... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

~_~_BFF_~_~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

PostSubject: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 pm

S'jiro had found himself in a predicament of being rather lonesome without Sh'nar around over the last few days. Because of how post-flight turned out, the two of them hadn't spoken for quite a while -which was unusual- and S'jiro had been avoiding the places he knew Sh'nar could typically be found. He hadn't gone to their secluded table for meals, had gone out of his way to avoid paths that would take him anywhere near Sh'nar's own weyr, and even avoided the private spots he himself would usually go to to read. All truth be told, S'jiro had been most of his time outside of Wing practices by himself in his weyr, scratching his head over his feelings about the whole matter.

In a way, Sh'nar had betrayed him, and that still made the Bronzerider mad. Somehow though, S'jiro was having trouble holding onto that anger. He wanted to forget about it and pretend like none of it had happened. Of course that couldn't happen; S'jiro couldn't forget...

But that didn't mean that he had to hate his best friend forever. Sh'nar was still his best friend -one of his only true, close friends- so, for now, he could at least go to see him. Maybe things could work themselves out. Maybe just being in eachother's company they could find forgiveness, even without words.

With hands dug into his pockets, S'jiro took his time making his way to Sh'nar's personal weyr, his mouth working in a way that shown his frustration. With a heavy exhale, the Bronzerider came to Sh'nar's veritable front door, waiting for his friend to acknowledge him before entering.

"Sh'nar!" It wasn't an angry voice, but he raised it to make certain his fellow Bronzer could hear him. "Yo! Sh'nar. I'm coming in."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainoffire.forumotion.com
Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Tue May 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Life could be lonely without ones friends. Sh'nar was coming to realize this in the absence of the one person whom he had come to call his closest friend. It was not the same as being someone's lover. So while Belisse took some of the sting out of his new lonesome existence she was not a replacement. No woman would be a replacement for a best friend. He needed someone around whom he could complain to and have them understand exactly what he was thinking and feeling. Sh'nar did not like to admit to such feelings, even to himself. He had trouble loving people in any meaning of the word.

He didn't like that people might see the use of such a word for a good friend as being homosexual. He might love his friend for being his friend but he certainly was not in love with him which was a completely different thing altogether. He would never feel that way about a man, no matter how good a friend they were.

While Cymrioth had become less pouty the last couple days, Sh'nar seemed to have become more so. How long was S'jiro going to avoid him? How long would they have to wait to be friends again? He wished he hadn't done anything to Tsuki and had apologized to the poor girl more than once but now he wouldn't even be permitted near her. Sh'nar really hoped she wasn't as upset as she seemed when she left his weyr with her brother.

He was laying on his bed, sighing dejectedly. There was nothing fun to do. None of the mischief he normally got into held any appeal at the moment. The few times Cymrioth tried to pique his interest he got barely a mental whisper. Like it was too much effort to worry about it.

When S'jiro did show up, Sh'nar was in a bit of a hazy, day dream kind of state. He had thought of some lyrics for a song but he couldn't work out the sound he wanted to go with them. He was distracting himself while not moving from his position on the bed. "Oh. well then come in." He said, as S'jiro made it clear he would be coming in. He sat up but he used his headboard like it was the back of a chair.

"Say what you need to say." Sh'nar said thinking that it would probably be the worst. Who knew with S'jiro? He was almost as moody as a greenrider.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Entering into Sh'nar's weyr, S'jiro's eyes hardly met the man, scanning everywhere else in the room but where Sh'nar sat up in bed. Obviously, he was still being somewhat avoidant, but still, but he'd made an effort to come there, so for now, that would have to be enough.

S'jiro meandered into the weyr, taking a seat in the first chair he came to. As he seated himself, hands came to his lap, seeming resigned to his being there, and he didn't take long to answer Sh'nar, "Heh. It really pisses me off that I should still be really angry about everything, but I'm not. Don't think you're off the hook though; for Tsuki's sake, I haven't forgiven you yet."

Falling silent for another breath or two, S'jiro's eyes gradually traced a path in the direction of the other Bronzerider, finally coming to meet those of his friend. "Anyway, I'm here. For what it's worth, I came to hang out for a while." That should be enough.. his coming here to be in Sh'nar's presence again meant forgiveness was in the works, even without having words for it.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Wed May 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Sh'nar did not change is attitude because of what his friend was saying. He was as indolent as a lion, making no move to get up and greet his friend like he cared. The opposite he pretended it was no big deal for S'jiro to be there. If anyone would understand his attitude it would be the other man. Sh'nar was not going to get emotional or act like a girl about all of this. He simply did not think he should be entirely to blame for the situation with Tsuki. She lived at the Weyr and it was bound to happen eventually. Why not be happy it was someone she cared about a little and not just some random rider forcing himself on her. Besides it wasn't as if she was going to be ruined because of it. They were at the Weyr. No one here cared whether she was pure or not. In fact most men probably thought it would be easier without that added extra pressure of taking a virgin.

Simply speaking, Sh'nar was not a ladies man in the usual sense of the word. He rarely permitted himself these sorts of entanglements, for precisely this reason. He didn't want to get caught up in any emotional baggage. What he was doing with Belisse was for the future. His, Cymrioth's and his friends. S'jiro would see that too. Nodding in answer to his admission that Sh'nar was not forgiven, the blonde said nothing for a few moments. He was watching the expression on his friend's face. There didn't seem to be any reason why they shouldn't talk about things they would normally speak of.

"So what are we doing to make those greenrider's lives miserable?" He hadn't forgotten the insult and now that Belisse was practically begging him to forgive her for what happeend at the Flight, he knew he could do no wrong in her eyes. That meant any accusations the greenrider's laid upon him would be dismissed. The situation was amusing. And it wasn't that he didn't enjoy his liaison with Belisse, because he was enjoying it, but he also enjoyed getting what he wanted. Whatever it was that suited him. Having the Goldrider in the palm of his hand while tormenting her friends was too much fun to pass up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Wed May 29, 2013 7:52 pm

For S'jiro, his issue with the matter was simply that it was strange thinking that his best friend had slept with his sister. S'jiro was probably over-protective of the girl because of events in the past; he wanted to be able to protect her from anything, and a Flight was something he'd hoped to be able to keep her from having to experience. Maybe his hopes of keeping her uninvolved in such things was foolish considering their Weyr whereabouts, but.. still.. that was just him being an older brother.

Sighing out loud, the Bronzerider smirked a little lopsidedly, trying to ease the mood a bit as he responded, thinking about greenriders. Yah, it had been a little while since they'd had the opportunity to cause some mischief in reminding them just how lowly they were in the hierarchy of dragon kind. "I did confess my love to one after Belisse's Flight. I think she took me too seriously."

As S'jiro started fidgeting in his lap with the hem of his shirt, he had looked down to his hands there, adopting an amused grin.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm

“Wow, where did you find her? I didn’t think there were any more of them that would believe that load of crap…. Now that you have made yourself a reputation that is.” Sh’nar was honestly shocked some of the greenriders still fell for it. Although it stood to reason they were not the most intelligent of dragonriders and certainly continued to prove it. The Bronzerider mused on this topic for a moment before he said anything else.

Sh’nar had the worse reputation for some reason and yet in comparison, he felt he didn’t do things to the degree that S’jiro did. For one thing he didn’t throw the word love around like it held no meaning for him. Perhaps it had no meaning for S’jiro or perhaps he just liked to use it to manipulate some greenriders. Sh’nar was done wasting his time with greenriders, he had a goal and it involved keeping Belisse tightly wound around his little finger.

S’jiro was his friend, one of his only friends and he couldn’t say what he wanted to say out loud to him because ti would come across in a negative way. Most people would think he was well wishing them but to S’jiro’s ears what he was thinking would seem rude. His thought was that he hoped one day S’jiro knew how it felt to feel something for someone and realize it was impossible and the lady unable to reciprocate his feelings. Then maybe he would understand that playing around with the word love created a mix of emotions that he would rather not have in or around his Wing during practice.

“Should we try to pull something off at the Graduation? Keeping Belisse out of it as much as possible because we will need her influence at Igen to guarantee us positions.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 am

Sh'nar's surprise had S'jiro snickering to himself. His friend was right though, where had he happened to find a green so unaware of his distaste for them? But that was all beside the point.

Though Sh'nar might come across as a pompous jerk to much of the Weyr, the Bronzerider was probably right in that S'jiro was going to have to mature emotionally before too long, and start being more considerate of other people's feelings. S'jiro hardly thought about love though, and for whatever reason, never really expected it to happen to him, but as far as a Wing was concerned, Sh'nar was correct.

The Bronzerider couldn't help but grin at Sh'nar's mention of the upcoming graduation. They'd gotten back at Lance pretty well for her indignance and S'jiro didn't consider anyone else at the moment to be on their little black list. "Who did you have in mind?" Meaning, as for their target.

"Or were you just wanting to give them all something to remember graduation by?" Either way it might be fun; then again, without a target, it seemed like a lot of trouble to put themselves through, though they were typically able to get some of the younger riders and weyrlings to assist in their plans. Hey, boys will be boys, and boys were always on the lookout for a little trouble.

Almost as an afterthought, S'jiro remembered what he hadn't remembered to speak to Sh'nar earlier. "I don't think I told you...I'm getting a promotion. Weyrwoman Karene asked that when all of the transfers to Igen happen, I take on position as Wing Second in one of the new wings." Wondering aloud then, he inquired, "Have you met with the Weyrwoman yet, about transferring? At some point we're supposed to be able to meet with other riders from Telgar Weyr, before the transfer actually happens."

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:45 pm

"Perhaps it would seem less suspicious if we targeted the whole class." The class wasn't that big, three greens, one blue, one brown and one Gold. Obviously he wouldn't be involved in anything that would harm Belisse or embarrass her at Graduation. Later he would sing a song for her and her evening would be made a million times better by him therein keeping her completely besotted with him.

"Perfect, I'll be a Wingsecond as well. We'll likely be in separate wings but it will put us in the perfect positions to be Wingleaders sooner than later. When that happens we will have a good deal of control over Igen Weyr and hopefully its Queenriders. I met with Karene but I didn't need to. Apparently Belisse had already insisted on my being a transfer..." It would be perfect. If he had Belisse and S'jiro had Ambrielle then they would truly have control over Igen Weyr.

Thinking and speaking of the Goldrider from Telgar he tried to remember if he had in fact been introduced to her before. He was sure they had met at some point or other but he could not for the life of him recall the details. Honestly he hoped she wasn't much like Karene and more like Belisse.

"Have you ever met Ambrielle?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Even under mild observation, S'jiro had his own assumptions as to Karene's uses for Belisse in Igen; he suspected that the ambitious woman would be using Belisse to control the Bronzes as quickly as Sh'nar believed he was going to use Belisse to control Igen. That was going to be an uphill battle. Anyway, he didn't care about all of that to the extent that Sh'nar did. Admittedly it did surprise him how deeply Sh'nar had been considering it all.

In any case, the reply on their own party planning came probably just as expected -with a quiet sigh, "That's going to be a lot of work." Meaning work he wasn't willing to involve himself in unnecessarily. "We'll elicit aid from the usual riders."

At the mention of Ambrielle, S'jiro's eyes rose to meet Sh'nar's, head canted with obvious curiosity. Just where did Sh'nar think he was going with that kind of question?

"No. I can't say I have." He thought he'd heard of her at least. Wasn't Ambrielle the Goldrider from Telgar who was supposed to be transferring to the restored Igen Weyr with them? The name was only very vaguely familiar after hearing it tossed around amoungst the crowd who'd be transferring there. But she was from Telgar. How was he supposed to have met her yet? They hadn't had their Telgar-Igen-Weyr meeting.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:31 pm

"We don't want our hands in it at all. We're going to need the usual help to do everything except plan, which I think we can do fairly easily with very little work on our parts." Sh'nar generally left dealing with their lesser friends to S'jiro in order to have no part in it at all. Besides none of them would cross S'jiro but they might cross Sh'nar.

Sh'nar didn't know if S'jiro had thought ahead at all beyond getting his new rank at Igen. "I was just hoping she wasn't like Karene." The last thing they needed was two Weyrs with Weyrwoman who thought of Bronzeriders as being the lowest of the low and considered herself to be above reproach. He hated Karene almost as much as she probably hated him. Mostly he disliked her for making Fort into a Weyr where being a Bronzerider meant less than it should. Cymrioth deserved more respect than any blue or green dragon on Pern.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:15 pm

S'jiro averted his gaze, idly fidling while he considered what they might plan for the graduation party, his mouth working into a variation of curious faces the whole while.
For the moment, he felt like he was out of ideas, but they had a little while yet to decide what kind of fun they wanted to have.

Well, Sh'nar's line of thinking was probably correct; it would be better for them to make Igen into a place more welcoming of a Gold's male counterparts. Their role was just as necessary in the Weyr, no matter how one looked at it. In his own mind, it wasn't a matter of a Bronzes usefulness or purpose, at Fort, it had become a matter of Karene's own ego and Holder-bred ambition. But, that wasn't a terrible things in S'jiro's mind; Karene simply liked to push the limits of her social standing. She wanted what she wanted, and took what she wanted instead of taking the time to ask. Anyway, that's how he saw it.

In a way, he admired her drive and her way of taking charge; if she'd been born a man, it would have been even better. Regardless, he thought her way befitting of one born to her station and had no real qualms wtih her method. S'jiro didn't like the idea of his Bronze status being voided, though. Bronzes had their proper place in the Weyr for good reason and it would continue to benefit the Weyr to maintain the respectable status of the position of Weyrleadership. Of course, it didn't help their cause that recetly in Fort, there's been no Bronze with balls enough to even stand as Karene's equal. S'jiro laughed at that privately, finding it to his amusement. They needed a good highborn Bronzerider to fly Galadrieth for that to happen. Or even a stout enough Weyrbred.. Somone with the upbringing to suit the mindset to take her on.

For a moment, S'jiro took the time to muse over who of the riders he knew, if any, fit such a description -those who might be willing.

S'jiro probably thought about the future more than he let on, but it was still more ambition than he truly had the desire for, to consider ever being Weyrleader -possibly even Wingleader. That future still seemed very distant indeed. If he'd wanted to take some exhalted position, he could have simply stayed at the Hold and chosen never to go to the Weyr -but at least here, he didn't have to daily battle with the expectations of his family. For now, he was happy letting life mosey along, doing as he pleased.

Hopefully Sh'nar's hopes about the likeness of Ambriel would be true to her nature, and she would bring a better balance to things. And Maybe , as he felt Sh'nar was implicating, he should begin to consider possibly flying the Queen with the intention of holding a more desireable position.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~_~_BFF_~_~   

Back to top Go down

~_~_BFF_~_~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Personal Weyrs-
Jump to: