling too light headed. "If you feel like you can stand, we should get you to the infirmary just for a quick check up." The woman's words though went ignored as the elation of the Bronze was enough to distract all of their attention. Especially when the dragon's tail flung unexpectedly.

Unable to avoid the swing of Saolth's tail as the end of it struck out, Mahyeul and T'vor likely didn't even see it coming. Luckily, S'dric had barely been able to evade its tip, shouting for them to move, but it it was too late. Like swinging the large branch of a tree through the air at great speed, it landed solidly enough to fracture multiple ribs of the rider that took the brunt of the hit -but that didn't mean that Mahyeul escaped.

The guardsman from Telgar was thrown back, landing near T'vor with the wind knocked out of him. Of course, he hadn't been able to maintain a hold on the rider, but it was unlikely that T'vor would be able to run off at this rate. And it wasn't as though he had anywhere to hide.

Though there may not have been any breaks in his bones like there may have been for T'vor, Mahyeul's lungs were weak, and the sudden force applied to his chest only compounded the difficulty he already had in breathing at times.

Managing to sit up, Mahyeul's eyes turned on T'vor to see what state he was in, but even as T'vor god back to his feet, the guardsman was still on his hands and knees, coughing. After gasping for that first breath, Mahyeul felt soreness wrap around his torso, knowing that at least his own ribs would be bruised.

S'dric ran to them, first attending his cousin, but the man waved him away, knowing that he'd be fine; so, the Wingsecond went to T'vor's side where he leaned up against the tree. "We'll get you to the infirmary. After the healer's have seen to you, we'll have our talk, along with your WingLead."

Looking back to X'ilor, to make certain he was still okay, the healer arose from the ground in a rush to get to T'vor's side, not having needed him to call on her to see to him. She didn't seem to hear his words though -that or his snide tone went ignored- as she suggested that they make their way to the infirmary with all three men who'd been injured. Her voice was commanding though gentle, leaving no room for discussion, "All three of you, to the infirmary."

Motioning to Mahyeul who had yet to rise to his feet, she suggested, "S'dric, would you help this man to his feet and see that the Bronzerider can make his way there, too?"

Following her order, the Wingsecond offered a hand to Mahyeul until the man was steady enough on his feet to move of his own accord, and then he turned to see after X'ilor.

"How are you feeling?" S'dric didn't know much about head injuries, but he wanted to make sure that they didn't need to call for a stretcher, instead.

The healer on the other hand, wrapped T'vor's arm over her shoulders and her own arm around his back in a supportive manner, allowing him to use her for stability as they went.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Suriya

Suriya

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]   Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor] - Page 1 I_icon32Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:01 am

The bronzerider nodded carefully, testing his vision and his head in the process. It ached a bit to nod, but his eyes were free of spots. Likely, though, he would have a concussion to deal with for a day or two. Better than being dead. Saolth commented logically. X’ilor had to grin at that, and agreed with the bronze. A concussion is much better than being dead. The dragon, still concerned about the people who looked injured, turned with whirling eyes to view what had happened. Noting that the man who had attacked his rider was now leaning against a tree, and the nice man who had saved his rider was having trouble, he crooned with distress. I didn't mean to hurt them! The nice one is having trouble! He told X’ilor. I will tell them you didn’t mean it, you overgrown bronze. he teased, turning back toward the men.

“I should thank you, sir,” he started respectfully to Mahyeul, “you saved my life and the life of my dragon. Saolth wants to offer you his services in apology for his antics and excitement injuring you after rescuing me.” he kept up the thanks as he moved slowly toward the man and knelt beside him to help him rise, “Please let him know where you’d like to go and he is at your service.”

It was a moment later when the Healer deemed them all fit for the infirmary and the young man had to grin when he saw Saolth crook his leg for them to climb aboard. He, personally, knew that a long walk would probably make his head swim and the spots to appear. With a laugh, he turned to the injured guardsman, “It seems he would like to do our walking for us and get us to the infirmary. Would you like to mount and let him walk for us?” he asked, giving the other man the first choice in seating on the bronze. To S’dric he said, “Yes, I am fine sir. Thank you.” but he turned his attention back to his rescuer.

T’vor, for his part, didn’t try anything with his broken ribs and X’ilor so close. Instead, he grinned maliciously as the woman came to check him over, “If you wanted... me to take... my shirt off,... you should have... just asked.” he quipped, pausing between every few words when his ribs hurt too much for the full sentence. It lessened the impact of the whole thing, he thought, and licked his lips. Broken ribs hurt. She said nothing to him and instead wrapped her around around his waist to help him walk. Privately he was grateful to the woman, but he wouldn’t allow her to see to his treatment when they made it to the infirmary. Women should work at keeping order, not doing a man’s Craft, he thought, sneering. Noticing his failure to elicit a response with his first comment, he brought his free arm up and groped her. “Well, at least you’re a woman in that sense,” he said, a throwback to his thought a moment before, “but I want a man to look at my ribs.”

Saolth turned his large head toward the pair, the one who had attacked his rider, and the healer who had seen to X’ilor. He lowered it to be at eye level with the man and the whirling red anger was obvious within them. Saolth spoke for all to hear, You are no man. Men are respectful. The Healer is respectful. She is more of a man than you are. The bronze was unaware that his words could have been considered an insult to the Healer, but his head turned away the next instant, having breath a full-lunged breath out through his nostrils and over the injured rider. The knockback of the force of it made his ribs hurt even more and T’vor winced, his breath too short to respond.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]   Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor] - Page 1 I_icon32Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Holding up a hand to wave away any worry shared by the Bronzerdier, Mahyeul stopped coughing for long enough to reply, "It was no problem at all. There's no need to worry. It's just" The words broke as he was unable to suppress the next cough, but he was smiling thereafter, "Saolth's tail surprised me, is all." 

Once the Bronzerider had addressed his Wingsecond, S'dric turned his eyes on his cousin briefly. Placing a hand then at X'ilor's shoulder with reassurance, he gave the boy directive, "If you'll see that you both make it to the infirmary and receive some sort of treatment, I'm going to go track down both Wingleads, his and yours, so that when both of you are ready, we can start accounting for what exactly brought all this on and find some resolution."

Glancing back to his cousin once more, S'dric nodded, "You'll be fine too, won't you? Just don't skip out on treatment. Let X'ilor here see you to the infirmary. I'm sure he wants to repay you somehow."

Nodding agreeably, Mahyeul watched as S'dric turned to leave them a few moments later.

The lady healer on the other hand, was quite adequately ignoring whatever rude come ons the patient in her care had the energy to spout out. She didn't even seem to bat an eye at him. Focusing on her job, to her, was obviously paramount, and if there would be flirting, it could happen after T'vor had been seen to at the infirmary. And, though she wanted to slap him, she hadn't been able to swipe his hand away as he groped her, seeing as she was busy trying to support him as he walked. Though.. perhaps a good healer might have just dropped him for good measure. But, maybe she was too nice? She wasn't like that. 

It wasn't until he became derogatory toward her being a woman in the craft that she acknowledged his words; but it wasn't until after the Bronze had bespoken all of them. She wasn't offended by the dragon, seeing as she'd been at the Weyr long enough to know that dragons had their own way of talking. To tell the truth, she was more grateful that Saolth would have the sense to jump in to defend her in that sense. 

In any case, she was soon moving on with T'vor, figuring that with this ongoing conflict between them, she might want to keep the two riders separated. "Come on. You're coming with me. And you'll be seen to by a Healer who is capable of treating your injuries. That is all that should be important."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]   Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor] - Page 1 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Afternoon skirmish [tags: X'ilor]
Page 1 of 1