Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

If Tomorrow Never Comes Empty
PostSubject: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 am

Two days had passed since the flight and although he had wanted to speak with Belisse before now, it had never been the right time. Sh'nar felt a little guilty for not preparing them both for what might happen. He had only seen one outcome and it had cost him. How much he had yet to find out. His concern was she would assume that because another man slept with her that she should belong with that other man. Sh'nar was not of that opinion himself. He thought Flights were Flights and did not count as stepping out on another person in a monogamous relationship.

After all, he had ended up with another young woman because of the Flight too. If they could agree on how during Flights what happened didn't matter, then they might still be in a relationship. He was not feeling as confident as he usually was though, walking down the long corridor to her weyr. They would have to work out all the emotions any way, since he would be going to Igen Weyr where she could potentially become Senior.

When he reached Belisse's door, he was almost apprehensive about knocking. When his knuckles hit the door in his familiar strong and firm knock. Sh'nar was not sure ow to start the conversation, but he did know she would want to talk to him about te Flight and the sooner they did the better for everyone involved. "Belisse? May come in?" He asked, wondering for the first time since the beginning of their relationship if she would want him to come in. Maybe K'thane had succeeded to win her for more than just the Flight? Grimacing at the thought he realized he was a little more jealous of the other man than he originally thought. During Flight was one thing and directly after losing but now he had time to cool off, collect himself he should be concerned about what K'thane and Belisse did now.

Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 am

Two long, long days and not a word from Sh'nar. True, she had been quite busy, dealing with the aftermath of Jeneveth's flight. The young gold had already become incredibly prissy, demanding as much attention as her rider could provide. She hadn't even had time to speak to Lance and apologize.... Belisse let out a long sigh, missing Joi all over again.

When she heard Sh'nar's voice at her door she jumped up from Jeneveth's ledge, where the gold was drowsing. Instead of answering him she yanked the door open and threw her arms around his neck. "I've missed you!" she exclaimed, planting a huge kiss on his lips. "Jeneveth has been a little... needier than normal," she continued, leaning back a little and blushing now. She knew what had happened after the Flight, for both of them, and though she had been assured that those things didn't matter in the Weyr there was still a hint of nervousness in her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

When the door swung open he didn't know what to expect. Sh'nar was surprised to say the least at the young woman's reaction as she put her arms around his neck and kissed him. Well that was unexpected, he thought as a smile came to his lips. He allowed her time to explain Jeneveth's neediness and then put his arms around her slender waist.

"She will be demanding for a few months. It is to be expected. I hope Remegath is lavishing attention on her as she deserves." If he wasn't Cymrioth would be more than happy to look after the Queen's needs. "I hope you know I wish the best for her and her clutch. It is her first and yours I want it all to go perfectly. Having a good clutch will go a long way when we transfer to Igen. We can't have the Telgar Gold thinking because she is more mature, she is more worthy than Jeneveth." To some people that might sound a bit calculating but Sh'nar really was looking out for her best interests.

Kissing the top of her head, where her hair smelled like it was freshly washed, he breathed in then spoke more softly, "I did want to talk to you about... the flight and what happened afterwards. I feel like I never prepared you for what would happen if Cymrioth didn't win." He sighed, and hugged her to him. It was relief enough to him that right now she didn't hate him. She might later on, once he told her what had happened.

Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 am

"He's out fetching her fresh fish right now, actually," Belisse said with a soft chuckle, ducking her head and tucking herself neatly against Sh'nar. "How is Cymrioth?" She had honestly worried about the bronze since the flight... Jeneveth had fawned over him for months, and the loss must have been difficult.

The mention of Igen made her smile broadly. That was something that was rarely spoken of. And things there would be different. She would be in a position to make sure that Sh'nar was properly rewarded for his achievements.

A sigh escaped her, and then a nervous chuckle. "I did kind of jump along," she admitted, a blush rising to her cheeks. She remembered clawing at him like an animal in front of the entire bronzerider compliment of the Weyr, and it was still a bit embarrassing. She wasn't sure how she'd look some of them in the eye without turning the color of a redfruit. "Yes, we should have prepared more for that eventuality," she agreed, giving another little sigh. She'd just been so positive that Cymrioth would win Jeneveth's maiden flight. "But K'thane is a kind man," she continued, "and he reminded me that the dragons choose." She squeezed his hand lightly. "And I don't care what happened after the Flight... all I care is that you're here... ?" The sentence ended with an upwards inflection. He had embraced her after all, but it may have been a goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32Sat May 18, 2013 4:24 pm

“I would be lying if I said he was taking things well. He is always like this when he loses a Flight. Give him another sevenday and he’ll be back to being himself. I’m sure he will call on Jeneveth when he is himself again, even if she is being taken care of so well by Remegath. Can’t keep Cymrioth from flirting with the female dragons of the Weyr even when I try.” He chuckled a little. His dragon would move on with time, just like anyone would. He wasn’t that obsessed with the Gold that he would be crushed forever that Remegath got lucky with that thermal. Next time, when the Flight would matter more, Cymrioth would be better prepred.

Sh’nar didn’t much care for the mention of K’thane, no matter how kind the other man had been. Thinking of the two of them together still made Sh’nar feel a sting of jealousy. He didn’t really understand the feeling himself as he had never before felt jealous after a flight was over. Cymrioth so rarely lost greenflights although he seemed to so far always lose Goldflights. The perks of not being a huge Bronze, he supposed.

“You had me jumping along with you. At least it didn’t come to blows when K’thane won. I was surprised at my own self control at that point.” His voice was teasing as his strong arms moved to scoop her up so he could hold her and carry her all the way into her weyr. “I’m here.” He said, bending his head down to kiss her lips. “Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?” Sh’nar didn’t want to leave her with questions for later. If he could ease any and all of her concerns in this one conversation then he would. He continued to carry her, heading towards her bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes   If Tomorrow Never Comes I_icon32

Back to top Go down

If Tomorrow Never Comes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Personal Weyrs-
Jump to: