... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Attica

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:45 pm

"Miss, if you need to rest, there are cots to sleep on, at the lower deck; where the cargo was all stowed away. It's not much, and the space is shared by the crew that rotate on and off duty, but the Dragon's Reach doesn't take on many human passengers."

Maori listened with kind attention to what was said. Then she thanked the man quietly and said, "I am grateful. The accommodations will be fine, I'm sure. Thank you Sir."

With her personal guard, named Kazik, accompanying her Maori headed down to where she was directed. She wanted to see the place she would be staying. She also need to get some rest in before she disgraced herself and collapsed with fatigue. She had not slept at all during the night. She had been too busy trying to track down the papers the two journeymen had lost in their drunken gambling. That would have been a disaster. As it was, the 'handsome one' --she still did not know his name-- had come to the rescue yet again.

As the ship was made ready and cast off from the port, Maori encouraged Kazik to rest for she was sure he and his companion guard had not gotten any sleep either. Then she chose a bunk in a corner slightly away from the others and behind a short stack of hay bales for privacy. It was made even nicer by the guards as they rearranged some more bales to create a partial half-wall for her as she lay herself down for sleep. Her weapons were placed strategically around her and under her blanket and pillow too. Then she settled in and had a good sleep.

------------------

When she woke several hours later, her stomach grumbled in need. She was hungry. Kazik was fast asleep when she strapped on her dagger to her thigh and fixed her hair into a braid that rested forward over her shoulder.

Wandering out of the sleeping area, Maori decided to do a little exploring. One reason was for curiosity sake. The other was for hunger. Was it meal time yet? Probably very soon. Getting her sea legs would take a while but so far so good. She wasn't seasick in the least. Yet.

Sneaking up to the middle deck she looked around and scented good things there but she wasn't quite ready to interrupt her explorations of this fine ship and so she continued to move her steps forward and upwards. She wondered what was on the upper decks. What was up there? She wondered.

She climbed the ladder to reach it.

((Note for self: Personal guard's name on this trip is Kazik))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:50 am

At the bow of the ship on mid deck, the kitchen was filled with crew members busy preparing for the afternoon meal. The smells of food were enough to at least temporarily overcome that of the Runners and manure.

While the cooks had yet to indicate that the food was quite ready to be served, crew mulled about inside the ship, fulfilling their tasks. No one seemed to notice that Maori was on her way up the narrow stairs to the upper deck, or perhaps no one was concerned by it, because none stepped forward to stop her. So, when she reached the top, she would find a short corridor that on one side, had two stepping ladders leading to doors in the ceiling of the ship (which led to to where the ship's two main masts and sails were located), and three doors along the hallway that were spaced out along the length of it. One of the doors was located at the very end of the hall, and looked to be left ajar. The narrow corridor itself, was located to the far side of the ship, aligned with the stairwell leading up to it, and two round, porthole windows were spaced out, somewhat across from the two closed doors..

There didn't seem to be the sound of voices or movement behind any of the doors currently, but perhaps the door left cracked open was one that people had been in and out of?

[Razz leaving it there for Maori to do whatever she wants hehehe]

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 Mysignature002_zps7d9c52d2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainoffire.forumotion.com
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:06 am

Maori climbed the steps and looked down the corridor she came to. It did not smell nearly as strong of runner and manure as it did closer to where she had slept. She wasn't complaining, just taking in a nice breathe of fresher air. The scent of food tickled her senses. It was not yet ready and so she continued her steps forward. She saw three doors along the corridor. One of them was slightly open. She did not go to that door straight away. Instead she stopped at one of the porthole windows and looked out. The sun brightened her face as it angled into where she stood. A gentle smile began to grace her lips as she enjoyed what she saw. A simple person would only see water and dismiss it. She saw so much more. And was lost in the scene of life that she watched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Having been engaged in conversation quietly on the other side of the door, within the room at the far end of the hall, their words could not be heard outside, but once Haran had taken his leave from Changhui, his footsteps were audible as they came back to the threshold. Opening the door, he held it open while contemplating Maori's presence there with a brief stare of mild curiosity; the expression passed quickly though, as he adopted a more usual limn of somewhat stern regard. 

Before speaking, Haran took a step forward, into the corridor. "Are you in need of direction?" As if she might be lost, it had to be the most polite way of expressing that the upper deck was off limits. "All of the guest accommodations are on the lower deck, except for meals, which are served on the mid deck. There should be food prepared soon, if you will head that way."

From beyond the point at which the guardsman had stopped to address Maori, Changhui could see and hear that Haran had come to a halt; then he could hear the man's voice raise to speak. Wondering if there was anything the matter, the young man moved toward the door, until he stood only a few short steps behind Haran. "Who is it?"

Acknowledging the question by moving aside from the door by a step, thus angling his body aside, the guardsman was about to answer him when Changhui's eyes lit with the faintest light of recognition, realizing who had made her way up the stairs. Figuring that she'd only been exploring the ship before they set sail, waiting in idle until food was ready, Changhui greeted her with courtesy. She was a Master Smith's daughter after all, and the Dragon's Venture always did their best to provide the best courtesy and accommodations for those crafters they did business with. "If it suits the Miss, you are welcome to join me for lunch. The ship just disembarked not too long ago, so you'll be able to enjoy the view from the windows while you eat."

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Maori had not intended to be intrusive. She merely wanted to see new things and new places. That came from her adventurous spirit. Seeing the door at the end of the hall open though, she turned her head to see who it was that had opened it.

Seeing the guard she had met before she lowered her eyes with respect when he spoke to her. Turning her body to face Haran, she nodded her head and answered very politely.

"Yes of course. I am sorry for trespassing." She did not excuse her trespassing by ignorance or a desire to see outside. She merely turned to go. A voice stopped her movement before she was able to take her first step.

Glancing back up again she saw who it was that spoke again. The handsome one. He definitely had a way of looking better and better every time she saw him. Was she infatuated with him now? It was very probable. But she was a disciplined woman and would not openly show her interest beyond a slight blush upon her cheeks.

Did she want to join him for lunch? Oh dear. The mere thought of doing so, had her cheeks growing slightly colored again. She fought back her stomach flutters and gave a little bow. "If it pleases you Sir, I would return to my place and bother you no more."

Bowing again she waited for his dismissal. One reason why she also kept her eyes lowered was because if she did not, she knew she would probably blush even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 FotoFlexer_Photo83_zps81b1b3b8

After nodding curtly in Haran's direction to dismiss him to his task, a smile barely began to form upon Chanhui's lips. It appeared as though there was some amusement there, hidden behind his eyes, given what Maori'd just said.

Attention settling on her again, he spoke in answer; but it wasn't without that same concealed amusement traipsing its way into his tone of voice, "Your words are unfair. You are the daughter of the Master Smith with whom the Dragon's Venture does business, aren't you? What kind of situation would I find myself in if I turned you away?"

It was a rhetorical question. She may or may not understand just what it implied for him, but it should be at least a little apparent that it was not something they would want one of their business partners catching wind about -them turning away his daughter. The Dragon's Venture kept an impeccable image in their public relations where their trade was concerned, and Changhui wasn't going to be the one to single handedly mar it. The Lady Sienne would want to flay his hide.

With that, Changhui turned back into the room, leading her to a small, round table with two chairs sat at it. Beside it, there was a narrow bed and at the foot of it, a trunk. A brightly coloured blanket in golden yellow and green -Keroon colours- covered the bed, along with a spotted fur. On the wall over the bed, opposite one of the porthole windows, there hung a tapestry that displayed a large Keroon Hold Crest.

Beneath the Porthole windows, rising to a height just above the waist, narrow storage shelves wrapped around the remainder of the room. Some of them were fashioned for drawers, which were painted in Keroon Green, making that the most prominent colour in the room, other than for the natural polished wood that comprised the walls and remainder of the open shelf space. Small green curtains were pulled back from the windows, able to shade them in the evening, and between the two panes of circular glass, set upon the shelves below, was a brass candelabra. Though it was not lit at present, it would have made the room bright at night.

Taking a place for himself at the table, he leaned forward over the table onto forearms, where there was a map and compass, also a clear-ish, fist-sized stone of strange prismatic cut, and other computational tools laid out for use. "Please, have a seat. Food will be served shortly."

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 am

Maori was ready to depart and had suggested that she should, so that the young man would not feel obligated to ask again if he truly did not want her there. As it was, she was pleasantly surprised when his voice hinting at a subtle smile or amusement suggested just the opposite.

A little smile grew upon her lips and she nodded her compliance. Slipping past Haran in the tight space of the ship's hallway, she kept her eyes down and entered the room the handsome one had invited her into. She could not help but look around and admire all of the furnishings. It was a very rich room and well-kept too. She enjoyed the finery she saw and the colors of Karoon displayed were not lost upon her. Not for the first time did she wonder who he was.

Taking the seat across from him at the table, her eyes swept over the maps and then rested upon the prismatic-cut stone. "It is beautiful." The words were out of her mouth before she knew she had uttered them. A quick peek up to his face was made then and her smile grew a little more. "Thank you for inviting me to lunch. Thank you also for helping me to settle the issue with my father's shipment. You are very kind. But please, I do not even know your name? What shall you have me call my benefactor?" She asked him kindly with a gentle, humble voice, well fitting for a woman of lady-like training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:50 am

When they were seated, and Haran had gone to have their food brought up, the door thus shut behind them, Changhui's eyes rested easily upon the Master Smith's daughter, amused by her curiosity.

Though his smile did not permeate the expression there upon his youthful features, he did not appear quite as serious as when they'd previously crossed paths. "Have you seen one before? Do you know what it is?" He referred to the large stone that had become the first topic of her interest.

"It is a stone used for navigation at night, when the sun has disappeared over the horizon. The fading daylight reflects through the prism and becomes a guide for our direction. Even two candlemarks after nightfall, we can still use the sun to guide the ship. Though, these compasses are beginning to replace navigational stones like this." There were still many traditional, or hidebound Seacrafters set in their ways however, who would always use the tools they'd been brought up with.

When Maori asked about her benefactor's name, Changhui deflected the question by replying with some vagueness, just to focus her attention on the fact that he was working for the private guard employed by the Dragon's Venture. Though the words were a decoy, they were not untrue; it was simply not the whole truth. "I am the young Master here. My occupation here, is perhaps something akin to that of a General in the Hold Guard." And at such a young age! 

It didn't ever appear though, that he ever wore anything like knots of rank. Perhaps the private guard of the trade group did not actually adhere to official ranks like the Hold Guard? None of their uniforms seemed to have any noticeable difference amoungst them, to signify a difference in their standing.

At length, Changhui inquired, "How is it that a Master Smith's daughter has come to accompany his Trade to Fort? Is his daughter the only person he can trust?" A pause in his breath before he continued to ask, "And what is the name of the trustworthy young lady whom he has sent on his errand?"

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Maori was intrigued when he began to tell her what the pretty stone was for. She would never have guessed that in a million turns. "A navigational stone." She echoed quietly. "I think it is a wonderful tool and beautiful besides. I can see why the seacrafters use it. Not that they would take beauty into consideration but it is rather amazing."

He asked her name and she replied, "I am called Maori by my father. Lady-in-Training Maori is what my mother calls me. I think she would have me be the Lady of all Pern." She grinned a little to show that she was teasing. "So...Sir General." She was wondering if he were teasing her. Smirking just slightly she asked him. "Does this young Master General before me have a name I might call him?"

A sea bird flew by the window and distracted her attention briefly. So she turned her gaze to see what might lay outside. Then after a moment she returned her attention to the 'handsome one' and waited for his answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:50 pm

It was amazing just how patient and intent the young man's eyes were, as he listened to her. It was as though her speaking was the only thing in the world that was going on right at that moment. He seemed to be an incredible listener. One could tell that he must be quite a considerate person, as well, given the look of thoughtfulness behind those dark, if not slightly sad eyes.

When she had spoken, Changhui addressed her question, "Just as you are called Maori, or Lady-in-Training, I am only known as the Young Master." 

About that time, Haran entered the room, and behind him, a man from the kitchen who carried a large tray laden with food enough for both of them.

After Haran had cleared the table of everything else, everything upon the tray was set upon the table instead. Hot tea was served in small cups to them, and the kettle set upon a small burner to keep it warm, while plate covers were individually lifted to reveal steaming dishes beneath them. The food was served on finely painted porcelain china, and polished eating utensils set out for their use.

Nodding his dismissal of the cook, the man left the room and Haran closed the door behind him. The Guardsman though, remained with them, though he stood nearby, toward one side of the room, so as not to disturb their meal.

Motioning for her to help herself to the food, Changhui was the first to pick up his utensils to begin eating. "Don't be shy about your appetite. I'm sure you're hungry. Please, help yourself."

Amoungst the delectable dishes before them, were bowls of noodle and vegetable soup, rice and grilled fish, as well as sides of pickled things. Fruit had also been made available.

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Young Master? She nodded respectfully when he gave her that title to call him by. Her curiosity was still very much alive. Perhaps even more so now then before. Who was this Young Master? And why did he look so sad? Or perhaps it was her imagination that made him so. One thing she could not help but notice was his great consideration when she spoke. He truly seemed interested in everything that she had to say, no matter how silly she thought she might sound.

"Young Master." She repeated the title with a slight nod of her head. "Very well. I may be tempted to ask your guard companion what your name is if you are too humble to speak of it." She tipped her chin down and lowered her eyes. Perhaps she was being too forward. Her mother would surely berate her for her boldness. "Forgive me." She tried to make amends. "I am just a silly girl with too much curiosity."

She remained quiet then and turned to look upon the door as it opened. Seeing Haran and the cook enter and set out the meal before them. She did not look awkward or out of place. She was accustomed to being served this way. She had also learned to serve others in like manner. So she inclined her head in ladylike thanks to those that prepared their dinner before herself and Young Master.

Flicking her eyes up to Young Master's face when he encouraged her to eat, she smiled slightly and took the tea pot and delicately poured him the tea before preparing her own. She did it exactly as her mother has shown to her. She knew her mother would be pleased. Setting the teapot down upon its place again, she waited for him to gather what food he would and then she took her place in gathering her own.

She was not a sloppy eater. But when she was with her father and the guards she had trained under she did not worry so much about the daintiness of eating like a lady. In this situation though, he held herself in check and behaved appropriately. She ate like a lady but with an extra subtle flare of disobedience. A subtle slurp of a noodle and the slight smirk it set to her lips when she heard the sound. A quick glance was given to Young Master then to see if he would disapprove. She did not glance towards Haran. He was obviously on 'duty' so she treated him as if he were not there. If he addressed her directly she would show him proper respect. For now, it was as if she and Young Master were the only ones in the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 FotoFlexer_Photo57_zps25fd86cb

At Maori's shy confession that she might go so far as to ask other Guard or Crew about his identity when he wasn't around, Changhui couldn't help but let that faint smile return to him, "You may ask them, if you want."

Her deeply curious nature intrigued him; he just hoped that she wouldn't let it get the better of her one day. 

The extent of Maori's propriety when the meal was served, was not lost on him, though he supposed he would only be able to expect as much from a girl of the Master Smith's house. 

Eating his meal rather quietly, not much for conversation over his food, his silence was broken when the girl ate so eagerly that she had slurped her food. For the first time since they'd met, Changhui managed a smile that seemed casual enough to express more of his true humour, "The food is good, isn't it? I'm sure the cooks would appreciate the complement."

Taking a couple more bites from his plate, and having finished the fish there, Changhui emptied the cup of warm tea. Setting it back down on the small table, between them, he set fished a single, long noodle from the bowl to taste the soup with her. Obviously unable to manage getting the entire length of the noodle in his mouth at once, he too, allowed a little slurp of it. 

Unable to keep himself from grinning, his expression became almost bashful before he took the bowl up to drink its contents. Doing so, was probably to hide the silly smile he wore just then. He'd really tried to stifle it.

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

If a man finishes his tea, re-fill it with a pause of the pot before the contents are poured to allow him the option of waving it away. Never touch the pot to the cup. Never meet the eyes of the man for longer then a heartbeat. Never laugh in a man's presence. Smile only.

On and on and on, her mother's training echoed around her mind. It was mostly second nature now but some of it she still had to walk herself through. When she took the pot to refill his cup and then replaced it again afterwards, she glanced up briefly and that is when she saw and heard the slurp of the noodle.

Forgetting her place she nearly laughed but only a very small sound escaped before she forced herself to look down. Her smile though was not a dainty little tilt of lady-like gentleness. It was a full blown smirking smile as she blushed horribly and tried to contain her joy at having heard him slurp his noodle too.

When he raised the bowl to his lips she glanced up again and immediately caught a glimpse of his own expression before it was hidden by the bowl. Oh goodness, could this Young Master be any more adorable! Shoving those thoughts down, as her cheeks burned with her efforts to control her emotions, Maori looked down at her own soup bowl and pondered for a moment whether to let go her ladylike training and pick it up too.

Debating for a brief moment she threw caution to the wind and picked up her own bowl and silently drank of its contents. Then she regretted her choice and wondered if the Young Master would be disgusted by her behavior. Then it was as she was taking another drink of her soup, still hiding behind her own bowl, that memory returned with a sharp strike.

This wonderful, adorable, handsome, kind young man had seen her...naked! He had been the one to try and save her when she had been swimming in the sea. A sharp inhale of shocked horror caused the soup to enter her wrong and she had to set the bowl down in a hurry as she began to choke. She kept her eyes closed, too horrified and embarrassed to look upon the man she had so quickly taken a fancy to as she fought for breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Changhui couldn't erase the cherubic smile that permeated his entire expression, after Maori had gone back to pick up her own bowl and drink from it. But perhaps he'd let himself get carried away in the fun of the moment; he blamed himself, when she inhaled some of the liquid while laughing. At least, he thought that's what had happened. Because, to tell the truth, Changhui hardly retained any conscious memory of her the first time they'd met. He'd been too focused on saving her from drowning -not to mention, he possessed a great sense of propriety that didn't allow him to think so lewdly. 

Placing his bowl back on the table, Changhui started to get up from his chair, wondering if she needed help, as Maori coughed reflexively. 

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Maori was even more embarrassed then before when the Young Master began to stand up. His concern for her welfare was very touching though but she did not want him to bother himself. Her attempt at a smile and a nod of her head was her attempt to sooth his fears.

When she was finally able to breathe again she held her eyes down for a moment and took a few steadying breaths. Then she gave him the truth. She figured if she were to tell of it outwardly then she could move beyond it. Hopefully she would not make their dinner too awkward.

"Forgive me Young Master. I seem to have remembered being saved by you while naked. It was not something I wanted to recall at that moment for I do seem to have taken a liking to you. I am fine now. Truly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Halfway to lending a helping hand, Changhui was reassured by the nod of her head that she was alright. Just as he'd been about to seat himself however, she just had to bring up the incident from a couple of evenings ago.

Her mention of it caught him off guard, so as he sat back in his chair again, the young man brought a hand up, coughing into it and clearing his throat. Did Maori always open her mouth inappropriately? It seemed as though she must have good upbringing, but her tact was a little off. At least in the sense that she certainly knew how to make a situation awkward. He could have told her that he hadn't been looking at her nakedness; he was dragging her out of the water, so his attention had been elsewhere, and even when they reached the shore, he'd kindly kept his eyes from roaming. He did possess an honest sense of propriety. However, no matter what he said, it was unlikely to put her at much ease. The entire situation itself would have been embarrassing, regardless of what he saw or didn't see. 

He must have seemed somewhat shy when his eyes averted from her own, turning back down to the food in front of him as he started to take up his utensils again. "It had escaped my memory until you brought it up." Honestly, she should worry more about putting herself in that kind of situation again, where she was alone by herself, and without clothes! 

Changhui didn't seem to consider too deeply the matter of her liking him -he could assume she meant as acquaintances and leave it at that. There was no room in his life for relationships beyond that, for the time being. So, of it, he made no comment. If the girl continued to think that her infatuation was something more than just piqued curiosity and childish infatuation, then she would be disappointed to know that her feelings would have to remain unrequited. In any case, they had only recently met, and there was no way that she could logically feel anything more for him than that.

Continuing his meal, Changhui fell silent after that, until he was about done eating.

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Maori berated herself harshly and silently for opening her mouth and saying what she had just said. If her mother had been there, she would have been punished for a certainty.

Feeling horrible for being so rude, Maori nodded acknowledgement for what he had said on the matter and without looking at him again, she turned back to her own meal and ate at a much more subdued and ladylike fashion than before. She liked being adventurous and bold but not when it made someone else uncomfortable.

Without knowing his thoughts she hoped that he took her 'liking' to mean in friendship only. Sure he was incredibly handsome and she wouldn't mind having a husband one day that matched him in looks and propriety but she stood no chance with this one. Her father would be the one to choose her future husband, not her childish whims. So she put it aside and remained focused on her food.

When she was done, she kept her eyes lowered and very quietly spoke with her hands nestled gently in her lap. "Forgive me please. I behaved very rudely and you have been nothing but kind. If it pleases you I will return to my place on the ship with gracious thanks."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Changhui had finished his meal at about the same time as Maori, taking his time to savour the flavours of each dish individually, and in appropriate order by course. 

Upon hearing the girl express her apologies, a faint smile returned to him, "You are my guest here, and guests appropriately receive generous pardon. You are not at fault in any way. Please, be at ease." Pausing, he went on to change the subject. "Is there anything else you would like to eat or drink? Or perhaps you'd rather walk about the ship for a while, or check on your men? These quarters can feel cramped."

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Maori was pleased with her gracious host for being so forgiving. She really ought to keep better control of her tongue. In answer to his inquiry she glanced up to his face briefly before dropping her gaze again and saying, "You are a gracious host. Thank you. I do not wish to drink anything."

She really did want to walk around the ship some more but she'd already made a mess of things. She figured the most responsible thing to do was... "I would check on my men and the cargo. Thank you again for your kind hospitality."

Standing, she bowed her head a little and then waited to be dismissed. She still knew very little about him. But what she did know was enough to prompt her to show this young man all the respect she could muster. He was someone of importance. That was all she knew. That was all she need to know.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Accepting the compliments with a gentle grin, Changhui attributed her appreciative nature to a good upbringing in the Master Smith's family. He didn't acknowledge the words otherwise, however. Instead, after a moment, Changhui stood from his chair.

"You have no need to worry about your cargo, here. Once we've reached Fort Sea Hold however, if you'd prefer the assistance, I can arrange for our Guard to accompany you to where you are going." 

Glancing toward Haran, Changhui offered a subtle nod, after which, the Guardsman moved to the door to open it, so that Maori could take her leave when she was ready. "And I won't keep you from checking on your men, any longer." He motioned toward the door, "We should arrive to Fort Sea Hold within a little more than a day, should good weather hold out."

[Attica, if you want, we can wrap this thread up soon, and start them off in a new one at Fort Sea Hold, having arrived at their port of call >D  hehehehe.  And of course you have your Random Event we can play out lol. Unless there was something else you had in mind for on their journey there?]

Back to top Go down
Attica

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Maori noticed the gentle smile upon his lips and was grateful that he had such proper decorum. She was also a lot smarter than she let on. Because of her foolish behavior at the table she learned much about the kind of person this Young Leader was. One thing she truly considered a great asset to any man but not often seen, was his proper decorum and the way he had not even considered such lewd thoughts about having seen her naked that day. Yes her 'blundering' in front of him like that had been very embarrassing to be sure but a necessary sacrifice. This Young Master had gained a point of trust with her, something she did not grant very easily at all.

Straightening her shoulders slightly, Maori let her shy little mouse facade slip and put on a slightly more confident air. She was not obnoxious or fake. She just chose to reveal her more ... silly, blundering, shy side. She did not reveal that part of her to just anyone. It was a dangerous world out there. But on board this ship, with her men nearby, she felt it was going to be alright.

Did she find him attractive? Yes. Was he handsome? Yes. But really, it did not rule her as much as she displayed at dinner. She didn't allow it to.

When he stood from his chair in proper decorum, she smiled gently too. A true lady without the blushing blunder. Grateful that he really was one of those rare men that she might one day call friend.

"The offer of a guard is generous but unnecessary. Thank you." She replied without even a hint of the awkwardness she had allowed herself to feel only moments before.

"Let us hope for fair weather then." Maori dipped her head slightly and turned when the guard opened the door for her. Hesitating just briefly at his side before exiting through it, she turned to the guardsman there and acknowledged him with a kind hint of a smile. "Thank you."

Then she flowed through the door in proper fashion with a humble yet confident grace. Back to her men and the horses she would go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Changhui remained in place as she turned to leave, the fingertips of one hand brushing the tabletop to rest idly as he watched her go. "A good day to you, then."

When she'd departed from the room, and Haran had gently closed the door between them, the Guard turned back to face the young master of the Dragon's Venture. The two men met one another's gaze for a moment, Changhui letting out a bit of a sigh. So, Haran inquired after it, "Is there something the matter?"

"No." The young man looked beside him, through the porthole window there, "If you'll have someone come to take the food away, I think I'm going to rest. You may do so, as well. And you should eat. Be sure to do so."

Inclining his head to acknowledge the words, Haran turned in militaristic fashion upon a heel, back toward the door, taking his leave from the room. 

Once Haran had gone, Changhui went to stand before the window and look out through it, hands clasped at the small of his back as he let his consciousness sink into his own private thoughts. It wasn't long though, until one of the kitchen's staff came to load the plates and other dishes back onto a tray, disappearing through the door without so much as a word, nor acknowledgement from young man. It was when the cook was gone, that Changhui turned from the window to go and sit on his bed, leaning his back against the wall, facing the portholes, to rest himself there, still in thought. 

[ehhh i suppose we can fade out whenever you want to now.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)   Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Return of the Dragon's Reach (Tags: Maori)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2