Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Fishy Situation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivid

Vivid

A Fishy Situation  Empty
PostSubject: A Fishy Situation    A Fishy Situation  I_icon32Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 am

A Fishy Situation  91bff515-708e-4db9-a9e9-d529efe13aa9

'Sharding cooks and their damn addiction to Telgar fare. Enough to kill any decent sort of man.' I'ver growled to himself as he entered the Infirmary. His skin was red and itchy from collar bone to the top of his head. Why the cooks of Fort saw fit to put crab rolls on the same plate as meat rolls, he didn't know. There mere proximity of contact had been enough to trigger his allergy and now he was in a state of itching misery.

"Hello?" he called, resisting the urge to tear at his nice skin with his finger nails. This was not the way he wanted to start of his morning.

"I'ver again. My allergy is once again trying to kill me. A little help would be much appreciated." I'ver said.

Oh rider, I am so sorry. Kiloreth said, his voice almost a wail and I'ver winced. The blue could be so dramatic at times and they had been together for twenty turns now.

"Anything that can stop the swelling would be nice." he said.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

A Fishy Situation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fishy Situation    A Fishy Situation  I_icon32Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

A Fishy Situation  Jahngbin2

The medical office itself was quiet -outside of the rider hollering for help- with no other patients currently needing to bed there for the night. So it was then, that most of the Senior Journeyman's assistants and Juniors had been sent into the garden to care for plants and to continue healing research. For that same purpose, there was one far side of the room which had been set aside for tables that were organized with a variety of glass phials, jars and pots, heating elements and other tools, that had all been put to use in testing various combinations of medicinal ingredients for a variety of results.

On another side of the room were patient beds lined in fresh linen sheets and a couple of medicine cabinets and a single large desk. The beds were arranged with a relatively comfortable spacing, having artistically finished folding partitions that stood toward the head of each so that they could be put to use if a little privacy was needed.
The pale orange glow of the sun's rays late in the day filtering through the open garden door, was caught up in curls of steam that came rising up from a number of oil and steam infusers that had been set about the room on bedside tables and desks to offer a measure of humidity, and the aroma-therapeutic effect of Camphor to patients coming in, which also keept the air clean of air-borne illnesses.

The blue-robed figure of was silent as he came, eyes intent on his patient, beginning visual diagnosis. Of course, being familiar with I'ver's allergy, he could make the obvious assumptions, but he didn't like relying solely on medical history to sort things out. Moving across the room to where I'ver stood waiting, Jang offered a warm smile and motioned for the Bluerider to take a seat on one of the patient beds. "Please. Have a seat. Does it feel like your normal allergic reaction symptoms today? or do you feel anything different?"

Stepping to the large medicine cabinet that housed a seeming innumerable collection of little labeled drawers, Jang went about mixing a few powdered ingredients there into a small bowl.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net

A Fishy Situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Weyr Infirmary-
Jump to: