Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:44 pm

It amazed him, the stance that Noxaura took on the whole situation. She'd been following him all along; how could he not assume she'd come here because she'd followed him somehow? Though it was just as strange that she ended up here just prior to he. Regardless, of that though...

For a moment longer, Axiar stood quietly, listening to her chatter, never removing the sword from where it positioned.

Axiar had no idea how she could be so bold, nor so sure of that assumption in the face of him; at least given the fact that she had already taken him for a rebel. What kind of faction did she believe the Chorong Rebels to be? They weren't exactly known for their benevolent deeds.

So it was, he addressed that final statement by her, "I wouldn't be so sure of that."

Sladpping her hand aside with the flat side of the blade, Axiar rushed forward, pressing her back until she couldn't go any further, at which point, he spun her around roughly and stuck the point of his weapon to her back.

Axiar knew exactly how much preasure he would have to apply to draw blood, but he didnt. He did however, sever the bottom laces of her corset, the tension releasing on the garment gradually as he drew the reverse-gripped blade along her spine. While he did so, his other hand held her firmly by the arm, without any concern for her comfort.

He watched her carefully for whatever response was elicited, daring only to slowly cut the laces from the bottom three gromets of her dress; the sharp edge of his sword probablly just started to draw blood -just barely.. he was obviously being careful. Well.. careful, or tempting her.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 B4da92f5-c68d-4f86-82d6-096b7ff10d9b_zps704c8346

She gasped, suddenly aware that he was trying to intimidate her. Well she wouldn't be intimidated. Even if he was stronger and wielding a weapon, Noxaura didn't see any reason why he should resort to killing mostly innocent young women. He probably had not thought this through very well.

"Really? Ugh." She said as he ruined her dress. Although his grip was uncomfortable it was more irritating to know she would have to repair her garment. "Do you have any idea how long that will take to fix?"

She groaned, "This dress is worth more than my life. You dimglow."

As she felt the tip of the blade breaking her skin, she thought maybe she had pushed him too far. But then she thought about it, he was nowhere near ready to kill her.Otherwise he wouldn't be holding her against a wall.

"My stepfather is going to kill me and if he doesn't my mother will and if she doesn't then I'm just going to be indentured to them for the rest of my life. Just kill me now, it'll be faster, easier and my fingers won't hurt."

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 pm

"I don't see how cost matters when it seems as though you're quite adept at coming by many expensive and priceless things by your own methods." The retort was perhaps a little sharp, but spoken quietly into her ear from where he stood, letting his breath be felt lightly upon the side of her neck.

Axiar felt half tempted to tell her it would be more pleasurable to know that she was being indentured to servitude for the remainder of her days here, than to do the killing for them; anyway, if she were very serious, it just wasn't his style to bring undue harm to those weaker than himself -though in certain aspects he couldn't exactly consider her 'weaker', per say. Perhaps that is why he'd resorted to battling her on her own grounds in some way.

Hmmmmm... He mused silently in his head, wondering just what he should do. Whether she really knew it or not, she was right; he couldn't kill her. And he didn't really have any desire to leave any deeper cut that might leave a scar behind, so what to do?

At length, Axiar finally answered her final statement, the words bringing a chuckle beneath his breath even before he spoke them. "Your servitude awaits you then. "

With that, the man with amber eyes like an eagle's used the blade in hand to sever the remainder of the ties up the back of the dress, cutting it completely loose of her form. Figuring that this was the only way to best her, he wondered if she would continue to seek him, now? Not like she'd be able to go walking freely through the streets like this... she might just have to wait until dark to get home. Or maybe even use a saddle blanket or something to cover herself on her way home. Well, whatever she chose to do, there was likely no easy answer -not one that she would likely prefer.

So, stepping back from her, Axiar sheathed his sword, replacing it at his side as he eyed the girl, awaiting a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:38 pm

This was where telling someone the truth got you. Now she knew why she preferred to lie. At least she could get some pleasure out of lying.

"It doesn't matter how I come by them. I don't sell them and therefore they are priceless and will not help in this situation." She said back, through gritted teeth. As thrilling as having a sword in her back might be, she wasn't sure she wanted him that close to her when her dress was half undone.

The dress was worth more than she should have mentioned because it seemed to her, he wanted her to be punished forever. It made her angry. Why did he have to be so hateful? Then he went and tore the rest of the lacing.

She let the bodice of the dress fall, after all, her undergarments made certain he couldn't really see anything important. Turning to face him, she glared. If looks could kill, he would be dead where he stood. "You maggot faced, ass-hat!" Her hands were balled into fists at her sides.

Nox didn't say she never thought he would do that. Obviously he was capable of many stupid things. Given one more second to think about her situation she grew even angrier. No one could say she wasn't a passionate person.

And then she came at him, fists beating towards his chest.

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Expression unmoved by her severe words, he was honestly a little surprised that she came back at him so strongly. And now he knew how best to defeat her. By tampering with her 'things'. Even when she refused to seem to care for anything else.

But it seemed that their little game seemed to have gotten to the point of going too far, because when she turned and started throwing fists his way, Axiar could sense that it wasn't out of indignant, stubborn behaviour. He'd truly upset her, in a way much deeper.

Though remorse was not beyond him, he wouldn't let himself regret what he'd just done. She was equally as deviant, he had no doubts. But all the same, he didn't do anything to avoid her strikes as he usually would have. There was not much damage she'd be able to do to him like this, anyway.

Letting her pound on his chest a few times, his hands soon rested on her shoulders, sliding down to where they could hold more firmly at the sides of her arms. Drawing Noxaura to him then, much closer to his chest, it was so that she'd have no way of hitting him.

He'd gone quiet again, but was looking down, into her eyes, wondering if he'd almost made her cry; she was so worked up over it. And... well... honestly, he'd had no intention of making her cry. But she was always acting so strong. How could she cry?

Watching her eyes intently, he waited to see if she would calm down before saying or doing anything else. Though, in that moment, he was perhaps more than just a little tempted to lower his head to kiss her -if not just to seek her response. But he didn't.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:00 am

Extreme as punching someone in the chest over and over for cutting her dress might have seemed, it was not so severe in here own mind. She was angry. He had made her angry and that only served to make her even angrier. Why could he not have accepted that she had come here for a completely different purpose than he accused her of? Granted, she was never one to tell the truth when a lie could do better. It was only when she told the truth that people didn’t believe her. Lies were easier to believe because they were usually what people wanted to hear.

When he held her, she stopped punching, because she had no choice and because she sort of froze up. Technically speaking, he was just trying to keep her from attacking him so he had pulled her in but it didn’t feel like she was being held there for that reason. Maybe that was why she froze. All she knew was her arms had suddenly stopped working along with her words.

She might have considered he held her in an intimate fashion, if he hadn’t just threatened to kill her and then tore apart the laces on her dress, although that in and of itself would make this seem more intimate. Noxaura was not the sort of young woman who found herself in the arms of random men. She did not flirt or even tease men. In that respect she had been a very proper hold girl. What he was doing now was entirely improper.

Nox could always scream to summon help. She could thrash until he let her go. There were any number of ways for her to get out of his hold and no doubt he would allow her to leave without a second thought. She didn’t see why it was so easy for him to dismiss her. Although she had come to the conclusion that he was peculiar.

Her brown eyes stared back at him, not knowing what to say just then. She was bolder than perhaps he might have expected but she was still rather innocent when it came to men and woman and how they might behave in this kind of embrace. In fact the embrace in and of itself made her wonder if he was actually attracted to her in some way. Nox knew better though, she knew better than to think about his beautiful golden eyes while he stared at her. She knew better than to think about how strong his arms were as he held her there.

She cursed herself inwardly. He was a murderer. He was no better than the men who killed her father, she absolutely could not allow herself to find him attractive. Besides he was a complete mystery, she knew next to nothing about him. They could never even consider being together in any capacity. Besides, he said he was leaving. There was one part of her not in accord with the rest, if he was leaving then what harm was there in being attracted to him?

She did not know what to say. Maybe for once, he could say something instead.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Though he wished he could have admitted otherwise, outside of the periodic pillowcrafter, Axiar had never been in an intimate relationship before. And honestly, pillowcrafters were exceptions to those types of relationships generally. So, being with Noxaura like this now, was pretty exciting for him.

Noxaura was herself quite different from most of the girls he'd ever known, though he'd never had any close girl Friends before. He did find her just as interesting as she must have found him to be, and even sought to tempt her in unusual ways just to find out what sort of reaction he'd elicit. Not just because her reactions were amusing, but because she possessed a certain boldness of spirit that many girls didn't. Feeling out her strengths and weaknesses, all of her little personal particularities, lent a little excitement to their interactions so long as it was all in order to conquer her in the end.

Axiar didn't think of her like that necessarily -just something to be conquered- but that was his masculine instinct, and she'd piqued the intrigue of that instinct by making herself a difficult target.

Though he should have had no intention whatsoever of becoming any more 'intimate' than they'd gotten already, Axiar felt himself more and more inclined to want to kiss her lips the longer they stood like that, together. But still hesitant... abiding by an ever duty-bound heart, he too, was unmoving for some time, simply lost, staring back at her, being drawn into the depths of her dark, glassy eyes.

Reluctance though, seemed to wane, as his head lowered very gradually; as though he waited for her to sense what was coming, and push him abruptly away. But perhaps they were both still frozen with that anticipation, because it didn't come as swiftly as he thought, and soon his lips hovered just above hers, barely brushing over them with the intent to kiss. Only, he didn't kiss her. Though he wanted to.

Considering what it would be like to have this girl fall into his embrace, weak with desire and a desire to be loved and cared for, Axiar, in that moment, thought that perhaps he could be the one to fulfill her in that. But perhaps he was letting his thoughts run away on him, forgetting again his purpose here at Telgar River Hold.

Still... with their lips so near -near enough to feel her sweet breath- it was difficult want to pull himself away.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

There was a knot in her throat and her stomach. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t speak and all that was left to do was to watch him. As he stared back into her eyes, she knew she had not been wrong to think he was attracted. He might not be the first young man to think so but he was the first who had caught her eye as well. Part of the excitement in tricking him and taunting him had been that she didn’t know him and had no idea what he would do next. It only bothered her that he wasn’t equally as intrigued but now she saw it differently. He had led her through a merry chase on purpose. He wanted her to be interested.

Well it had worked, which she did not really want to admit. As his lips came toward hers she thought about shoving him and telling him not to dare. She also thought no one had to know he kissed her and where was the harm in a kiss? Only he did not kiss her, just tempted her with the thought but his mouth remained close. Close enough that if she wanted she could kiss him. If she wanted…

She knew she wanted to. What was the worst that could come of kissing him? Rejection? She did not handle rejection well at all. He obviously wanted to kiss her though. Or why come so close if he didn’t fear she would tell him no? She should tell him no. Like a good hold girl.

Being good was not nearly as fun as being naughty.

With that thought in mind, she leaned her head in just enough to have her lips meet his. She was gentle, soft in her kiss, a bit unsure of what she should do. Noxaura felt her eyes close when she kissed him. She didn’t allow her lips to linger too long, pulling away and opening her eyes. Would he reject her now? Would he make the excuse that he shouldn’t be here or that he would be leaving?

Nox spoke with a slight tremble in her voice, "How very improper of me...I shouldn't have..."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:19 pm

She kissed him?! Axiar almost jolted, he was stunned enough that she obliged him such a thing. But instead, he remained, tasting her cherry lips for the first time -and perhaps the last? Yet, who was he to say?

Was she toying with him? Was she really just as intrigued by him as he'd been by she? Obviously all along, there'd been some vague interest there, but to think that in the short time they'd been together that it might have escalated this far?

Whatever the case might be, Axiar had let her do the kissing in the first round; his lips played a part, but he had not yet really kissed her back. Perhaps it was an innocent thing, letting her decide the extent of that first kiss, not wanting to put her off in some way by becoming too eager. So, as she stepped back from him, he looked into her eyes again, just as speechless, but did not release her. Instead, his hands tightened on her arms a bit, wanting to keep her close.

Honestly, Axiar wasn't quite sure just what he should do next -in such anticipation, his breath caught in his throat for a few seconds. He certainly didn't want to be too assuming; yet she had kissed him on her own volition. Wasn't that enough excuse to kiss her, in return?

Her words brought him away from that reverie for the time being, eyes sparkling at that, though his expression, still rather serious, was otherwise unchanged. And she was right to think that he probably should have turned and left from here long ago; left her to go about her normal activities, but it was too late for that now. When he bent to give her that opportunity to kiss him, it was decided -he would likely seek out her company through the rest of the day. Perhaps even the remainder of his time here, which was only for another day or two.

But if Noxaura wasn't going to press him for any unnecessary information constantly, then there was nothing to worry about. She, on the other hand, had already decided that it was acceptable to be caught in his company.

For a moment, Axiar wondered if he should tease her with another jab at her worrying over being 'proper' as any other Hold girl, reminding her again that he already knew she wasn't quite like the rest, even if she did hope to maintain some semblance of propriety about her behaviour, in general. Instead, he only offshouldered what blame she felt was there, putting some portion of it on himself. "There's no need to feel sorry. It was I who tempted you."

Far more gentle than he'd been with her before, granted the previous threats at sword point, Axiar's hands did not release her, but they softened on her arms, hoping for a moment longer she would stay. With great tenderness, his right hand slid up her shoulder and around to the back of her neck where he could gently hold her to him.

But again, where his head lowered with a growing desire to kiss her, he paused over her lips. This time, to speak softly, "Would it be wrong of me to return the kiss?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:13 pm

His reaction was hard to read and suddenly she felt as if maybe he had not wanted to cross that line with her. Maybe he had but he didn’t want her to know it. But when she tried to move back, he held her firmly to him. Of course he would find this all rather silly. He wasn’t a holder. It would be normal for him to have no rules of how to engage a woman. At least he was willing to admit his part. The tease!

Still he hadn’t really reacted all that favorably to continuing such acts while he readily admitted he had urged her to kiss him. Maybe he thought she would attack him again? Well she had no real reason to, unless he decided to try to hurt her or hinder her in some way again from doing what she wanted. Whatever she did, she always did for her own selfish reasons and the sooner he came to understand that, the sooner he would realize how truly corrupted she already was.

There was nothing he could do to make her a worse person or a better one. She was who she was. If he was concerned for her reputation he shouldn’t be. None of her peers would DARE start a rumor about her and lying was as natural to her as telling the truth was to most people. No one would ever suspect or care.

No one really ever cared what she did. So why should she? If it affected other people around her badly, oh well.

His grip changed, softened and one hand came up to old her neck, so that she was closer to him. He wanted her nearer? Noxaura wanted to believe she had not scared him off with her boldness. A hold-boy would be long gone by now. She would have made him nervous with her affectionate act; which was why she never had much interest in Hold boys or Hold men for that matter.

He had bent his head again, lowering his lips where he stopped to ask permission. She could almost have laughed because he seemed so unsure how to proceed with her. She didn’t laugh though. She didn’t hint that she found it amusing he would ask what she wanted. Shouldn’t it have been obvious? If she was still there, she figured there was a reason. He had yet to leave too, which meant he wanted to be around her.

“It would be very wrong.” She said in a breathless voice because she didn’t care that it was wrong. “Kiss me anyway.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:47 pm

At the insistence of her words, he bore no more hesitation, meeting her lips in the next breath. If there was a next breath; because that contact between them felt like a million fireworks coursing through him, completely tantalizing every one of his senses.

Unlike her previous kiss, Axiar did not let her break free of this one so easily. He was a full participant, and while their lips were ardently locked, he let his left hand lower around her waist, sliding his hand across her lower back where he could feel her warmth beneath her bodice; but still remain separated by the thin layer of underclothing she wore.

Eventually, their lips parted long enough to take a breath, giving him a moment to orient himself again, but.. only just long enough. Soon, his lips were on hers again.

Axiar wasn't sure how long they stood there like that, kissing, it could have been a few minutes or half a candlemark, but it didn't matter. Neither of them had anywhere to go just yet. Though, he did need to figure a way to get her dress fixed since he'd been the one to ruin it for her. Previously, he'd planned on leaving her there, until she came at him, hitting him. After that, every one of his cruel plans dissolved into.. well... this.

"It'll be dark soon. Come with me, and I'll have your dress fixed before you return home." Really, he didn't want to make it seem as though she had a choice. Though, he knew she'd do whatever she so pleased; yet, he was hopeful she'd stay with him a while longer.

So, undoing the belt and sash about his waist, both his sword and the scroll tube stashed under the collar of his tunic were removed with it. Then, unwrapping himself of his tunic, he laid it about her shoulders to cover her. Tying the sash and belt back around his middle, he secured the scroll tube and sword there, leaving his fairly well-sculpted torso and arms bare.

He seemed to watch her for just a moment then, gauging her reaction before reaching to take her hand. "Follow me." At which point, if she did not resist him, he would head them off toward the Inn he'd a room at, while most of the Settlement was already inside their own homes, eating dinner.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Surprised at his sudden fervor, she felt her lips responding before she could think. Not that thinking seemed to matter at all. Nox felt her heart thudding in her chest, her mouth opened slightly under the pressure of his lips. She didn’t know when to come up for air but he eventually allowed them both a moment to collect themselves.

It wasn’t for long though, as she found her lips back on his. Her arms wrapped around him, of their own accord. She was going with her feelings and not overthinking any of this. It was easier than she thought. It was more fun than she thought. No wonder holders didn’t do this in public; they’d never get anything done. His hand on the small of her back elicited, a feeling of pleasure and support. He could stay right where he was forever. Noxaura wasn’t keeping track of time, she didn’t know how long they’d been kissing but she knew they weren’t going to be able to control themselves for long if they continued. Luckily he had some sense.

When he broke them apart again, she was a bit out of breath. They were going? She wasn’t going to be seen looking like this though. Not that she minded being seen with him just that she didn’t also need to be seen with her dress half torn off. Nox shouldn’t have worried though. “Alright.” She said, not resisting the idea of going with him to get her dress fixed. While they had been kissing, she had forgotten about the torn dress.

She watched him take off his shirt and bit back the desire that flooded her. All that kissing and then he had to take his shirt off, maybe he was seducing her a little at a time. It was certainly working if that was his plan. When he was done fiddling around with his sash, he offered her his hand.

Like last night, his hand felt rather nice in hers. And she followed him wordlessly to the Inn. If people saw them, they didn’t really care. Not that anyone ever cared what she was doing. Would it even matter if she went home? She doubted it, although she could hardly ask him to bring her with him when he left. She didn’t even know his name.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 The-masked-swordsman-displays-incredible-grace-and-skill0_zps806816f3

More than a little pleased that Noxaura put up no resistance to the idea of following him, he wondered just what she might be thinking just then. Did she expect it to be solely for the sake of fixing her dress and salvaging her good fortunes upon returning home? Or did she think he was the type to lure her there by such a method, in order to pull her into his bed? Honestly, he wasn't sure which he intended more heartily. Though, after that last kiss...

Passing through less frequently traveled allies to get them to the Inn, he figured it was a good thing that the Inn was packed with evening diners and drinkers, too occupied with their merrymaking to really take notice of the two of them making their way through the door and to the stairs that wound upward to the second floor.

When they entered the room, it was arranged in the typical manner of any other Inn, only a few of his things left to be seen about the room; such as the black mask and long white wig still propped on the bedside table in plain view. It was as though he hadn't a concern at all that someone of the Inn's staff wouldn't happen into the room and discover it, knowing that word was all over the streets by now, about the masked and white-haired performer with the sword -and that that in the midst of his performance, he took the lives of multiple Guardsmen. Tragic.

Other than that, there was really only a couple of sets of clothes left draped over the end of the bed, and a small travel pack situated in one corner; but it seemed deflated of any contents.

Closing the door behind them, Axiar focused on his breathing so that he could resist her for a little longer. He'd promised to get her a new lacing for the gown she wore, and didn't know how quickly she might want to leave here. Honestly, he had no idea just how eagerly she wanted to be with him.

Removing the scroll tube and sword from his belt, the weapon was leaned against the wall beside the pack, and the other, he opened to inspect briefly, making sure that its contents were all still in tact. Rolling the scrolls open just long enough to be certain they were originals, they were soon replaced and the entire tubing set at the bottom of his bag.

Sitting at the edge of the bed then, he leaned his posture forward over his knees to rest elbows upon them, hands clasping together there; his eyes came up to rest on her at the same time. "I suppose I shouldn't keep you waiting any longer. I'm sure you would like to have those new laces I promised. And your family must be waiting on your return for dinner."

Of course, in truth, he had little idea about what her family was like, thus little idea whether or not they'd be waiting for her. But he did have that promise to keep and though he didn't really want to leave her just yet, he thought he wasn't probably going to have much choice. If she needed to be back home by a certain time, there was little he could do about that.

Well... he'd let her fill in the rest of the details and decide things from there.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

The young woman, deduced after going through the crowded inn that no one would notice her at all. She was certain that mystery man here hadn’t brought her to his room to talk about her laces. She was pretty sure he wanted to spend time with her. He wasn’t prepared to admit that out loud it seemed though as he suggested she might be in a hurry to get home.

She looked around the bare bones room and decided it must be like that when one traveled often. She had her possessions but they were all small for that very reason. She could move them or travel with them if so she chose. Noxaura stood observing the room for a few moments as he brought up her possible need to go home.

“I stay out late on occasion. They will not expect me. I’m free to come and go as I please so long as I do my chores.” She shrugged then moved to sit down next to him on the bed. “I’ll need the new laces too though before I leave…” Not that she was in any rush to go.

“Are you trying to get rid of me again?” She said with a laugh. “I thought we were having fun?”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Right. It had been implied more than once that she was deprived of attention at home. It only made sense she nor anyone else cared what time she made it back home. That also made him wonder if he should be surprised she'd followed him here, being that he was giving her at least some of that attention she desired. Her brief story about her family confirmed it.

"If we take long, none of the crafters will be out, available to get your laces from and we'll have to wait until morning."  

Take too long doing what? And, well, he didn't think he'd mind the 'until morning' if she was in no hurry to leave. But she hadn't mentioned staying out all night. Only staying out past most young ladies' bedtime. Occasionally. Still... she might be willing to make that exception and come up with some excuse later. Anyway, it seemed she was good at that; lying and finding excuses. Not that it bothered him any.

When she sat down on the bed next to him, he let his eyes wander over her form for a moment before reaching to remove his tunic from her shoulders. Of course, with the top of her dress loose about her bust and shoulders, he could hardly keep himself from staring. Desire welled up in him again as he tore his eyes off of her long enough to toss the tunic shirt over the end of his bed like the rest of his clothes.

From there, Axiar reached to remove the dress from her shoulders, letting it sidle down her arm and across her chest a bit further to leave even more of her soft, fair skin bare. His eyes and hands both, were eager to take her in, though his hands beginning much more gently than his eyes let on. It was obvious now, which direction his mind was traveling in.

"If I could, I would just take you with me, and there would be no need for you to have to go back home."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 55d81593-d23d-46f1-a17a-736a78973828_zps8a9af1a6

Until morning? Nox did not think waiting till morning was a good idea. Why should she still be here in the morning? He was getting a little ahead of himself wasn't he? She did not know him that well as it was and the more she thought about the more nervous being here made her. Not because it was him but because how easy, how fast it was for him to move from one thing with her to the next. Was there an amount of time a person would normally spend before doing any of this? She knew it wasn't two days.

However, he did have to leave town, so she supposed he was used to seeing people only briefly. Maybe he felt he didn't have much time with her. That was a depressing thought. Nox supposed it wouldn't be so bad to wait till morning. She'd have to be at the shop to work tomorrow though.

She didn't say anything to the morning comment. Some things were better left without saying a word. Noxaura was neither confirming or denying that she would be here come morning.

With his tunic removed, she saw the desire in his eyes. His hands were deftly handling the top part of her dress. She felt her chest tighten again. Surprised by his admission that he wanted to take her with him when he left she went wide eyed.

"I wish you could take me away." But since he couldn't and since she was stuck in the Settlement, they might as well make the most of their time. Her body turned a little so she could face him. One of her hands reached up and traced his jawline, ending at his chin where it stopped.

"Would it be very wrong of me to kiss you now?"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 pm

She'd kissed him earlier hadn't she? And he had kissed her. Why would there be a problem with doing so now?

Instead of answering her aloud however, he went back to being his silent self, answering her only in action. Leaning forward to meet her, his lips sought hers out again. Momentarily thereafter, he was pressing her back onto the bed, though never once breaking their kiss.

His hands rested to either side of her then, propping himself up over her, though it didn't take long for one of them to make its way to her skirts, hiking the hem of it up so that his hand could ease its way in a gentle glide all the way up the outside of her thigh. The whole time, kissing her.

Once his hand rested near her hip, Axiar sat up enough to look her in the eye again, making sure she held no reservations about what was likely to happen if she let him go any further. "Will you regret it? Lying with me now? Though you don't know who I am? Knowing you don't even know my name?" He was giving her the chance to stop him there, if she spoke but a word against it; but it would be her last chance.

And thinking about it now, it was a little unfair being together like this, but leaving her without knowing his name. He figured if she asked again, he might tell her -just to be nice, this once. Or perhaps he wouldn't. He might find it in himself to tease her with that secret a little bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:04 pm

If she was nervous, she never let on. She didn't have any intention of letting him see that she was at all out of her element. Although she hoped he would assume she was pure even if her actions thus far might suggest otherwise. Kissing was a good place to start though, even if she realized a little slowly where his hands were roaming.

Again she was a little concerned about where this was going. On the other hand, she wasn't concerned enough to stop him. As serious as he was when he asked her, she responded.

"I don't know." She paused, "I didn't think about it." Noxaura did not answer if she wanted him to continue or not. "I should keep my honor. Shouldn't I? I'm a hold-bred girl and no respectable hold girl would even be in this position." Course she wasn't going to say she was at all as respectable as people believed.

"This is going to sound crazy..." Probably because it was a little crazy. "I don't feel like I don't know you even if you haven't seen fit to tell me your name. I doubt you'd tell me your real name anyway. Handsome rogues are not known for their honesty."

Then she cupped his face with her hand and brought her lips to his for a quick kiss. Her future spouse was going to be greatly disappointed. "I only ask one thing..." And she knew he would oblige her because he wouldn't be seeing her again, "Pretend if you can, that you love me."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Though Axiar desired her, he understood now that she had never been through this experience before; and though he might not have been concerned about that, if she were someone else, she was Noxaura, and he had become quite infatuated with her in some short amount of time. Therefore, the rebel brought to a halt any thought of taking that Honour from her at a time and a place like this.

It also pained him to think that she, who had a family that was complete, was not cherished by that family. Though his father treated him somewhat distantly, at least he knew he was loved and praised by them; and though his mother was deceased, while she was alive, she relished every moment with him. He did not tell her those things now, but somehow, he felt more compelled then to simply be by her side, alone in her presence. Even if just for a little while. To show her that someone saw something in her worth cherishing.

A faint smile tweaked up at the corners of his lips as his body relaxed beside her, leaning up onto an elbow where he lay to face her. The other hand had since left its position upon her thigh, leaving it up to her to straighten her dress out again.

"Well... They do say that Love is about secrets and mystery. Maybe we should leave it that way."  Indicating again that he was not going to reveal any identifying information to her. "But even my father does not call me by my name." Maybe that was a sign -that he only mentioned one parent, not two. Now she could assume something else about him.

His free hand went back to touching her after that, but his fingertips only lightly stroked, lingering over the baby smooth skin of her shoulder and neck, then to trace a trail across her chest toward the other shoulder. He seemed rather intent doing that, as though it also brought some sense of relaxation to him.

"Anyway," He went on just briefly before there came another pause, "I won't pretend for you. And I won't take anything from you tonight. But in return, I will ask you to do something for me."

His golden eyes turned to meet her own, wondering if it was a promise she'd be willing to keep, "Save yourself for me. So that when next we meet, I can be the first to treasure you."

He wasn't insinuating that he felt nothing for her now, but he didn't want her to think like that if he was going to be taking her virginity. He didn't want her to think that her first time was with someone who didn't care for her. He might be mean sometimes, cruel when carrying out his duty, but he was still human, and she was still a Lady, whom he was finding a very soft spot for in his heart.

"For now, this will be enough." Just being there with her, like this. Though he still struggled to suppress previous desire for her, so it was not without difficulty that he parted with thoughts of love making for the time.  In the future though, Axiar fully intended on making her pay for keeping him waiting, if he was going to. Of course all payment would be taken in pleasure; he was a very passionate man, and he would be saving all of it for her.

His hand went back to tracing small circles on her chest and along her collar bone, then finding its way back to that shoulder nearest him.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

She didn’t expect his reaction, not that she ever did. He pulled away from her, but he was still touching her, still looking at her. Maybe he was concerned he was taking something from her that she wasn’t ready to lose. He could be right. Noxaura had not thought about the consequences. Although his hand had moved, she made no attempt to straighten her dress. She wasn’t uncomfortable as she was.

“Love?” She asked, a little suspicious then of his state of mind. “I heard it was based on trust and honesty…” Not that she possessed qualities that allowed for people to trust her and he knew where she stood on the honesty. “Admit it, you like being mysterious.” Which had absolutely nothing to do with love. She wanted to ask him what his mother called him but she made the assumption shortly after that he must no longer have a mother. Then they both had lost a parent which might explain some things about their behavior.

Noxaura didn’t say anything for a moment, thinking about what he was saying. It wasn’t taking if she was giving. Was it? “You won’t?” Why not? He could just say he liked her, it didn’t have to be love. Anything was better than nothing. She wondered what his state of mind must be. He didn’t seem the type to stop when he desired something. Should she be nervous that he wanted something else? Nox didn’t know what he might want, other than someone else perhaps. Now why would he? She thought indignantly.

Save herself? He did understand she was a hold girl and that she would have to marry and couldn’t put it off that much longer really. In the next couple of Turns she would be sold off to some holder or other. Was there a deeper meaning to all this? He just wanted her to save herself so that he could be her first. He would have that power over her life then.

“Will you be saving yourself for me?” She asked, quite seriously. If he was going to swear off women for her, then maybe she would be willing to take the chance. She wasn’t going to promise him anything unless she got something in return. He would see how that was perfectly like her. She wanted the upper hand. If she promised him that, he would have power over her, her life. Noxaura stared back at him, “I think you don’t like the idea that I could be with someone else…”

And she totally could be, if she so chose. Lucky for him she had yet to really meet anyone she felt strongly enough about to even tease, let alone kiss. It seemed to her of the two of them, he was the one with experience. This thought alone made her won0der just what kind of relationships he had with women.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Axiar didn't seem interested in replying to her words until she seemed puzzled as to why he wasn't going to pretend, or in the other case, just tell her he liked her. He hadn't figured she would still be willing to be that intimate if he didn't confess Love, after saying that. She had said he should pretend to 'love' her; and 'liking' was different.

"I won't. But if liking is enough, then I might admit to that."

“Will you be saving yourself for me?”...“I think you don’t like the idea that I could be with someone else…”

His wandering hand stopped in place, sitting up to lean over her again. He was unwilling to answer her next question direcly. "There is someone else you'd rather save yourself for, then?" He doubted there was, because she was here, with him. But if there was, he could certainly try to change her mind. If there was no one else, then he could go ahead and oblige her now, since she didn't seem all that worried about waiting all of a sudden. He just didn't want to seem too pushy before. And he'd just admitted to that he might actually like her.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am

Noxaura thought about his answer. He had some feeling in her direction then. Stronger feelings than that would probably have made her a little wary of him anyway. To hear him talk otherwise though it seemed to her that he fully expected his feelings to be stronger later. What if they weren’t? With his absence how did he think they would get any closer? It wasn’t as if he could write. And even if he could, she wasn’t that adept at reading.

“Liking is better than nothing.” She said, not sure if liking was really a strong enough emotion for her to settle for. After all, she was a passionate person and she deserved to have someone in her life who felt emotions just as strongly as she did. Even if that meant they may not get along well some of the time.

“No, not yet.” She said, hinting that there might be a day where someone else held her interest. Just because she wanted him now, didn’t mean she would feel the same when next she saw him. Whenever that would be. That was something worth mentioning to him as well. “I will have to marry you know…” While she did not add soon, she meant sooner than later. He might not have guessed her age but she was well within the age range to be married off.

She laid on her side in order to see him better, “If I am going to wait, then you are going to wait. I don’t care if you’ve had women before.” It might be harder for him because he had but that didn’t really concern her much. It was him wanting that power over her life that concerned her. “How long will you be gone?” If he had to wait for her in order to have her or any other woman than he would probably be more inclined to come back sooner.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Her reassurance that there was no other man in her life that she concerned herself with woudl have been enough to make him smile. Aixiar did hope to meet her again. Even if it did not mean a romp in the sack. Oddly, the more time he was in her company, the more he was enjoying it.

Thinking about what she'd said, he wondered if Nox was the kind of person he'd wait for if she would wait for him. He did like the excitement she'd brought to his time here in Telgar River Hold, and he did find her very interesting. She didn't have the same reservations about him that most girls would at that point. Axiar wanted to understand why, but perhaps her actions were explanation enough; or perhaps there was no need to understand. Instead, he should just appreciate that fact and grab hold and run with it.

It did cross his mind however, that she might be some informant for the Hold Guard. Noxaura's family might be involved with them; it would get her some good measure of attention to turn in a traitor like him. Then again, thinking back on their time together thus far, distrust of her in that way never seemed to stick. Axiar would just have to go with his gut feeling on it.

Laying back then, onto his back with fingers interlocked behind his head, the rebel considered the rest of what she'd said. Figuring that if he were asking her to wait he wouldn't be able to keep her waiting for too long, granted that either of their situations might change somehow unexpectedly. If that happened, there was no telling when they would see one another again.

Pondering over the possibilities of what futures might await them, Axiar thought that even if she became engaged or married in the mean time, he would still find a way to see her and be with her. And in fact, that thought excited him. Any concern they might have for oneanother should already be forbidden, given his affiliation. But... he'd hinted at that before, and though she knew he'd killed men before, she still was here with him now.

Though Axiar let a long silence pass between them before there came any response. While he stared up at the ceiling, his expression lacked any sign of what he might be thinking. "It could be months. I really don't know." And there wasn't really any telling, seeing as he could be sent on any number of missions before he had the chance to head back north, in this direction.

"I live south of here." That wasn't saying much. "It will be winter soon, and all of the roads will become impassable. Even in the summer, there aren't any well maintained roads between here and there, so its hard to say. It may depend on when the first caravans head back this way in the coming spring."

That was the best answer he had to give.

Axiar fell silent again, still looking up to the ceiling. He was contemplating something else now; comtemplating how fair it was to have her anticipating his return without knowing who she was waiting for.

Maybe after that, he seemed a little in a daze, because he didn't say anything else, and his mind seemed to be distant.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 pm

There was a lot of quiet thought on his end, from what she could tell. He wasn’t particularly inclined to answer her previous questions. Although somehow he expected her to be forthcoming. Noxaura remained on her side, thinking to herself. Why should she wait while he was free to be with whomever he wanted? It was completely unfair, not that she expected life to be fair. She did however expect something in return for what she was giving. If he couldn’t offer her the same in kind or better, then she saw nothing in it for her.

After he mentioned how long he might be gone, she moved closer, then drew herself up, extending her hand and placing it next to his head, and using it to hold her over him. “You might never come back…” She said, acknowledging that he would only come through here if he had a mission or some other reason to do so.

She leaned closer giving him a taste of his own teasing, her mouth about an inch from his. Unlike him, Noxaura had less to concern herself with. If he liked her, he would wait for her too. If not then he would never come here again and wouldn’t bother trying to find her. Even if she were long gone by the time he made his way back here, she had to think that if he really had feelings of any kind for her, he would find her.

Her hair fell over her shoulder then as she shifted her weight. “It’s alright, I might not be here in the spring either.” She smiled wickedly, “So I guess you’ll have to find me if you want me.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 am

Though he didn't make any reply to her accusation that he might not come back in the Spring, or ever for that matter, his eyebrows did raise at the hint that she also might not be here come spring. What, did she have some plans for her future she hadn't let on about yet?

Amber orbs looking into her own then. It was completely unexpected to him for some reason, that she would lean over to kiss him; he could feel the temperature of his body rising as she did so, though he made no move to kiss her lips when she stopped short of meeting his.

After that however, his hands came from behind his head to reach around her and pull her into him. There, he whispered, "At first you refuse to leave me alone, and now you want to play hard to get?" Referring to her mention of her not being here, either, come Spring. "I'd say that's a little unfair, but coming from you, I suppose I should expect it."

With a bemused chuckle under his breath that was supressed partially behind the faint smirk also elicited, he let his breath be felt upon her ear and neck. Pausing shortly before he let his breath out in a silent sigh, Axiar thought aloud to her, "I should get you some new laces before it's too late." Though it totally crossed his mind to hold her hostage here until the next day.. or perhaps hold the new lacings hostage just to tease her with. He might still do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)   Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Familiar faces (Tags: Axiar)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next