Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Always the Worst

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trouble

Trouble

Always the Worst Empty
PostSubject: Always the Worst   Always the Worst I_icon32Wed May 15, 2013 12:52 pm

It had been months since she'd first arrived at the Hold. Months and months of chores, nasty looks, suspicion... but seeing Tashin enjoying the life of being in a Hold made it worth it. Even when she was dragging a ladder across the main hall to clean the wall hangings.

Sometimes, at night when she was in her bed, she wondered if she had made the wrong decision. She was more miserable than she had been in the camp. There she had at least had freedom. Now, every day was an endless battle of chores and dealing with the hatred of the Hold born.

But Tashin was happy and safe, she thought fiercely. She'd put up with any amount of dirty jobs and looks to see him smile. A huge cloud of dust came from the hanging then, showering down on both her and anyone unfortunate enough to be walking by.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Always the Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Always the Worst   Always the Worst I_icon32Wed May 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Coming from the Easternmost wing on the lower level, designated for Guard activities, Captain Toshiro was making his way to the Main Hall to pay the Heir Apparent a visit. Fortunately for him, he was in no real hurry, so when a cloud of dust fell over him as he passed by the working drudges, the Captain took time to stop upon his displeasure. Halting dead in his tracks at the foot of the ladder, the man's eyes narrowed slighty, brushing fingers back through his hair and over either shoulder to remove dirt that could be seen. Mildly offended, the expression he turned up at Flynn then could only be classified as perfectly perturbed. And of course when those eyes discovered Flynn at the top of the ladder, he stood back a step resting his left arm over the weapons at his hip, the moderately cross mood apparent on his features.

Speaking up to grab her attention, Toshiro had averted his gaze from her out of derision, "Since this hold doesn't belong to you, maybe you should be more considerate of others using the same space."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Trouble

Trouble

Always the Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Always the Worst   Always the Worst I_icon32Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Flynn was coughing the dust out of her lungs and trying to apologize at the same time, until she realized who she had unintentionally covered in dust. That was until she saw it was Toshiro.

A constant pain in her ass is what he was, she thought, barely catching herself from scowling. He'd have her thrown out for attempted assault or some other nonsense. "I didn't see you there, Captain Toshiro," she said with saccharine sweetness. "I do apologize." She managed to shake more dust from the hanging, much to her delight. "Whoops! I did it again! I am so, SO sorry Captain Toshiro!"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Always the Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Always the Worst   Always the Worst I_icon32Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 am

Coughing, waving a hand to clear the second cloud of dust, Shiro stepped back from the ladder, glaring back at Flynn in all her angelic sweetness. Left hand falling to his sword, the Captain was tempted to settle things in his own way. The man grumbled, maybe just loud enough for her to overhear, "Do you want to die?"

Of course the next plan of action might be to simply topple the wooden ladder she was standing on, but Toshiro wasn't that mean. Okay, maybe he was, but ladder-falling injuries were something he had no control over, whereas injury caused by a blade? He could control that, and it would be much more satisfying in his mind. Although, Flynn had no real blade to speak of to fight back so there was no sense in a duel now; that would have to wait.

So, Toshiro turned away from her and began to walk back in the direction he'd initially been headed. "Perhaps later today we can settle this the right way -and not inside the Hold. Right now, I have somewhere to be."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Always the Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Always the Worst   Always the Worst I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Always the Worst
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Telgar Hold :: Main Hall-
Jump to: