Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clutch Theme Ideas!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Clutch Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 pm

If you have clutch theme ideas you want to add feel free. This is for all members. If you post an idea here it is free to be used by the other members of the board for their Queens. If you want to elaborate thats fine too. This is here just for the fun of it!

Here are some Clutch themes that I've thought of:

• Happily Ever After (Grimm Tales)
  • Heavenly Virtues/Deadly Sins
  • Shakespeare (Characters/Plays/Sonnets)
  • Classic Movie Actors/Actresses (Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant etc)
  • Famous Character (such as Sherlock Holmes, Huckleberry Finn, Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, Indiana Jones...)
  • Poem - one poem per dragon
  • Theme Song- One song per dragon
  • Famous Artist (Monet, Picasso, Michelangelo, DaVinci, Rembrandt, etc...)
  • Super-hero
  • X-men
  • Star Trek
  • Musicals
  • Wild Animal
  • Flower/plant
  • Elements
  • Mythical Creature

Clutch Themes I've done/admined before:

• God/Goddess
  • Zodiac
  • Wild Feline (snow leopard, lion...)

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 am

I have read all the Song of Ice and Fire books (A Games of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance of Dragons) and I would love to see a clutch based on the characters of those books. I would LOVE to help write said clutch, being intimately familiar with the series. There are also so many characters that you could split it into two clutches if you want. If you were going to do a big clutch, it is optimal.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Awesome Idea! I know Mel and I have both read those books Smile Honestly I should really read them again.

Heheh I have to show this meme now (Spoiler for people who haven't read the books):

http://global3.memecdn.com/main-character-of-game-of-thrones_o_1288223.jpg

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Awesome Idea! I know Mel and I have both read those books Smile Honestly I should really read them again.

Heheh I have to show this meme now (Spoiler for people who haven't read the books):

http://global3.memecdn.com/main-character-of-game-of-thrones_o_1288223.jpg

OMG, you should have seen my face when I read the first book, which was a year or two before the show came out.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:11 pm

You know I had an idea of naming a book after a character who would die in the first few chapters just to throw people completely off. (That was before I read this series. )

I sadly have not seen the show. I want to though.
Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:17 am

Caoimhe wrote:
You know I had an idea of naming a book after a character who would die in the first few chapters just to throw people completely off. (That was before I read this series. )

I sadly have not seen the show. I want to though.

Torrent baby Very Happy

Jess and I did an amazing clutch at HR that was Harper themed. Both riders involved were musically inclined (one a harper, the other a singer) and all the eggs were blue, the dragons named with Pernized musical terms, and their personalities matched the term. I think it was a pretty amazing hatching. ;D
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am

It was an awesome hatching, Mel! Smile And it would be fun to do something similar here-- and there's so much that could be expanded on, like artists of the 90's or 80's, etc? hahaha. Or genres, or... all sorts of things! Smile

And Game of Thrones would be awesome! Other shows/ etc. would work well, too, I bet.
Back to top Go down
Trouble

Trouble

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

SCRUBS THEME!

Dibs on Dorianth!
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Trouble wrote:
SCRUBS THEME!

Dibs on Dorianth!

If you get Dorianth, I must have Percoth.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm

lol you guys are funny >D
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 am

I have in the past seen a very well done Harry Potter clutch and considering we have a gold named Galadrieth here, I think a Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings clutch would be very fitting.

I along with A Song of Ice and Fire, I always wanted to write a clutch based on Mercedes Lackey Heralds of Valdemar. I've read all her books, so this is a clutch I would really enjoying helping to write.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 am

heheh yes, she is indeed named for the character. I've always loved Tolkien names, esp for the elves.

(and if you do a scrubs theme I get the ditsy green based on Elliot...)

Annnnd if we're doing book themes... I think Harry Potter and Tolkein themes would be AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Theme Ideas!   Clutch Theme Ideas! I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Clutch Theme Ideas!
Page 1 of 1