Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Until evening.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Until evening. Junmatsumoto3

With their ship at harbour and their work at an end for now, Kyo was one of many sailors who would be making their visit to the local pubs and taverns located in Fort Sea Hold. Kyo would be waiting until evening for a chance to be in touch with a few contacts per his Captain's orders, so for now, he figured there would be no better time to give his regards the owner of the Wild Green -the man who'd taken him in and cared for him briefly as a youngster.

Kyo had entered the establishment quietly, closing the door solidly behind him against the wind that blew rain through. Making his way in to the bar, his boots sounded off the hollow wood flooring at an easy pace, while his long coat dripped rain after him. Unbuttoning his coat, it was removed and draped over the first chair he came to. Since he hadn't had on any hat or hood, his hair was just about to be completely drenched, so he ran a hand back through it and tried to wipe his face dry as best he could without any other real means of doing so.

It must have been too early in the day to be expecting customers because he didn't catch sight of anyone right away. Staff could all be in the kitchen preparing food for orders later in the day. That would make sense anyway. Mmm. Speaking of which, he'd be grateful to have something nice and hot to eat given the nasty state of the weather.

With water still dripping down his face, he hopped over the bar and grabbed a servers' hand towel, which he immediately dried his face with and then took to his hair. Heading back to the kitchen area, he shouted, "Hey, Pops! I'm back!" It had been several months since he'd been back to this place.

When it was still quiet, he wondered if anyone was here, or if the owner had gone out on some quick business?

Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
sylverangel

sylverangel

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

"Well, look what the wherries dragged in. Or was it the shipfish this time?" Emberlynn grinned from the doorway leading to the kitchen. One hand was fisted against her hip, a towel clutched in her fingers, the other still held on to one of the hinged panels that served as doors to block the way for those who didn't work at the Wild Green. "Maybe you brought one in with you?" she continued to tease, craning her neck and glancing around the tavern.

Clearly not finding anything unusual, she shook her head with a chuckle and moved away from the doorway, brushing her brown hair away from her face. "Given how the rain's coming down out there, I'm surprised we aren't overrun by stray sea creatures that rode in with the tide. Or should we expect to be so by nightfall?"

She was referring, of course, to Kyo's shipmates, who tended to visit whenever they were in port, taking advantage of the young man's relationship with the proprietor of the establishment. Not that the man minded the increase in business in the least. Nor did the serving girls.

Emberlynn, herself, didn't mind the extra tips at all, though she didn't choose to take advantage of the strong young men looking for a pleasurable night like most of the others. She had more concerning things to think about, like her siblings, and how the extra money would provide for herself and them-- or it would, once she found them.

It was difficult to restrain herself from immediately asking Kyo if he'd heard anything of their whereabouts. It would be rude of her to at least not ask after his health first, when he hadn't been back to the tavern in months.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Until evening. Junmatsumoto7edit

"Tide is high -it was the shipfish this time. We really did have some follow us into the harbour."

He was following her away from the door so that he could sit nearby, at the bar as she went on with her next set of comments. "By nightfall I'll be gone from here and you can enjoy the company of as many drunken sea monsters as you like."

Grinning impishly, Kyo raised a single brow at her, still idly blotting his hair dry with the bar towel. "Say, is there anything to eat? I'm famished." Indeed it might have seemed as though he had turned into skin and bone if anyone went to poking at his ribs -he was naturally probably a bit too skinny anyway. The impish grin perpetuated that adorable expression, seeming rather hopeful about that meal as he met her eyes.

After a moment he called to her, "How have you been anyway?"
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Ember chuckled at his first response, then pouted at his second. "You're leaving so soon? You know none of the drunken sea monsters can compare to you." She leveled the effect on him for a moment before giving up with a wink and a grin and turning away to grab a clean mug. "I'm sure the other girls will be ecstatic, though."

Waving towards the kegs off to the side in a wordless question as to what he might prefer to drink, she answered his query. "Of course there's food here, silly boy. Don't they feed you on that boat?" She then moved to fill the mug with whatever he indicated. "Let me know what you want and I'll tell those lazybones in the kitchen to get on it right away."

Moving towards his spot at the bar with the filled mug, she set it down in front of him and rested her hands on the counter behind the bar. "Dragging a string of hearts and admirers behind me wherever I go," she replied flippantly, with a little toss of her head. But she then gave a little shrug and said truthfully, "As you see. I have a roof over my head to ward off the weather, a bed all my own to sleep in at night, plenty of food and coin to buy what clothing I need... what more could a Holdless girl want?" She possibly gave him close to the same answer each time he asked, but then again, when he only visited every few months, it wasn't like he heard it every day.

"And how has the sea been treating you?"
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 pm

"You're leaving so soon? You know none of the drunken sea monsters can compare to you."..."I'm sure the other girls will be ecstatic, though."

Kyo was grinning smugly at that. "Oh, I'm sure they will be excited. The entire place will be in a chaotic uproar, which is why I won't be extending my stay. I still have some errands to run for the Captain before I get my time off anyway."

"Of course there's food here, silly boy. Don't they feed you on that boat?"

"'Course they do; just not quite the same as bein' fed here." Turning a smile at Ember again, "Any stew and fresh baked bread? Some fresh fruit would be nice, too."

Setting the towel down on the bar counter, the seacrafter listened to the girl's recounting the same basic routine he'd heard from her before, but since they'd not seen each other in a while, the words coming from her lips seemed more comforting than anything else. Kind of like being welcomed home to a familiar place that warmed one's heart. Her words made him think about her family that must still remain holdless, and how much she must still be worried about them.

When Ember'd filled his mug, he extended one arm for it and drew it across the bar top into his reach where his elbows leaned lackadaisically upon the same surface, so that he could sip on it at his leisure. After a few moments, he was responding to her question shot similarly back to him.

"Ah. Faring well enough. Weather's been fair for the most part, and that's always good. So it's just the usual I guess. Things have taken a turn to become a little more interesting, and I may be traveling on land for a little while coming up soon -more captain's errands. Other than that..." And the smuggler's hands opened in somewhat of a helpless shrug before taking his first drink of what had been offered him.

"Recently...has there been any new activity amoungst the Fort Guard? Or any other faction for that matter?" Typically there weren't any other groups to have to worry themselves over other than the Guard itself when it came to the territory Captain Thatch controlled over the water -and now with the help of the new group of ambitious Exiles, an ever extending reach on land as well.

[Sorry i kinna lost my steam there at the end. Tired! lol Maybe I should'a waited to post. Anyway, there it is! Hah.]
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Emberlynn nodded as the young man rattled off his explanation for the shortened visit. Just like with her tasks here at the tavern, she knew work wasn't done until it was done. If he still had errands to run, he would have to handle them, even if he was taking a break right now.

"'Course they do; just not quite the same as bein' fed here." Turning a smile at Ember again, "Any stew and fresh baked bread? Some fresh fruit would be nice, too."

"You know Lerijean - there's always fresh bread," she told him in response to his meal request. "I know they just set a new stew pot on to cook not too long ago, so if you don't mind waiting a slight bit if need be..." If nothing else, he could have his fruit and bread while waiting for it.

And she would send his order back to the kitchens in a moment.

"Ah. Faring well enough. Weather's been fair for the most part, and that's always good. So it's just the usual I guess. Things have taken a turn to become a little more interesting, and I may be traveling on land for a little while coming up soon -more captain's errands. Other than that..."

Ember grabbed a second mug for herself. As she listened, she moved to fill it and then wound up leaning against the counter close by, raising a brow in question at his mention of being on land more. It was interesting that his captain would have him on solid ground, given that their jobs were to haul things across the sea. Was there some special cargo he was needed to acquire?

"Recently...has there been any new activity amoungst the Fort Guard? Or any other faction for that matter?"

"The Fort Guard?" she repeated, leaning back and considering. "There was a rumor the other day that they seemed to consider noteworthy-- some incident on the border with Southern Boll. But it really was just the same-old, same-old-- someone's field was raided." Knowing the long-standing family feud, a few of the loyalist minor holders would pull stunts against eachother out of spite more than anything. It was always possible there was more to it than that, but Ember hadn't heard anything else.

((Running out of steam here, too! lol

I just made up a name for the 'cook', or even a baker or something, so if someone has already decided they want that spot, I can change it! Smile

Also... if I'm forgetting something we discussed about what's going on at this point, let me know! lol))
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Kyo leaned forward over the counter, both hands cupped around the mug as he supported himself on his forearms there. Considering that not much else seemed new, he figured he could afford to relax a bit more on his stay here, not having to worry too much about additional guards or searches or anything. That was a relief.

Kyo smiled across the counter at Ember then, rather pleased by that prospect. "Glad to hear not much has changed then. Feels like it's been so long since I've been back here."

Food was being served in front of him by the cook and his eyes grew round and seemed to sparkle as he slid his drink aside, rubbing his hands together eagerly over the delicious smells drifting up from the bread-bowl of stew. "Ah! Thank you for this meal!" The exuberance coming from him was almost childlike just before he began digging into his food. Eh,...maybe Kyo hadn't changed that much either, even after so long of being away. He could still really seem so immature sometimes.

"I don't know if it will mean much in the end or not but..while we traveled the coasts of Igen, it seemed that some bands of holdless were becoming more organized. I guess I can't really say much on it, but if that's the case, then that might make it easier to find the rest of your family in the future. So, I'll have to look harder the next time we go that direction. I might even know someone I can ask to help look for them." Kyo grew quiet then, as he ate the meal prepared for him.
Back to top Go down
sylverangel

sylverangel

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Emberlynn chuckled at Kyo's excitement upon seeing the food he'd asked for. He was just like a little kid sometimes, and at times like this, reminded her of her sister and brother...

Swallowing and turning away to fuss with some mugs on the counter to hide the sudden stab of sorrow at the reminder, the young barmaid was trying to come up with some way to broach the subject of her siblings when Kyo solved the problem for her.

"More organized?" she parroted, not quite understanding what that meant. "Do you mean there are bigger groups banding together?" And if that was the case, why would they? Of course, they had their own camps, but typically the Exiled were as distrustful of eachother as they were of non-Holdless. What would make them join up with others? Was Thread... actually sighted somewhere?

Surely the rumored stuff was not coming for Turns yet, if indeed it was returning at all...

Still, though Ember was disappointed that Kyo had yet to track down her siblings, it was promising that he might have someone else he could ask to help look. "I appreciate that you do your best to look for them, Kyo," she told the young man, turning back to him with a lopsided smile as she fiddled with a damp rag. "Thank you for trying, and I hope you and whoever else might be able to help has some good luck soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Until evening. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Until evening.   Until evening. I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Until evening.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Fort Hold :: The Wild Green Tavern-
Jump to: